Adesso AKB-636 Mechanical Keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Adesso announces the release of the AKB-636UB Mechanical Keyboard which offers users a new style of advanced ergonomic input device with multifunctional browsing features.The MSRP for the 636 is $99.9...

Adesso AKB-636 Mechanical Keyboard

2. Raplapla

Raplapla Member

GPU:
    -
    Ergonomic? The keys are not aligned vertically. It’s stupid. Look at the TrulyErgonomic, or the Typematrix, for an ergonomic design.

3. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    "advanced ergonomic" ???

More like causing headaches from all the accidental touches of nearby keys.
    All flat, almost no spaces between the round keys and probably no feeling on where your fingers are.

But, it looks cool... for people who type with 1 finger while looking at the keyboard.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    The looks would fit a retro scifi movie.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Considering visual style, it is not gaming keyboard and as such 6-NKRO is good enough (for typing keyboard).

And considering lovely style, it comes at good price.

Btw. , guys, not every keyboard has to be gaming keyboard.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It's the same alignment as on a standard keyboard. It just that the keys are shaped different. If the contact point placement is the same the peripheral shape of the key shouldn't matter. Sure, visually it looks like it would feel weird to type on.

7. dunadan101

dunadan101 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Everysingle keyboard I ever used has the same misaligned keys. I suspect what's "ergonomic" about it is the shape of the keys. Nothing ergonomic about having to relearn how to type because all the keys aren't where they've always been.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's because keyboards simulate Typewriters where such key placement was mechanical necessity.

Following is 2nd keyboard I ever used. And no keybord after that had better design. I got mechanical keyboards, but I still missed proper key placement.
    You can notice slight concave placement of each row and how keys are angled. No other keyboard bettered this one.
    [​IMG]

9. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I kind of like it, would like back lighting.

10. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    topre realforce hipro should give similar placement to that commodore keyboard

anyway the keyboard good looking
    the switch say using "kahil blue" ? never tried before, but from google pages, it said what razer using on their keyboards so seems not any better than cherry or even worse

for switch imho nothing better than topre
    like the new realforce that intended for gamers : http://www.realforce.co.jp/products/realforce_rgb/
    it have APC (actuation point changer) basically you can change the sensitivity of each key in 3 different level