Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jan 26, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    graphics improvement
    [​IMG]

3. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    So, the game is out soon, some 3 weeks from now, anyone getting it? I definitely will, the first game was great after a few patches.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, based on how much I liked the first one.

metagamer likes this.
  6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Nice one. From what I've seen the character models look much better and it will be fully voiced which, if it doesn't hinder the story telling, will be amazing.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yup really looking forward to this and Battletech :D

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I liked the first game but man it was such an overwritten mess. Heaps of meaningless exposition over and over and over again, and the main story ended just when things finaly started to get interesting. The full voiceacting might be an indication this won't be the case here though. Hopefully.

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I just hope that the full voice acting won't take away from the amount of story telling / lore. CRPGs rely heavily on a ton of written text, often too much, but it's there for all the nerds. I really hope they didn't cut on the conversations because it would be too much to voice act. Fingers crossed. This has the potential to be a great game, I also hope there's some combat scripting options in the game from the get go.

I'm really hoping this will be just what I'm expecting, because I'm not a fan of Divinity games and Tyranny wasn't exactly my cup of tea. BTW, what did you guys make of Tyranny, while I'm at it?

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I liked it, took a while to get into it but once it took it was good fun.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I would love to see a proper Baldurs Gate series remake using this engine, with the latest D&D ruleset. Unfortunately, this will never happen however. :(

12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I take it you have the enhanced editions of BG and BG2? Graphically they're good enough to be enjoyable even today, let's be honest, the graphics in this genre haven't moved on that much.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yeah I have both of them. But I couldn't get into them as they still looked too dated, plus I'm so used to voiced dialogues now that the reading becomes a chore.

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've only tried the beta a little but it seems like a straight upgrade over PoE1 which is nice, although I'm hearing bad things about the navel combat which I haven't done yet. Performance is still a bit shaky though considering my specs. I picked it up for £20 ages ago before they pushed it back which was a great deal.

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    GoG is pathetic... No preload, shady refund policy... The game should be live now and instead of being able to install, I get to watch the "server problem" screen. Amateurs.

edit: God damn... so just be a bit stubborn with the second NPC in game and you're back to the main menu. Why does the game offer dialogue options that lead nowhere? Pranksters. I don't like the fact that I'm forced to follow a certain dialogue path just to be able to progress.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  16. Mereinid

Mereinid Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7850
    Greetings all, does anyone know where you install the ReShade/SweetFX too within PoE 2 Deadfire? Or, if you have either one working can you let me know where & how you got it to work.

The game starts fine when I use the ReSahde.exe installer and the ReShade loads. I can see it up in the top left of the game while it launches. However, no shader effects take hold in the game when they are selected. So I think I am installing the ReShade into the wrong folder.

Use to, I just selected the .exe folder where the game was run from.

In-game I can hit Shift-F2 and the ReShade opens up and I can select a preset but the shader effects do nothing, the picture stays the same even though ReShade goes through the motions of loading all of the shaders in the Preset.

Anyway, that's all I have, I like to have the game played a little darker and kinda spookier than the vibrant colors I am getting all over the place. I feel like I am playing the game in Georgia State Tulip Park in the middle of Spring....it's just so colorful..haha. Okay, I'll let you all to it.

Nice job Obsidian, nice job indeed. I am looking forward to loosing quite of bit my life to this game.

Luck & Loot,

Mereinid

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    game is out

bought it, despite not completing poe 1 (v near end), read a lot about how it gets away from lore dumps constantly (so sick about hearing about gods and stuff) and I got it for ~£25 from gmg

didnt complete poe1 nor its expansions, but spent an hour and a half making a custom save import, where you can choose outcomes for quests I remembered what I did, or looked on the wiki for what I would have done

Fully voice acted, that's cool, original wasnt.

Performance, eh, arite. 1440p on a 970 is ok, sometimes 60 sometimes 30fps.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Its not "fully" voice acted. And SSD is highly recommended, its 1/4 the loading times compared to HDD.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Everything the NPCs say is voice acted. The rest isn't. It's how I like it.

20. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i got it, so far it's better than 1

21. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

Idk how many got this, but the final DLC along with patch 4.0.0 is out now, if anyone was holding out on buying this til it was done.

I'd imagine there's a one or two more bug patches due perhaps for DLC balancing and fixes.

I enjoyed the main game quite a lot, far more than PoE1, first DLC was a good 3-4 hour diversion, 2nd DLC was pretty wank arena stuff.

Looking forward to starting this one, apparently the bulk of content is here

22. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP

PoEII going turn based.
    Unless this turns out real bad, this means im probably buying this next time its on sale.
    Definetely prefer turn based over real time with pause