Call of Duty: WWII Announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Activision confirms indications that the Call of Duty series is returning to its World War II roots with the official announcement of Call of Duty: WWII. They are pretty mum on details for now, holdin...

Call of Duty: WWII Announced

2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    It's the first time since Modern Warfare I'm actually interested in news about a Call of Duty game.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ah, so we went to space in previous one and now we are back to WW2? Neat.

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Well i actually liked the campaign of most recent CoD, so looking forward to it.

Besides might even give it a go in multiplayer. :)

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Will it use a new engine? That is the only thing that will make me buy a cod game again.... it using a new engine.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ill wait for the reviews to see how long the Campaign is, because i don't do Multiplayer Shooters.

If it's 6 to 8 Hrs then it's gonna be a tough one for them to get my money.

7. NudeDude

NudeDude Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    If we are lucky, we can enjoy fps cap at 90fps with 144/165/2xxHz monitors in year 2017 :)
    If not im waiting for this.

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Good its been a long time coming I must say, the 1st workd at war and black ops are some of my all time favorite games. I just hope they get the story right like part 1 was really intense . Always better to use real word events instead of jumping on walls and jet packs for gods sake that got boring really fast.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ffs are people still amazed by cod games? I think there all bad since they all adapted the run and hide and regen your health system halo made all the rage.

I like to see how much people rage if shooter game these days if they need to find health packs to keep them self alive or think instead running in gun blazing.

Then again I dont think people play them for the story campaign, either

10. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    They finally quit trying to "innovate" and when with the "copy Battlefield1" strategy.

With :chainsaw2: DLC!

Too many 10yo playing multiplayer these days, they'd go mad having to look for med packs or having medics like Battlefield 2 had.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  12. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Same silva

MY interest ended after modem warfare as they were all classic games, from the call of duty 1 to the big red one right threw to modern warfare 1 was brilliant. But after that modern warfare 2 was a let me down and since then had'nt bothered but this brings back glory days of rushing into camps with a mp4 german gun or sitting on embankment's with my carbine32 :banana:

13. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    After all the latest Cods it is good to see them going back to there roots, I have not played much since Cod5 but I think that was a good choice. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. And if it is really good well that the end of my life and probably another 15k hours trying to get back the competitive skills I once had. :3eyes:

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Stop. They will do same thing as always. They'll support game till release of next CoD. Then fixes, cheat protection goes to hell.

They are pulling WWII card because Battlefield series is in WW1 and they want to eat their cake before BF goes there in few years.

But truth is that people who buy BF games will enjoy their game for many years with continual support.
    Paying for CoD all those money they ask is just gaming rental for 12~18 months at best. And even then their cheating protection and active banning sucks.

BF1 is far from perfect yet. Cheats happen, but in every other match, cheater is banned. They try and they get banned.

15. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Game Engine would be the last thing I would take in to consideration when buying a game. It's important, but it will never trump gameplay and story.... look at Minecraft, it's not the most visually pleasing game in the world, but gameplay and mechanics wise, it wins.

I will admit though, I always held game engines as a priority for every game few years earlier, but over time, I reliazed that it's not as important as other factors. It's just a cherry on top.

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I didn't say it would be awesome, I never bought a COD game in my life and don't plan to do so: not into feeding cashcows.

The reality is that they ****ed up insisting on moving with the modern to future era. DICE knows what people want and went on unexplored territory. Now they'd be accused of copying on the success of BF1 so they're doing WWII again...

As to cheats, every game has them. I wish they got IP/steam/origin/uplay/etc banned.

Minecraft is the worst game I ever saw in my life, I can't understand how people play that in 2017 when there are so many better games.

17. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  18. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Meh, I'm sick of war games period. Sick of MP games even.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I would like something new, I am a bit fed up of seeing the same boring old engine being reused over and over again, they make so much money off this cash cow you would think they would at least try investing in an actual better engine.

20. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    THIS! Exactly this. I want to get excited about it and believe they're going back to their roots but this is just a knee jerk reaction to BF1, nothing more.

If it ends up being an amazing game I'm truly be surprised.