Playerunknown's battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by slick3, Mar 23, 2017.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Anyone else gonna get this game? If so, what are your thoughts and expectations?

Looks like a combination between ARMA 3 and H1Z1, and you actually need to 'aim' to kill someone.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't know, I've seen a few streamers play it. Just looks like another DayZ / H1Z1 clone. I've honestly had enough of these games.

3. busboi

busboi Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Bought it, love it.

I'll admit the game has some bogus movement specifically jumping but the shooting is solid.

I assume frame rates depend on your CPU performance? Am I correct? Does anyone know?

"is there anybody out there?" Pink Floyd.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Actually heard good things about it and tempted to get it. Looks like it runs better than laggy H1Z1/DayZ, there is tons of loot and you can team up with friends.

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I loved PlayerUnknown's ARMA Battle Royale game mode! I don't think I have the GPU to push this yet so have to wait for Vega to come out and decide. Post some gameplay videos!

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I see people comparing it to dayz or H1z1.

keep in mind this isnt a crafting survival game, There is so much loot because its a pvp last man/last group standing game.

Matches have set time limits and players are pushed closer and closer together to force combat.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Super addictive mainly due to it having very solid gun play something other games like dayz and h1z1 still don't have and tbh probably never will.

It's also in a very good playable state already and way in front of the other games.

I was totally done with these Battle Royale games both dayz and h1z1 have been a utter mess but this game has got me.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That is exactly what H1Z1's King of the Hill mode is.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Was referring to the survival mode. And even still, there is no crafting in this like there is in Kotk.

10. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I am completely addicted to this game :D

11. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Big update. Performance updates etc.

12. Styles

Styles Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Here are the patch notes:

Known issues
    The motorbike leans slightly to the right when being driven straight.
    The tires of the motorbike cannot be shot out at the moment
    [Non-English Players] There are some mistranslated in-game texts and they will be shown in English

Client Performance Improvements
    Made some improvements to address the issue of FPS drops when opening the inventory UI
    Reduced the load on the CPU through instance rendering so that the GPUs can function to their full capabilities
    Made improvements to address the issue of FPS severely dropping when in the vicinity of Yasnaya, Polyana & Georgopol
    Rendering performance on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved
    Graphic performance and quality on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved

Server Performance Improvements
    Performance improvements have been made with relation to the items spawned in the world

Content Updates

Added Vector SMG. A very powerful SMG most appropriate for short to mid-range combat that is spawned in the world
    Added Motorbike w/ sidecar. A sidecar-less version will be added in a future update
    Added a 2X Aimpoint scope
    Added a Ballistic Mask
    Added 3 new color variations for the Dacia
    Added the crossbow back into the game

World
    Adjusted the density of environmental elements to be identical across all graphic options
    Adjusted object placement to address issues of characters getting stuck
    Adjusted placement of trees that were spawning inside houses or above the terrain
    Adjusted the frequency of thunder sound effects

UI
    Revised certain system messages and item descriptions.
    Added descriptions for attachments
    The dead team-mate icon will now disappear after a certain time and distance when in team modes
    Map markers are now visible to all teammates
    Names of teammates now appear on the world map

Gameplay
    You are now able to move sideways and backwards in the REVIVE state
    The REVIVE timer will no longer decrease when a team mate is attempting to revive you
    When attempting to revive a team mate, the reviving timer icon will now also be visible to the player being revived
    Adjusted the character position slightly when in the REVIVE state
    Made improvements to address the issue of characters shaking while being spectated
    You are now able to open the world map when spectating
    You can now view the casting bar when the teammate you are spectating uses heal and/or boost items
    You can no longer use heal and/or boost items when in water

Action/Gunplay
    Adjusted the overall balance on all attachments
    Adjusted the overall balance on Assault Rifles
    We will continue to balance all weapons and attachments throughout Early Access
    Fixed the issue that caused cars to temporarily stop when their tires get shot out
    You can now sprint when in the crouch stance
    Fixed the issue of “Armed/Unarmed” state not being applied when there are delays in the server network
    The blood hit effect size now varies according to the weapon caliber
    You can now move when in aiming and/or scoping in the prone state
    Fixed an issue with the sitting position of the character in the back-right seat of the UAZ
    Fixed an issue with the position of the left hand when reloading the AWM
    Fixed an issue where aiming from vehicles was not accurate
    The positions of bullet hits are now the same for both yourself and the others
    Fixed an issue that caused the hit box for the head to be slightly larger than the actual head
    Adjusted the ragdoll physics for dead characters to be more natural
    Fixed an issue that caused the character to use the wrong aim offset when using the freelook function while holding a grenade
    Fixed an issue that caused the landing-from-a-high-altitude motion to seem awkward when holding a pistol
    Improved the quality of zoomed-in scope views
    Bolt actions are now triggered even after the final shot has been fired, so that you can starti re-firing as soon as reload is complete
    Added swimming animations to go upwards and downwards
    Fixed an issue that caused the reticle to appear even when in situations where you are not able to shoot
    Your character now uses a different animation when in crouch stance while holding a melee weapon
    Made improvements to the reload animations for the M249
    Made improvements to the reload animations for the P1911
    The muzzle flash is now brighter than before and is now visible from a longer distance

Sound
    There are now sound effect differences for supersonic and non-supersonic bullet speeds
    Made adjustments so that the sound of the bullet flying through air doesn’t play when shots are fired from a short distance from your character
    You can now figure out what floor the opponents are at just by listening to their footsteps
    Adjusted the firing sound of the SKS in mid to long range combat
    Adjusted the volume of the footsteps

Miscellaneous
    We have opened a test server to better manage our content and secure stability for our live environment updates
    Additional in-game texts have been localized

Bug fixes
    Fixed a bug that caused some buildings to not be visible at long distance
    Fixed a bug that caused a knocked out player to be ejected in front of a vehicle. If knocked out in a vehicle, you will now be ejected to the side
    Fixed a bug that caused weapons to clip through walls
    Fixed a bug that caused the icons for certain “pants” items to not appear correctly
    Fixed a bug that caused the PLAYERUNKNOWN shoes to not render properly
    Fixed a bug that caused the hit effects to play at random
    Fixed a bug that caused bald characters to have hair
    Fixed a bug that caused disconnects after 5 minutes into a match

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Anyone playing this, is it good? Is the game full of hackers being similar to Dayz?

14. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    it's been many years since I had this much fun gaming, I'm hooked.
    The tension of jumping out of the plane unarmed, trying to get to cover, listening for others, and get armed is fantastic...I've had a few moments where I literally jumped out of my seat.
    There is a lesson here for the dev's of the world, it doesn't have to be a complex game to entertain.
    This is simple, just survive.
    Oh and the fact that the map is 8km x 8km helps....
    We need to get a group of gurus together.

my steam name is TZLV|Coolerking.
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    this is a crazy success, a lot to learn from for sure. I have fun with the game too. steam name is 'xenthor xi' :D

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Cheat protection is pretty solid from what i've heard.

Also yes it's pretty good, and I don't even like competitive shooter games

17. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I bought and refunded the game on Day 1 - it was very buggy to the point of unplayability. I may get it again, it seems it has come a long way since.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thanks all...

Not sure about the idea that when you down your opponent if there crawling it means that they have friends near. Just sit and camp concealed till they show trying to rescue there teamate...?

What i would like to know is how do you guys feel about how this works? Be better without the crawling, so you dont know if teammates are around?

19. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's fun, it's hard as hell and I die a lot. I like it.

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Gotta love people who abuse the refund function. You don't buy an EARLY ACCESS GAME, and then refund it....because it's buggy. What exactly does EARLY ACCESS mean to you? If you were not ready to play with bugs, then you shouldn't have bought it.

Man, i so fricken hope they get rid of this refund nonsense.