Review: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Frametime Analysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    AotS is still pretty unstable. Some of those graphs are quite interesting.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I wouldn't be worried. These results coming from the game which is barely played, done by a company which, lets be honest here, is deep in bed with AMD. And which cares about NV optimizations so much they couldn't be bothered to get to the bottom of Async state on NV hw for months, instead using the opportunity to dis NV hardware.

When a technology demonstrator aka AoTS, is unable to achieve perfectly smooth gameplay on the most powerful hardware on the planet, I'd say that the issue is with tech. demonstrator, not the hardware. Which wouldn't be any comfort if the game was a huge success and topping the popularity charts. Luckily, its anything BUT that.

The only other game with the issues is Hitman, a long time frame offender.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Hitman's frame time instability is a feature at this point.

Noticed in RE7 the Fury looks to be running out of VRAM is that game really that much of a hog at WQHD?
    [​IMG]

5. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Question to anyone who happens to know, is there a reason why AMD cards frame-times are often worse and have a higher latency than Nvidia?

Is it due to lack of optimisation or less power in the card or just architecture of the cards?

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    newbie answer but I "think" that it's because they have older hardware, the older nvidias also had artifacts like that from what I remember and they weren't tested in 1440 or 4k like now it's bound to make things worse

thanks for the article Hilbert I have been playing for years with an Asus 120Hz VG278 with lightboost hack (a black frame insertion that works better than any of the models that have it standard, I know I ordered and returned them all :/ )
    because of that near-perfect zero motion blur I can easily notice stuttering and weirdness but didn't understand why my 100+fps looked like a diaporama with obvious picture jumps before you and digital foundry started doing FCAT graphs so thx for them really useful to me,
    especially now that I'm looking at VR and want a super smooth framerate