MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X Graphics Card - Detailed Photos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Unilythe

Unilythe Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Looks very slick and clean. That PCB too.
    Always like the design of MSI cards. Wish there were more options for colours though. I'd love more quick silver editions.

3. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    I don't like the holes on the PCB plate... they do look cool but dust will inevitably settle in

4. Juni0rM1nt

Juni0rM1nt Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX 1080Ti G.X
    I would trade-in my MSI Gaming 980s, if MSI will honor it. wishful thinking i guess :) :banana:

5. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Awesome! All I want to know is when will this be available?

I have the same card, but it is a 980 Ti and it owns.

6. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    All the murmurs would have these and other AIBs trickling through within about 10 days at drip feed pace and slightly more widely available mid-end April.

I'm waiting very very patiently either for this, Aoreus or Strix OC ROG.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been been looking at the early pre-order pricing of these custom cards at EBuyer and it looks like they add a £100 price premium over the reference cards here in the UK, £799 vs. £699. Ouch! That's the opposite of the GTX 1080 where the Founder's Edition (a.k.a. reference card) was actually more expensive than the custom GTX 1080 FTW I bought from Amazon for £599 (vs. £630 for the reference).

I really get the impression that NVIDIA are taking the mickey with the pricing of their high-end cards, mainly because they have absolutely no competition from AMD.

8. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    Then it's not Nvidia taking the mickey, it's the AIB manufacturers.

But I never believed the custom cards would be cheaper in this case, Always expected the FEs to be around £750 and the AIBs to be a tonne more expensive. So actually pleasantly surprised I was £50 out in the right direction.

9. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Beautiful card. Will be mine. It is too bad though the heatpipes on the side don't come out anymore, like they did before. It made it more aggressive looking.

As for availability. I am hearing the third party cards are coming very soon. There will be limited stock this month, but better stocking in April.

As usual, F5.

10. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    Lets hope VEGA has something to say about that... for the prices if not brand loyalties.

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I didn't care about a bling bling RGB led computer so I drilled a 200mm hole in front of my SLI setup in the plexi window, placed a coolermaster 200mm fan in front of them with not dustfilter, not even a grill hole+fan that's it
    they have nearly zero dust on top of them and the fins and fans on the underside are even after months as new..zero dust on them
    this probably has to do with my airflow (5 fans pushing cold air in including aio cpu cooler, 2 pushing hot air out top rear ) but just saying it can be more than ok
    and my room is very (dirty) dusty so if it's ok with me it can def be for you unless you live in the desert lol

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  12. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    the Founder's edition which let's remember is actually the basic model was a marketing scam "pay more for this ultra cool worst edition !"
    it worked once it won't a second time so now things are back to normal and you pay more for a better card

they 1080ti strix ROG are sold around 900USD in switzerland btw
    one reseller already received 14 ROG from what I heard (they receive 5-7 a week) and they have around 42 people who also ordered one waiting now

I...am waiting for the MSI obviously
    is it me or is the MSI thinner than the asus ROG ? the plastic cover seems to be slightly less thick ?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  13. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  14. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
  15. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Cool, yeah those are all solid card choices. I really love MSI cards, the passive mode is epic for when I work and not game.

I think your totally right, the ARMOR just dropped so I would think this week its going to happen fort he Gaming X for sure!!

https://ca.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForc-GTX-1080-Ti-GAMING-X-11G.html#hero-overview

16. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    If you are going to spend this kind of money, it doesn't make sense to get the Armor edition. People are mostly buying it because they are impatient.

Might as well go all in with the Gaming X.

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Looks like they changed the orientation of the heatpipes. Look more efficient when compared to the 1080.
    GTX 1080 Gaming
    [​IMG]
    GTX 1080 Ti Gaming
    [​IMG]

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They look thicker too, more effective then?

Guessing those are for the GPU, more heat from this one than the 1080 thus bigger piping?
    (Probably don't want to accidentally touch that largest partially exposed one then heh. :D Though I guess bios switches and what not are located on the other end.)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  19. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I'm sure as the 1080 Ti is hotter it was a change made for efficiency.

20. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    I dont get it, why dual HDMI, i think tripple DP was better and one HDMI was enough.