i5 7600K temps

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Vxheous, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I recently built a second system with a i5 7600K. Overclocked to 4.8Ghz @ 1.35V hits peak temps of 84*C during realbench (just a quick flash of 84*C, usually sits about 78*C) Normal use during gaming has temps between 65-72*C. Using a Corsair H115i cooler, and I've re-seated it. Ambient room temp is 21*C, and the idle temps are 28*C. Is this normal for Kabylakes, and is my standard operating temps within normal/acceptable?

I've tried dropping the voltage to 1.32V and 4.6Ghz but system becomes unstable.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Mid 60s to 70 is fine for day to day use.
    Personally I think above 80 gets a bit iffy but no harm will be done.

The only way to get great temps is by delidding. You can expect 20~c drop from using metal-based tim.

3. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Thanks for the reply. I played around with the cache ratio and was able to bring down the voltage to 1.25V with temps much better in the mid 70s while stress testing. I've read multiple different opinions regarding overclocking on the cpu cache. Some say don't bother and leave it at 4.1Ghz, some say match within 500mhz, and some say try and maintain a 1:1 ratio with CPU. What's the overall consensus here at guru3d?

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

As above in 60-70's are OK,personally I don't like go above 80 on cores or high 70's on cores

Regarding the cache and cache ratio, I tried few settings like on X99 or Z97 as well and really difference in gaming between 32x and 42x or even 45x has been just minimal and in my view hasn't been worth it to pursue as with some high cache settings I needed to push crazy cache voltage which can cause higher temps on longer run and difference you will see mainly in synthetic tests or benches

What cooling are you using there and as above I would delid chip

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Im using a corsair H115i as my cooler. Setting my caxhe at 41, Im able to do 4.8ghz at 1.25V now for max temps of 75 stress testing, and able to do 5.0ghz at 1.30V temps 82 stress testing. I would prefer not to delid as this computer is for my wife and I dont have money right now to replace the cpu is I break it with delid

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Well for those that say you must have it with x amount of mhz of core can be ignored.

Personally i would set cache to 1.2v and run the highest stable ratio and leave it at that.

More voltage is not recommended unless temps are really good.
    Also scaling for most CPU samples seems to suck past that as well.

7. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I don't think skylake/kabylake lets you set a separate voltage for cache (at least nothing that I can see in my bios) so it'll just have to run 1.25V like my core. My temps are much better now compared to before. Thanks for the replies everyone.

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    So i´ve just build a new rig with a 7600K but i want to check if everything is working properly, specially because i may have installed my Noctua U12P-SE2 in a strange way... Anyway my idle temps are around 30 degrees and the load temps are around 55 degrees, at stock.

Are those temps normal or good???

Thanks.

@Vxheous, after i install and set up everything, i´ll overclock and then tell you my temps so you can compare them with yours.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017