AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Cinebench R15 Score Close To Intel Core i7 6800K

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Just wow that does put it into perspective better than the other leaks, look at that price per performance ratio Oo

How ridiculous does the intel prices look now...

3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    The question is , Is VulkanDX12 a legit leaker? :p

4. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    That power consumption is nice too. It's good to see AMD pulling those numbers, at that price, against two 140W CPUs with a 95W. Hopefully we'll see exactly the same from actual reviews pretty soon here.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    This is amazing. Thank god AMD is back. nVidia also needs a kicking too (hopefully soon). I miss the days when competition kept product prices in check and affordable.

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Good lord, if this will be true upon release, then Intel is in TROUBLE. They are so overpriced, unless we will see a major price change from Intel, i wont be surprised if pretty much everyone besides diehard fanboys will go for Ryzen as their next CPU upgrade.

7. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    GOOD QUALITY..GOOD PRICE..

hopefully really really competitive in the chip arena..NO MORE MONOPOLY..NO MORE OVERPRICE..:)

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Intel already shown willingness to sell chips at loss just to prevent AMD from gaining revenue.

There is good chance, that it will be us customers who will have choice to pay bit more for AMD equivalent or support intel's destructive practices.

And I already know that in such case, people who are aware would have to make huge waves to sufficiently educate people for whom: "but this CPU cost $10 less" is main decision factor.

9. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Awesome! Man I can't wait for Ryzen 1700x or the 1800x its going to own.

Man that 1600X is really impressive if you consider the price and performance.

There is going to be amazing times ahead for us PC gamers this year I can't wait.

10. RonanH

RonanH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Uhmmm that's NOT a 1600X, the 1600X has 95W tdp, that is a vanilla 1600 @ 65W TDP as per the serial number itemised in the article.

Which makes it an even more interesting benchmark if true.

11. Ziggymac

Ziggymac Guest

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix SLi
    As a point of reference, my i5 4690K running at the same Ryzen boost speed of 3.7Ghz gets a score of 145 in single threaded mode.

Very impressive. AMD have jumped up to Haswell/Devils Canyon IPC levels.

A 6c 12t CPU at those sorts of single core performance levels will be a gaming monster.

The only caveat is if they can't match Intel's overclocking performance, but I'm really struggling to see how they won't overclock to 4.2Ghz and beyond.

12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Well not only that, it is a quite an upgrade as well. For instance, if i decide to go Ryzen 8 core as next upgrade, i need new mobo and new ram too, and thats an extra 400$ on top of processor's cost.

Will we see a major drop in Intel's 8 core's? Doubt that, they are MEGA overpriced right now. Would love to have one, but my wage is nowhere NEAR that sort of price category. Hence comes the decision making process.

Besides, im curious about the quality of new Ryzen CPU's, how good they will actually be in the long run.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Those are 6C/12T benches on dual channel memory. It is quite possible that 8C/16T may see some bottleneck there.
    Well, 1600X is 65/95W chip. So it may be 65W sample running in 95W. And then there is that other thing. We do not know exact way AMD deals with SDP.
    We know that there are some "soft" (not software) limits as AMD stated that with better cooling chips will boost higher. So while chip may even run in 65W mode, if equipped with good cooling, all cores may be at full boost.

It is nice to see some numbers, but till they come from HH, they are just "nice numbers".

14. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    You'll need a new mobo and RAM if you go for a new Intel CPU.

With these Ryzen chips, you could first get a 4c/4t entry level CPU and then replace it with a 8c/16t monster later using the existing mobo you already have. Just try that with Intel: Get an i3 and a mobo for it, and then later buy a 6 or 8-core i7 and install it in the same mobo... "Error, socket mismatch" is what you get.

15. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Kaarme
    Sure, and its current state going with Intel would be even more expensive.

Hence why a lot of people wait. I personally want to see in game performance of top AMD chips. And how well they will be overclockable.

Besides, what im annoyed about is if AMD releases Ryzen 8 core cpu's, in a way making them "mainstream", will intel answer right away with a cheaper version of their 8core cpu's? Time will tell apparently.

16. yadro

yadro Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    So tempted now to switch to AMD.
    But still to make the switch is like buying a new computer,another board,ddr4 ram :/

Patiently waiting for the actual guru3d reviews :)

17. Hatetrain

Hatetrain Guest

GPU:
    .-
    All those Intel is in trouble/doomed responses are naive and idiotic to say the least. Do people honestly think a company that invests billions in R&D, is doing exceptionally well and controls most of the market is going to be done over but the tiny underdog? No, Intel will do what they did last time, steamroll the competition with advancement. I for one want to see the Intel's next gen response to AMD rather than focus on a silly short term price war.

18. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I had my doubts to be honest but I am counting down the days till March 2nd now! Amd is back ladies and gents!

19. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    I'll be waiting patiently for reviews. Then I'll patiently wait for prices to actually reach the levels where they're supposed to be. Which has only recently happened to the RX 480s...

20. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    This looks extremely good. If numbers does turn out to be true then I might just sell my CPU&MB and grab on of these new puppies from AMD.