Windows 10 Build 15063 (RTM)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG]

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
    • We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.

Known issues for PC

• The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.
    • You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.
    • If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
    • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552
    • See this forum post for more details.
    • Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo

• There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
    • [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...ows-10-insider-preview-build-15063-pc-mobile/

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    :banana:

my job called me 3 times come into work.....nope

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Could just make an ISO from this and upgrade manually, but tomorrow morning isn't a bad length of time to wait

We weren't expecting it until April for GA

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Interesting when it's downloading it's still called:
    when downloading in the Windows Update page.

I guess that's because of the upgrade path used. I wonder how long it will take before we start seeing RS3 previews?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm surprised they're shipping this but whatever,

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm surprised (or not) that the same bugs have been listed for the past 3~ builds, same registry bug exists, but could be that is fixed in RTM and only affects machines upgrading from Insiders builds

You'd expect to see bugs from 3 builds ago being almost gone for RTM

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah you'd think they would run some kind of script after an affected PC is detected in WU. *shrugs*

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Same, though the Threshold and previous Redstone builds also had some remaining issues in their final / RTM build which were then patched out over the next couple of months via the cumulative update though I had expected them to not ship RS2 with some of these issues still unfixed.

The Release Preview ring is available though and the watermark and timebomb are gone so this should be the final RS2 build and it's moving on to RS3 shortly and of course the usual monthly fixes for RS2 which I'm guessing we'll see the first of in a short while ahead of the general release for this build sometime April. :)

9. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 10GB
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My PC finished installing this "Creators Update" about 20 minutes ago. It took about 45 minutes in total to complete after taking some 90 minutes (at least) to download and "prepare" it for installation.

Everything appeared to go fine but on booting into Windows I was unable to access the Start menu (it refused to open) or the Notification bar. I could open shortcuts on my desktop and File Explorer but Windows Apps such as Settings and the Store would just display their splash screens (coloured background with their icons) in a window and never actually opened or displayed anything. I could not even access Task Manager via Ctrl-Alt-Del as it just showed a black screen. A reboot fixed by selecting Restart from the right-click menu on the Start button.

Let's be optimistic and call that a one-off. I have come across one very annoying bug though... or perhaps it is specific to my machine... any Windows Store apps and games that are not located on the C drive show blank icons in the Start menu. Those that are on the C drive display as before. Knowing Microsoft this is likely an oversight as I've had issues with apps located on other drives with previous builds of Windows 10, e.g. the error when installing or updating apps to my H drive post-Anniversary update which turned out to be caused by the drive using file compression.

Going to test some more over the weekend but at least all my games and programs are still there exactly as before, including my desktop and the Fenced icons, etc.

*UPDATE*
    The apps with blank icons won't load... a window appears then immediately closes! Great! Still it wouldn't be a Windows Update without something getting broken. Some of the apps I've fixed by using the Reset option, which then requires them to be "reinstalled" (really it validates them rather than redownloads them as it happens too quickly) but that isn't working for Gears of War for Windows 10 unfortunately, which ironically is the largest broken Store game. :bang:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you sure do have alot issue with windows store and there apps, This why I still dont use it, Hell store app is installed on my PC yet it is not, all the need files are there in right place but no store app is found in start and it can't be manual started.

Maybe stop using it? I know it drastic but it was me have these issues I would demanded refund on all that i bought there and stop using long ago.

I still of the opinion MS doing this store for "apps" was and still is bad idea and badly done at that, or the fact the did it in first place cause , they felt threatend by iOS/Andriod app store that could be free or charged apps, the one app I have which Weather APP that comes preinstalled, still has issues with being blank, and that happens regardless if the computer has used one privacy programs or not.

Im surprised MS has not started putting OS function behind payed "DLC" wall yet.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  12. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 10GB
    Seriously, only way to use W10 is to get the Pro version and use CBB. This behaviour is be design.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Windows Store and its apps and games *DO* work though; it's just that updating from one major Windows 10 build to the next seems to introduce issues. I've never had any problems running Store games or apps once they're installed though, only when I've had to move them from one drive to another (which was a bug in Anniversary build) or they've become broken and no longer open (the new Reset option and redownloading fixes this).

I've just ran sfc /scannow and it reports no errors so it looks like build 15063 has installed correctly. However, dism /restorehealth returns error 0x800f081f but that's normal post-upgrade until I create a USB Windows 10 backup and then run it using the /source flag.

I played about an hour of Viking: Wolves of Midgard last night and the game ran fine (bar the usual Unity engine stutters!), exactly as it did on build 14393.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have no doubt they work likes should when they work. issues is the Store seem to keep screwing up for you, alot I would been annoyed long ago, you is trooper like conkers

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  15. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Curious, Should I try this one or the redstone 2 creators update 1703 version???

Wanted to try this one but also have redstone 2 creators update.

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Both 1 and the same mate

17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    When you think rs3 will be out, some info is out already.

Also, Any .esd decrypter for this build, I found one but it didn't work.

In some cases, re-installing the os fixes the issue of decrypting .esd to .iso.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=413403

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ok I am trying it out now but asks for product key before installation.

want me to skip?

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    eah skip the machine will activate once connected to the net as long as its still the same hardware its stored against your microsoft account now