Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Should it be legal everywhere? Your thoughts first. Then Ill give you mine...:banana:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes. There's no logical reason why alcohol which kills thousands every year is legal, and weed, which is relatively harmless, is illegal.

airbud7, Icanium and signex like this.
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Thanks for breaking the ice for me Hemi....

Thats^ why I Love g3d Pub!.... because I ask anything....yall know Im crazy/ lol

If I posted this on facebook my mom would call/ LOl

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    its not good, makes you dumb and lazy

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Some of the smartest and most successful smoke. Some of the worst and most violent drink. If you feel that strongly about marijuana, can we assume you're even more hardcore against alcohol?

HonoredShadow, airbud7 and Icanium like this.
  6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Should be legal, with similar regulation / laws to alcohol.

airbud7 likes this.
  7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Legalise it, tax it.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  8. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Using it for "recreation" is dumb imo.... but I would say the same thing about drinking alcohol to the point that it alters your mind and self control (ie being drunk). However I believe that cannabis has a number of very real medical uses and I support that fully.

As for whether it should be legal or not, you're no more of a public danger high on weed than you are when drunk. I am open to discussion on how to best regulate it with public safety in mind. We would definitely need stricter penalties for driving while high, drunk or on the damned cell phone... far stricter than we have now.

9. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    This. Lots of money can be made from it.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I have one, chronic neck/upper back pains.

Every time I smoke a joint (only like once every 3 months or so, when offered), my neck and back starts snapping, my muscles loosen up and the pain is gone.

If it ever becomes fully legalized similar to alcohol over here, I'm going to see if I can get some that doesn't get me that high, just relaxed in a similar way.

I swear to God, it's better then every single painkiller out there.

ZXRaziel, IhatebeingAcop and airbud7 like this.

11. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    If you think smoking weed makes you dumb and lazy, it's either you that's dumb and lazy for believing that, or you came to that conclusion about yourself while you were high.

Being high is a state of being, which is why all the senses are elevated. Food and drink tastes better, orgasms feel better, and you can find deeper meaning and perspective in things such as philosophy.
    I've also found marijuana grounds your center being which is why it's a perfect tool for meditation.

Don't dismiss anything until you fully understand the nature of what something has to offer.

IhatebeingAcop and airbud7 like this.
  12. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    People freak out about illegal drugs, yet when someone gets killed by drunk driving/violence, alcohol still is completely OK.

History and culture of human and alcohol are too intimate to take them apart.
    Weed? No, we dont deal with it. Its something that calm minorities do, so **** em and jail em.

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    But it does dull your reflexes though.

Use with moderation basically, same as with alcohol and medication.

Though it's true it elevates some things too. I remember when I smoked it for the first time, I ate half of a friends chocolate he had at home. I was just baffled at how amazing the chocolate tasted.

airbud7 and nz3777 like this.
  14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    With that logic, you should also try PCP, bath salts, heroin etc

15. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    All things in moderation.
    Too much ice cream will kill you.
    Pot is far less dangerous than alcohol.
    The money spent and lives ruined by trying to stop something that grows naturally/is nearly harmless, is beyond stupid, and impossible.
    I don't see 100's of kids dying a day from pot, but I do see that every day from prescription drugs and that's a fact.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    You should not compare Heroin to weed tbh...

I've seen a heroin addicts apartment when I was 14, that was something else. That day I pretty much said to myself: "Alcohol and weed, that's the limit, anything beyond that: Nope!"

17. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Look uruguay. you can buy legal marijuana on the pharmacy only need to register and with the fingerprint a computer tell how much you can buy.
    The are making money and removing the bad marijuana from the market aka "el prensado paraguayo"

nz3777 likes this.
  18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Duuuuuuude....you're way too young to be harshing our mellow with....

[​IMG]

airbud7, nz3777 and Icanium like this.
  19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I just wanted to reply to state that I have never smoked weed or even wanted to try it (being asthmatic my whole life made it seem like an extra bad idea). I have however been around people that smoked weed daily. When I worked at a ski resort I had fellow workers light up daily right on the job. Their job performance went to hell in a hand cart when they were high, (their severely lowered reaction time is a bad thing running a chair lift). conversing with them after they got high was painful. They always talked about how they were smarter and tried to have these intellectual and philosophical discussions that just made them sound like idiots. Now if they would just light up at home I wouldn't have cared, but at doing it at work was and is retarded. (This was my observations for a couple dozen individuals over 7-8 years).

I do respect your opinion, I just thought I should give my experiences with it second hand so to speak. :)

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I'm not comparing, just pointing out logical fallacy.

Personally i don't care if people want to smoke, just rather not smell that nasty stuff.

I'm older than time itself my son :eyes: