Gigabyte and intel not good combo for me.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by dudecat64, Mar 27, 2017.

1. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Just requested another rma for my GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard as it wont post. Just power cycles. My other gaming 7 lga1150 motherboard wont connect to the internet most of the time. Assuming its drivers causing the issue i am now back onto my gigabyte 970A - D3P AM3+ board with phenom II 945. It works and internet works. So i am not having great luck with intel boards right now. Anyone else with gigabyte boards having issues or just bad luck i am having with them. I like my gaming 7 board but internet issues with windows 10 64bit pro is annoying me. I am a lost with that board and its internet issues. Seems to work fine other then that. I would hate to rma a board and have them tell me its a driver issue nothing they can do about it and send back the board and cost me $15 in shipping.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Only ever have owned one Gigabyte board. It was a X48-DS4. it was terrible, died on me after a couple of months.

Other than that, I've owned 3 Gigabyte gpus, they all had issues.

I will not touch Gigabyte products until they seriously step up their game.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I have only owned 1 gigabyte board which was an LGA 775 C2D/C2Q DDR3 based board and it was a solid board lasted me over 4 years.

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970

5. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    never had a problem with Gigabyte stuff myself

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I have this Gigabyte board for last 4 years with an overclocked CPU to its limits. Never had any issues with it.

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Had no end of issues with giga X79 boards, now I'm all about the ASUS.

8. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Had a GA-Z68XP-UD3 paired with 2600k, It was a bad over clocker. Gigabyte dropped fixing and supporting the board via bios updates.

9. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    I've still got a X58 UD4 board running an old i7 920, still works after, what, 8 years? Had to change the CMOS battery a few months ago but the board seems fine.

10. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Previously had a Gigabyte AMD based board and cpu, and it never had any problems, was literally PERFECTION.

My next and current board is a Gigabyte Intel-z77, been using it for quite a while now but it has had it's share of issues unfortunately. Some never really resolved. But it runs and performs fast, and the problems i have worked around for the most part.

Kind of left a bad taste with me, i'll be going ASUS next time around.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had 2 gigabyte mobos and 1 gpu 6600gt and both worked ok, but that was long ago, Prescott 915P and later x48-ds5 a bit higher class.
    Imo the only bad thing is their bios, @ x48 I was stuck at some beta bios and it still had a few quirks.

I went with asus later, still using this system, because it seems to have more bios fixes through time and it took ~6-10months until they perfected it. By GigaByte they just move on.

12. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Well i am glad i am not the only one having odd issues with gigabyte boards. My next one will be asrock board. I had a skt939 board it was a awesome board. No issues whatever back then and they were still young company then.

13. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I think if you did a Google search you'll find all the brands with their fair share of duds.I've had Asus,Gigabyte,MSI and even an ECS at one point.A couple had issues that were solved over time but none that were absolute junk.

14. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    Well I have just got a Gigabyte GA-X99-SLI.

I guess I will see if the quality of Gigabyte has dropped or not, though I suspect it will be the latter.