Call of Duty: WW2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by signex, Mar 26, 2017.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    [​IMG]

Alot of sources and leaked images say the next Call of Duty will be called WWII as in World War 2.
    I recently went to BF for my FPS fix cause of CoD's futuristic themed games for the passed few years.

But if this game turns out to be real, i'm going back to CoD, WWII is still my favorite theme for a shooter.
    I'm pretty confident this is real, so i didn't add the 'rumor' tag in the title of the thread.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/25/15059024/call-of-duty-wwii-reboot-rumor-leak

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, this year is Sledgehammer Games turn. It's possible they would do a WWII game, but seems odd that they would jump from their first outing, Advanced Warfare, and jump back to were the series got started.

But, WWII... could be a good setting. Depending on how it's handled.
    That time has always been mixed for me. I love BiA: Hell's Highway, and MoH:Allied Assault.
    But... CoD... United Offensive was great. But CoD2 was just more of the same. World at War was a lot of fun, but TreyArch followed it with a shift to Vietnam. So... who knows.

3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    What a joke!

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    COD is dead for me. Long time now. WW2 wont change that.

5. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Apart from COD4, World at War is my favourite COD game.

6. bestlucy

bestlucy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti D
    I agree with ShadowDuke. I am not anymore into CoD, unfortunately. I used to love this game.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I didn't see this coming.

This is sarcasm

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    CoD has been a victim of it's own success, and a publisher that fails to realize why it was initially a success.

That's not to say newer entries haven't had their moments. Black Ops was a great campaign, Advanced Warfare offered a campaign with better, writing, characters and pacing then normally seen in the series...

But, more often then not it seems Activision only care about hitting a November release and not about making a quality product. The Black Ops sequels fell short of the original. Ghosts was laughably bad.
    The Modern Warfare series played out like a Michael Bay dry hump fest.

There's definitely some incredible potential to the series, but it needs fresh eyes and thoughts to really make use of it.
    Maybe Sledgehammer Games returning to WWII would be the best thing, if they truly, really make it theirs.

Personally, and I mean this in no disrespect to anyone, but I think it's a little ignorant to just ignore a future title because of disappointment in previous entries.
    Yes, it's a good way to approach things and try and judge, but it's not a set definitive example how anything will turn out.
    As for me, I hate the GTA series. Vice City had been the only one I liked. 3 was okay, but kind of bland. San Andreas was awful, and 4 was boring as hell. So, going by that alone I was not interested in 5 at all.
    But, got it as a gift and loved it. Rockstar's history with the series tainted my view, but, upon playing I found a fantastic experience.

There can be a good, even great, CoD title in the future. Nothing is impossible. I always look forward to new CoD titles in hopes they'll make one that really delivers.
    I hated Titanfall, loved Titanfall 2. Found Destiny boring and tedious, but I'm still interested in Destiny 2, specially since it's (possibly) coming to PC.

9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Ever since they screwed PC gamers with Mw2 the series has been dead on PC.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I hope its good, looking forward to some bolt rifle action :D

11. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Good ol' Cod1&2 days

12. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    so lets get the usuall reason i dont bother with call of duty for years..,

Killcam
    Nade Indicator (use your eyes or use your ears....)
    Radar
    Perks.....

After they introduced all the console crap I gave up on Call of Duty i tried up to mw2 but just kept getting disappointed

World At War also disappointed with the cheap console features as welll doubt this new Call of Duty wont be any different

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Battlefield 2 introduced "perks" before Call of Duty did. Two years before actually.
    Also, Crysis featured a grenade indicator.

It's okay if you dislike the series, but you want to say you hate the series for doing "console features"... when most of what you listed appeared on PC exclusive games as well.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I would be really happy if they used a new engine for a change...

15. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I already see the story.

The future. Year is 4053. Earth and Mars are at the brink of interplanetary conflict that would destroy both planets. The evil dictator of imperialistic colony of Mars wants to start a war and he is a direct descendant to Hitler. Protagonist must travel back in time and kill Hitler to prevent it having any children. Little do they know, that when they traveled back in time they created a paradox in space time continuum. The world is different. The can't go back. Evil is on the rise.

***** zombies are everywhere. All hope is lost. Will our hero from the future be able save the alternate past? All answers will be answered in FALL of 2017!

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Mind you, this would probably sell more copies than the real campaign to conquer Normandy... again, some 15 years later :D

17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well guys, I'm not into WW1 or 2. I think I'll be sitting this one out.

18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Don't mind the WW2 settings, gameplay is usually the issue. Lets see how well they make it.

19. dmitrice

dmitrice Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 8GB
    Me too. COD2 wasn't bad either

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have enough BF and Cod games to last me a lifetime at this stage. lol