Windows 10 Build 15063 with lagecy drivers = no text

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by paradis_pal, Mar 28, 2017.

1. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    Hej igen,

Now another huge problem, the new build 15063 doesn't show text almost everywhere in windows, the message boxes, windows explorer and almost everywhere except the settings menu.

There is no problem in browsers, IE and FF, I am using FF.

Anyone else has this problem?

I am no 5650 DriverVer=11/04/2015, 15.201.1151.1008 , I tried the Crimson 16,2,1 with no help.

The only solution is removing the display driver and install it again more than 1 time it will be fixed it until restart.

Here are a little pics http://imgur.com/a/B7EHA

2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Very interesting.

Any switchable graphics Intel/AMD AMD/AMD - 5xxx/6xxx (terascale) users with the same issue?

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Can you run

Code:
    sfc /scannow
    From an Admin CMD, and report the results?

4. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    No need to sfc /scannow cause it is new fresh installed p.s removing the driver login out and login again installing will fix it.

running in safe mode will fix it.

it is definitely a compatibility issue between the old driver and the new build, I was on the slow ring and updated every time without any issues.

Yet it can be fixed from a patch from Microsoft, but I want to check if anyone else has it before reporting.

5. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This is why Microsoft does NOT release the build updates for all Windows 10 installations at the same day. On some configuration the build may be released months after the RTM.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You'd be surprised how many files need to be replaced by sfc after a fresh install.

7. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    No issues here on my 6970 system here. My wife is running the last Beta drivers they released.

8. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    You'd be surprised unless you have a faulty hardware it is not that often.

P.s. I have already done it no errors, and if you boot in safe mode without errors it most likely drivers

are you sure it is the new build 15063, some PCs fails to update and rollback to an old version without user noticing

9. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Checked 15063 and 16.2.1 with my oldy HD 5670 and everything works fine. I bet something were broken down in your OS.

10. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Updated a Sony VAIO with a single dGPU 4xxx. Runs fine if not a little better. (might be the usual placebo after an upgrade)

Updated an HP Envy 17 2xxx 6850m / Intel HD 3000 with no issues.

Using the standard WU drivers at the moment.

11. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    Thanks for your answer, so it is just my PC,

Strange that I had no errors at all, the only I think of this last update that it updated to Swedish language directly, even though I tried to restore the English language it didn't fix it, the only fix was to uninstall the VGA driver and install it again (sadly until the next restart which it is not that far cause the wake up problem :().

Now it is more confusing and all, but I really appreciate your feedbacks, you are so nice guys,

wish you a nice week :)

12. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Perhaps your installation was corrupted? Or the installation media had corrupt files or it was bad media?

13. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    No corrupted files, I already ran sfc /scannow.

P.s booting in safe mode will fix it, it is differently a driver issue, I will try to look it more,

Thanks for you replies :)

14. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Yes, if an update fails to install I just create a iso out of the .esd but now it can be downloaded straight from Microsoft as they have released the .iso's of these.

15. potatochobit

potatochobit Active Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    did you use that program that removes all AMD software?

I used it and it caused some errors installing the new driver and windows 10 had to redownload some updates
    it was on a laptop with switchable graphics and I had to manually reinstall CCC but it works great after that

16. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Hi,
    I have the same issue. White boxes, I'm using 17.2.1WHQL as with those I don't have it or I dont have it so often. I noticed when I plugged my TV (hdmi) to watch movies it always f$%ks up. Also if I only install 17.3.1 or others versions of drivers it always happens.

17. bycrash

bycrash Guest

GPU:
    16Gb
    I have the same issue, but I have Nvidia gpu. I found the reason for this bug in my case - it's comodo internet security. Try to disable in safe mode autorun for all comodo services and apps, then check.

18. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    It is comodo internet security, thanks you are smart :)

wish you a nice weekend :)

I have notice, login in and out without removing the VGA drivers for so many times will fix it

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So Comodo is blocking some of the glyph code from the Windows/GPU driver subsystem? WTF.

20. xakep

xakep Guest

GPU:
    HD 5850/1GD5
    I am on 5850, disable hybrid boot in power settings fix issue for me. Why this was, the fix, because this happen only on first boot, after restart is ok :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017