Need instant help with SD card for phone!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pewe1337, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Pewe1337

Pewe1337 Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7970 @1070
    Going on a trip in a few hours, and I need to download some movies. No storage left, but I have a micro SD card with 28 gb storage, and none of it is used. my normal harddrive on my phone is full, and I cant download anything more on it. However im not able to make my SD card the main harddrive, even if I have put it as the main one through settings. How can I make my SD card to be used? I need help fast! I have a huawei phone by the way.

2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Used by what? You can access the SD card the same as the internal mass memory in the phone. Some Android applications refuse to use an SD card for their own uses, but for music, movies, and such, it's a no-brainer. There's no media player that wouldn't be able to use data stored on an SD card.

If you can't see/access the SD card, it's not properly in the slot, broken, or something else is wrong with it. If you can see it, just move extra stuff from the internal memory to the SD until you have enough space. Although if your internal mass storage space is totally spent, it ought to render the phone poorly functional anyway, so you might want to remove lots of stuff in any case.

3. Pewe1337

Pewe1337 Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7970 @1070
    I mean an SD card thats not the internal one. I have put the other SD card with lots of space available as my new internal SD card, but whenever I try download something, it says I dont have enough space, so that means that the SD card with alot of space on it isnt being used...
    and if the new SD doesnt work as the new internal SD card, how do I move over apps from one SD card to another?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    If you got netflix you can go to netflix settings and select that you want to download movies to the SD card and not internal storage.