VMWare Workstation Pro 12.5.5

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Guru01, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Been using this for almost 3-4 months. I've even updates it from 12.5.1 to what the latest version is. I have setup 4-5 different os' few months ago and all of them were working with the internet, now i relaunched the vmware pro workstation and none of the os' are allowing me to get on the internet. I have setup bridged for all of the os' and they were working before. Just don't know what to do, any insight?

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    DNS issue, probably. Try to ping an IP (not a domain) from within a guest OS. If it works, then you need to setup the DNS server manually within each guest.

3. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    The laptop that i'm using has WIFI setup for the internet. All of the os' within VMWare all have cat5 internet setup for some odd reason, but they worked before. I tried pinging ipv4 address and dns with no success within one of the os' of the vmware, but it works with the laptops wifi when it returns with success pinging. I even tried pluggin in a cat5 with no success for windows 7 vmware to access the internet.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    What is your network settings for Wmare Bridged mode or NAT? if its bridged mode then try NAT. I had similar issue with an XP VM and I had no network then after switching bridged to NAT then it worked.

5. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    It doesn't matter if i use Bridged mode or NAT. Neither one allows me to get on the internet. Besides i'm getting this error as well. 'Failed to connect virtual device Ethernet0' The network bridge on device vmnet0 is not running etc...etc.." It must of changed something when i went through the upgrade from 12.5.1 to 12.5.5.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Did you update Windows?
    Maybe the Creators update broke the network driver/services of VMWare. For me, it did.
    Just, relaunch the latest VMware installer and use the repair option.

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yep, try a repair or re-install of VMware.