Alien Covenant

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by keenan, Mar 1, 2017.

1. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    First of all, I did search for an existing thread on this film, but astonishingly I got no results..

So, the second trailer just dropped and my hype and excitement for this is unbearable!

x​

The path to paradise begins in hell.

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created, with ALIEN: COVENANT, a new chapter in his groundbreaking ALIEN franchise. The crew of the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world. When they uncover a threat beyond their imagination, they must attempt a harrowing escape.

In Theaters - May 19, 2017

Cast: Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz, Jussie Smollett, Callie Hernandez, Nathaniel Dean, Alexander England, Benjamin Rigby

Directed by: Ridley Scott

__​

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I’m trying to contain the hype and excitement I have for this one! Huge Alien fan and really this is the only upcoming movie I care about. Just please don’t suck .. pleeeeeaaasseeee ….
    Also there is this thing called Prologue: Last Supper (don't know how to embed youtube stuff). Still not sure if I should watch it. If someone does, please share what is it and how do you feel about spoilers in it?

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Trailer looks really interesting and I love to watch trailers when most of the actors are totally uknown on my side. Going to watch this with mi boys in local cinema for sure.

About the hype you're talking about... Well, no one else (OK, two of us) will notice this thread anyway, everyone including me are so exited about Hilbert's Ryzen reviews tomorrow here on G3D, guess servers where G3D is located are going to massively clogged tomorrow :D

edit.
    three of us :)

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Use the [ youtube] last section of YT URL here [/youtube ]

Without any spaces

So yours would be

[ youtube ] EkXgRlRao5I [ /youtube ]

Without spaces

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but it did not work last time I tried it. Thank you!

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I have very hyped for this. Aliens is one of my favorite movies. Couldn't get enough of it when I was a kid.

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    So looking forward to this....after Kong.

8. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Kong? Never heard of her! :D

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Hard to get hyped over an Alien movie, since everything apart from Alien and Aliens has been pretty poor.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well the Alien looks rubbish. Sorry let me explain that in a little more detail. The Alien as I've always seen it have been ambush predators, they hide, coiled away and then unfurl out of no where to capture their prey. Even when you saw them in the open they always seemed to move with a slow menacing purpose. To put it simply seeing an Alien clinging to the cockpit of a ship in flight and then smashing it's head against the window to get in.... yeah just doesn't seem very Alien to me.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i love the alien franchise and i enjoyed prometheus aswell, hoping for more of the same

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You have to love Alien stuff to be excited after Prometheus which was so far away from Original Alien goodies.
    But I love even Alien Books.

And here I feel that it will be close to roots.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Same, I really hope it is close to it's roots. :)

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Going to watch this tonight.:)

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Same.

I'm off out in an hour or so actually, been awhile since I've been to the cinema.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Should be better than Prometheus although it wasnt bad it wasnt great.
    Tbh i think the worst Alien film is the first one.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's actually the best, because it is only one which touches horror genre.
    All after it are "just" action movies. Secondly it has pretty consistent story flow. And surprises in it are so cool.

18. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The first Alien movie is by far the best, it set the tone for the entire series and is arguably one of the best horror movies ever made.

The worst is either one of the AvP spin off titles, or Resurrection/the cinema cut of Alien 3.

That aside I just got back from seeing the movie and I actually enjoyed it. It was a bit slow at times, and there's parts which were just odd and felt out of place. Overall it was a decent experience, it had a good mixture of horror and action with some good visuals. I'd have liked to see more screen time for the actual Aliens (as in, not the proto-aliens).

Judging from the end I suspect the third film is going to be more action packed, David has an entire colony to work with this time.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I have not been hyped for a movie in a very, very long time.

20. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Its a great film, i loved it, some genuine tense moments and moves the story along nicely.