Tools Allows you to Install Windows 10 Creators Update prior to official release

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Guru3dreader

Guru3dreader Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    ISO links don't work (403 forbidden).

Is the assistant still working?

3. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    Pretty sure it's the basic link to the windows insider iso. You need to register as a Windows Insider in order to get the file. :)

4. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Im downloading something via Media Creation Tool that i got from the link. Is it insider build or creators update?

6. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    Hover over the link and you will see that is the latest insider build 15063.
    If you don't want to register to insider program then get the upgrade tool refered in the new.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  7. Broken Haiku

Broken Haiku Member

GPU:
    AMD 280x 3GB

The tool at the link you provided says I'm up to date, and I'm on build 14.393.969. Perhaps they rolled it back?

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The tool worked for a while then didn't, and now needs a hack to get it to see 15063 using a different XML file iirc

They're talking about it over on MDL forums, didn't bother linking it in the main 15063 thread until it works without a headache

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This works fine. I'm still waiting for it to be the "official" Windows 10 ISO.

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

On release day it will likely get an update, so I guess in a way, nobody has release day Creators update just yet, they just have the base.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    As is always the way, and every month a new cumulative update arrives and changes the previous one

The main build stays the same throughout

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Very true. If you're a general user it would probably make sense just to wait. However, if you have made a new computer buold or need to do a reinstall, and not just want to for the excuse, then getting it now would make sense.

The base build without the release day patch could probably be considered, in a way, as a slow ring insider build because it isn't quite what an updated system will be on release day :), that's what I meant. Getting it via the Microsoft download tool, downloaded directly from Microsoft, would be okay. Homebrewed ISO's are never recommended, and getting the download tool from a non-Microsoft unverified link could mean a tool that would download a fake infected ISO with keyloggers etc. Might sound unrealistic, but it wouldn't be difficult to do, and fake infected ISO's have been around for a while which is why homebrewed ISO's aren't allowed on MDL and other sites.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hash checking ISOs is how to be sure they're official, I wouldn't download someone else's homebrew ISO, but making one yourself from official ESDs is another certain way to have a clean genuine ISO (Hash won't match with homebrew though)

Each to their own as to whether or not they wait, personally as Windows is now a service, you could say it is not worth updating each and every CU they release because the next one will fix things the previous one has not

At the end of the day, Windows 10 is and will always be in beta, giving it an RTM status just means that build was slightly better than the earlier previews that didn't make the cut :)

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I tried this on my PC before the pulled it, on my 1511 system it saw 1607 build not the creator builds.

which makes me wonder if going from 1511 to Creator update is possible on upgrade

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    there IS a feature i should be hyped about in this new upgrade?
    sorry, but i have just one Win 10 computer which acts like a guinea pig , and has no personal data stored into it.
    Win 10 just went downhill for me, and i have tweaked it out and still sneakily went and update and restart , just to piss me off for good.

16. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I'll stick with the official date.

From previous updates two things come to mind.

1) Bugs, They only just fixed a bug relating to the Surface and Bluetooth in a .11 patch I believe.
    2) Kaspersky - I need to wait for either a patch from Kaspersky for official support or a new version. 2018 is almost ready but I'd rather wait for the patch.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Paint 3D might be the only thing i'm looking forward to with this update :p...