LG Unveils G6 with FullVision Display

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    LG today unveiled the G6 smartphone, the newest smartphone that features a new display format complimented by a cinematic viewing experience, screen to body ratio, wide angle camera and more. ...

LG Unveils G6 with FullVision Display

2. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Unless something magical happens over the next couple years where I hope that my Xperia Z5 Compact will last, I won't ever buy another highend phone.

In my entire group of friends and acquaintances, the experience with highend phones has been nothing but disappointing. Lots of money for nothing over cheapo phones like the Moto G. The only issue with cheaper phones is they only come in size huge, it seems.

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    G6 isn't great at all, poor regional restrictions, poor battery and camera seems not to be great at all, according to some samples from AC.

How LG went that way since G3 idk, they need reformation.

4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    The best practice, at least for me, was to buy the high end phone at the time it's replacement came out. The difference in performance is miniscule, but the price is halved. For example I bought Xperia Z3C at the time when the Z4 was coming out and I still don't see a reason to replace it.

About the size, the hgihend phones also only come in huge size. It's actually ridiculous as these phones reach up to 7" which was a tablet format.

5. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Agreed.. the only reason I have the Z5C is because my Z3C literally fell apart and I just couldn't be bothered spending more time RMA'ing it.

First the back cover cracked, where I had it replaced under warranty. Then one day it just died and wouldn't start again, no matter how many tricks I tried. Sent in and had the motherboard replaced under warranty. Then the front basically came loose, I figured they hadn't used enough or the correct amount of glue when putting it back together and I just couldn't be bothered anymore.
    I made the mistake of buying it at a major teleoperator here, which opens and closes and opens stores all over all the time and have an extreme turnover in staff (and the amount of different staff pr. store is huge because it's just kids on part time). I remember when I came in to pick up my phone the first time after they'd gotten a new one in stock after the back-break replacement, I was put under what was close to a 3rd degree interogation to explain why I was getting a new phone... even though I had all the paperwork with me. "Who made this order for you? What did he look like?" and I'm like "i don't know, just give me my phone?", and it was almost as annoying the second time round, and then they closed their store which was close to where I work, so I just bought a new phone at a electronics retailer that I buy most my hardware from where they have proper customer service.

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Well i got my s3 neo and comparing to the new phones it is geting really outdated but 720p is enough for my needs 1.5 gb of ram seem fine so far .. although i only make calls hearing mp3 on the road and light web browsing camera etc i could not care less!

7. kroks

kroks Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    hdr dolby vision :eek:
    tv, smartphones... pc is last :(

8. _ray_

_ray_ Member

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080
    No hi-fi DAC or wireless charging for UK, no thank you.

9. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    S3 is sluggish as hell after you've used modern devices... I have to use one at work, unfortunately.

10. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Or just don't buy highend from a well known brand. Have a look at Oneplus, XIAOMI...their highends are comparable if not better with the best of the best for half price or lower

11. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i bought the asus zenfone 3 deluxe for 499usd from newegg unlocked... i had the phone ffor two weeks it has a glass protector and a case on it and it fell and hit the carpet and half the screen died i sent to asus which i had to pay shipping and they said it was my fault and not covered under warranty said i needed to pay 260 .... so i called newegg and i had 2 days left to return for replacement but i no longer had the earbuds that came with it as the one side didnt owrk right from the box... so newegg extended my 30 day and issued me a return i finally got another and it dropped half a foot last niht off couch onto carpet and i got a no sim card message had to take sim out and reinstall... i do not think they did any durability testing on this model of phones even though i love the phone i am buying am new phone as a back up just in case.

12. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    How intrusive/obnoxious is LG's implementation of Android these days? Are there multiple unremovable circa 2011 apps and a 2nd LG store in addition to the Google one? I won't touch Samsung anymore thanks to theirs.
    At this point I don't really care about most features beyond speed, battery life, a good camera, and a non-clunky version of Android.

13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    well s3 neo is a slightly updated version a bit faster cpu and from 1 to 1.5 gb or ram on top of it ..yeah sure some times there are some stutters ...but nothing that bothers me considering the use i have for it i use it as phone / mp3 player / and internet browser every-now and then and yes i know it is sluggish comparing ...but for the use i have for it ... is not 300 + usd/euro's sluggish :p

edit : i mean paying 300+ usd to get a different phone to get rid of the stutters :p

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  14. trentbg

trentbg Guest

GPU:
    nVidia