NZXT Launches Puck to fight cable management nightmares

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Unilythe

Unilythe Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Finally they're going to sell this thing seperately. I'm definitely going to buy this when it's out.

3. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    Seriously?! And I though this product's announcement was a trial for a 1st April joke.

4. Unilythe

Unilythe Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Why? It's less expensive than a regular headphone stand and I can just stick it to the side of my case so my headphone will hang from the side of my desk. It also makes some cable management of my charging cable for my headphones easier.

I don't see the problem.

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Seems nice but knowing me if i get it i will use it for few times and then my headset will be back on just laying atmy desk ... is it only me ?i can not see my self wrapping the cable every time and unwraping it ... i gues it is after more neat caracters,:p

6. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    2Venix, no, it is not only you.

2Unilythe, check Venix's comment above. If you are really going to manually wrap around cable each time... well, probably you are the exception and exactly the right audience for such product.
    Most others don't even bother.

7. Unilythe

Unilythe Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    I made sure to specifically mention that it's a charging cable. I only charge my headset when I'm not using it, like many people with wireless headsets do.

You seem to have an issue with this product for no reason other than "I don't need it". Some others do like it. I happen to be one of them.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    90% of threads with niche products have posts like this. "This product isn't for me, so it must be an april fools joke lololo". Just see every TN panel monitor thread for examples.

I think the product is cool - I personally use one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-He...84755514&sr=8-2&keywords=headphone+stand+desk

And just wrap the cord around the mount a few times to keep it off the floor when I'm not using my computer.

9. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Would I use it to hang my headphones? Absolutely, they're wireless. But if I did attach the wire, would I wind it up nice and tidy, no. I would let the wire hang but not on the floor.

10. makah21

makah21 Member

GPU:
    3080fe
    Puck Yeah!!!!

11. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I could make use of one of these.... Depending on what you might have lying around your workshop you could perhaps make something similar for less than $20, but it definitely looks useful to me.

12. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    It's kind of cool but I just rest my headphones over the arm of my gaming chair when not in use although I might be interested in this for some cable management, since getting Oculus Touch my cables are looking like spaghetti junction, oh and I like the mysteriousness of this product :3eyes:

13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i actually like the product and yes i can see your point about wireless headphones absolutely i was mostly making fun of my self and my laziness sometimes to be honest

14. igorfiuza

igorfiuza Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 8G WC
    Looks awesome... But my chassis is a Silverstone Fortress, full aluminum, can't attach it to it.

15. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti