Differing 1080s

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Halloween Jack, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    Hey folks,

I'm scanning Amazon and the internet in general waiting for a good deal on a 1080.

I've heard there's little difference in performance between them all, but curious what you guys think...

Amazon has a ASUS Armour for £550 and Overclockers has a Zotac AMP for £560.

Armour good deal but no backplate. Heard good things about the Zotacs.

But I keep hearing peeps mentioning ASUS Strix, but I can't find out why these are particularly regarded.

I'm probably going to wait till I see a 'As new' or repackaged one on Amazon for a cheaper price, so would be good to know if there's any in particular to look out for.

Any insights?

2. grzesiek1515

grzesiek1515 Member

GPU:
    GTX1080 SuperJetStream
    Strix is overrated, I have Palit SJS version and I'm more than happy with it. Core has typical OC and Mems go up to 11Ghz

3. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    So why do people like it? Strix I mean Anything in particular?

Just curious, cos I can't find anything mentioned.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I bought it cause it had the highest factory OC of the bunch (though any card should theoretically be able to push the same numbers) plus I think it looks good. But I'd choose MSI since it's quieter. I also liked that the Strix had two HDMI (VR ready) and two chassi fan connectors.

It's really nothing more than preference, the chip itself is the same across all brands :)

5. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    Cool, thought as much.

6. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    The zotacs are decent as well. The gigabyte cards have a whine to them.

7. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    Oh, stop your whining!

Thanks, will avoid.

8. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Just bought the Strix installed today , as they say same as the others . Its quiet , it runs cool and sits at just under 2100mhz with my overclock.

9. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    MSI ARMOR is a low cost version, doesn't have active memory / vrm cooling. Just a piece of aluminium a la EVGA. Probably the reason because MSI doesn't send samples to reviewers.
    The Zotac AMP is much better card overall with active memory cooling and a good heatsink on the VRMs that receives airflow from one of the two fans.

10. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    And a good price...

Might get that then.

11. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I bought the strix cause it was the only one i could find at the time of release(except for the g1 that i didn't want and the MSI which was overpriced) ,wanted to get the Zotac AMP Extreme but would have waited ages to become available, i don't regret buying the Strix though, was really quiet and cool with the strix cooler on it.

12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally I would have look on Zotac GTX1080 AMP Edition or AMP Extreme,both are good cards although AMP Extreme is better card with better cooling, this only main difference between these two Zotac cards

Have tried as well Palit Gamerock GTX1080 which I used for testing and been pretty awesome card and good OC

Gainward GTX1080 Pheonix are good cards as well, only tried 1070 for while, but cooler is same like on GTX1080 or GTX1070

Then here is FE which I would choose if you are thinking to put under water nothing else as their stock cooler is very loud there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

13. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    I tested an Asus ROG 1070, wasn't impressed by the quality tbh. EVGA on the other hand was a masterpiece in all honestyh(quality wise).