Problem with GTX 770

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Riggs, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Riggs

Riggs Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7700 series
    Hi people ! I have my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 EVGA who doesnt work, when I start it he block on the HP generic blue window

I have a “bip” every 30 seconds, then after 2m, the screen is black with an underscore on the up left side, no more bip and he is stuck on that

My keyboard don't work on the blue and black screen

If I put my old card (AMD Radeon HD 7700 series) my computer work perfectly

I dont think its the RAM, I have 8GB, worked before the gtx and still work after I put the Radeon back

I had a brand new power 650W and I pluggin 6 and 8 connectors, and something show off on the screen so I guess the card was plugged well

I didnt removed Radeon driver yet

I have windows 7 x64 family pack

My motherboard is a Foxconn 2ABF 1.30 and my BIOS AMI 7.14

Sorry if my English is weird, it's not my main language I hope you can help me, thanks ! :)

2. Riggs

Riggs Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for your help, unfortunately I cant return the card and i cant try GTX 770 on another computer

I wanted to do a new win 7 with a new HDD, but first I tried without HDD, and I have the same problem, even with the HDD after I used ddu and removed every graphic drivers I found, nothing change

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    It's sounding like the gtx770 is dead since your old card still works. But there are still some things to try...

Since you cannot put it into another computer for testing, I think the only option you have (after trying to fix the video driver like mentioned above) is a fresh install of Windows which I think you may have already been trying.

Perhaps you can take the video card to a local PC repair store and have them test it for a small amount of money.

Maybe it has a factory warranty?

4. Riggs

Riggs Guest

GPU:
    This card is a gift from a friend who he dont need anymore so I dont have the warranty

Apparently she is not dead, he told me the card worked well on his computer

The first time I plugged the card, the card was underfed cause my alim wasnt strong enough (300W),the screen was black nothing else, so I brought a new one (650W) and then I do the blue then black screen + bip that I said in the first message, I dont know if its the reason or if its help you to know where the problem come from

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    How did you connect the 6-pin and 8-pin from the 300w psu?

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  7. Riggs

Riggs Guest

GPU:
    Thanks all of you for your help

I find my problem, my motherboard can handle PCI express 2.0 and the GTX 770 is 3.0

So I need a new motherboard

Thanks again ! :)

8. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    That can't be the problem, my MB its PCI-E 2.0 too and my 770 works perfectly, PCI-E 3.0 (and 2.0 too) is backwards compatible