Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Operating Systems
Operating Systems Is Windows 8.1 giving you a hard time ? Wanna try out Windows 10 ?

Windows 10 Build 15063 (RTM)
Old
  (#1)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX980 SC ACX2.0 4GB
Processor: FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz / H100i
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: 12GB 2133 G.Skill
Soundcard: Creative SB1040 7.1
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default Windows 10 Build 15063 (RTM) - Yesterday, 03:05 | posts: 16,957 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
  • We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.

Known issues for PC

• The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.
  • You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.
  • If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
  • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552
  • See this forum post for more details.
  • Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Adv ertisingInfo
  • There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
  • [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.

Source:
http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexpe...063-pc-mobile/

Old
  (#2)
dsbig
Ancient Guru

Videocard: SAPPHIRE NITRO 390x
Processor: 3770k @ 4.3ghz
Mainboard: GA-Z77X-UD3H
Memory: 32gb 1866mhz
Soundcard: Soundblaster ZxR
PSU: Kingwin 850 watts
Default Yesterday, 03:08 | posts: 3,797 | Location: florida

my job called me 3 times come into work.....nope

Old
  (#3)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru

Default Yesterday, 03:10 | posts: 16,957 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Could just make an ISO from this and upgrade manually, but tomorrow morning isn't a bad length of time to wait

We weren't expecting it until April for GA

Old
  (#4)
thatguy91
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
Processor: i5-3570K
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme6
Memory: DDR3-2400 2x8GB
Soundcard: ALC898 + Microlab FC-730
PSU: Enermax Platimax 750W
Default Yesterday, 04:15 | posts: 6,216 | Location: Australia

Interesting when it's downloading it's still called:
Quote:
Windows 10 Insider Preview 15063 (rs2_release)
when downloading in the Windows Update page.

I guess that's because of the upgrade path used. I wonder how long it will take before we start seeing RS3 previews?

Last edited by thatguy91; Yesterday at 04:17.

Old
  (#5)
lucidus
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
Processor: i7 6700K 4.5Ghz 1.28v
Mainboard: Asus Maximus 8 Hero
Memory: Vengeance 32GB 3000Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard + H/K Soundsticks
PSU: 850W EVGA Supernova
Default Yesterday, 09:36 | posts: 9,652 | Location: Dobuy

I'm surprised they're shipping this but whatever,
Quote:
There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.

Old
  (#6)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru

Default Yesterday, 10:18 | posts: 16,957 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidus View Post
I'm surprised they're shipping this but whatever,
I'm surprised (or not) that the same bugs have been listed for the past 3~ builds, same registry bug exists, but could be that is fixed in RTM and only affects machines upgrading from Insiders builds

You'd expect to see bugs from 3 builds ago being almost gone for RTM

Old
  (#7)
lucidus
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
Processor: i7 6700K 4.5Ghz 1.28v
Mainboard: Asus Maximus 8 Hero
Memory: Vengeance 32GB 3000Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard + H/K Soundsticks
PSU: 850W EVGA Supernova
Default Yesterday, 10:20 | posts: 9,652 | Location: Dobuy

Yeah you'd think they would run some kind of script after an affected PC is detected in WU. *shrugs*

Old
  (#8)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 Fury OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default Yesterday, 10:22 | posts: 12,861 | Location: Sweden

Same, though the Threshold and previous Redstone builds also had some remaining issues in their final / RTM build which were then patched out over the next couple of months via the cumulative update though I had expected them to not ship RS2 with some of these issues still unfixed.

The Release Preview ring is available though and the watermark and timebomb are gone so this should be the final RS2 build and it's moving on to RS3 shortly and of course the usual monthly fixes for RS2 which I'm guessing we'll see the first of in a short while ahead of the general release for this build sometime April.