Anyone given up smoking? And is Vaping?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Me and the wife have not long given up the fags. And is now vaping. We've

been tring to quit for a few years now. And we think we've cracked it.

(Touch wood lol.)

We have been watching a lot of vaping videos on youtube for inspiration. And

so far so good.

We are currently using a Smok Alien kit. And my God it's awesome. So

awesome infact it keeps setting off the smoke alarms lol grrrrr. Talk about

flavour and clouds from it!!

So do any of you guys vape? If so what kits/mods do you use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR-wF9F3ntM&t=84s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Qlubr5Pzo&t=127s

2. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    how much did you guys smoke? do you get any cravings?

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'd call it a smoking replacement rather than something to use to quit smoking.

I did it for around 7 months and stopped because it seemed to affect my lungs worse than real smoking. The smoke fills the room as well so everyone else in the house was breathing it in along with me. While gaming, I was constantly on it because it's so convenient, same when driving.

As I worked as a chef I also felt that adding more oil into my lungs long term isn't a good idea. Great for saving money, though. Maybe half of my friends vape now, but, no-one I know has "quit smoking" (as in non-nicotine dependant) by vaping.

I was on about 10 a day, no cravings for real cigs while vaping, but, I just vaped all the time instead.

4. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    We would spend money on 3 packs a day between us. So the cost a month was stupid.

We both quit on the Thursday and found it incredibly easy so far. I know it's still very early days atm. But for me on the Alien kit I've not looked back.

We worked it out. For the amount of initaial out lay we spent, we will save in 2-3 weeks.

If like us you find it really hard to quit, this is the future my friend. Watch a few videos

decide what kit you want and go from there. Indoor Smokers is a very good channel the

bloke is nuts lol.

Good luck.

5. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I honestly can't belive it affected your lungs worse than smoking. The PG ingredient they use in the flavours, is used by doctors to treat people with lung problems. You should check out all the health videos.

Ok so it didn't work for you. Some people just can't quit the fags like me. So this is the better alternative.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I dunno what they use, but, the packaging on the oil clearly states that it's toxic. If I use vape I can quit easily, I just don't like the way my lungs feel after the time I did it, but, I did use it a heck of a lot when I was vaping rather than cut-down gradually.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I went cold turkey on mother's sunday two years ago this year.

Easy.

I say that because I gave up drinking about ten-twelve years ago. Drinking makes you want to smoke, and do other 'addictive' things. Look it up, especially the affect booze and tobacco has on the "nucleus accumbens". That alone will make you want to quit. As a result, I simply do not consume alcohol, with three exceptions:

1) When there is world peace.
    2) When aliens land.
    3) When warp speed is achieved and surpassed, by Scots with no external influences or privatisation(s).

And a forth, just for the sake of fantasy:

4) Human beings lose the ability to lie, or to speak figuratively, without explicitly stating they are doing either, pre or post script.

Smoking is bad, just ask your dentist.

Mine was able to divorce his ageing trophy bride and refurnish his estate after I quit and paid him a visit.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Weirdly I quit smoking at a time in my life when I was partying and drinking most days, and did so successfully lol

That was about 12-13 years ago, with the exception of a 6 month relapse about 7 years ago, that was the end of that

Hate the smell of it in houses / on people's clothes, but still like the smell if someone walks past smoking outside

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I never vaped. I smoked for 8 years and quit 9 months ago. First 5 months from april to september were really hard but now i hardly think of smoking and feel as if i never smoked. I my opinion the thing to to is go cold turkey on smoking and endure the pain, youll come out free from it all.

10. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Did you use nicotine patches or anything other replacement? I ask because I want to quit as well, gave up weed a couple of weeks ago, was smoking joints like fags but now that I've quit weed I've started smoking a lot more.

11. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I quit cold turkey for over a year about 15yrs ago. And during that time it was hell. In the back of my mind I always wanted a smoke. Even after a year smoke free. It was driving me round the bend. So my work collegue at the time bought me a ten pack, just to shut up my constant whining.
    I've tried to quit so many times over my lifetime it's obsene. I always end up back on the smokes. ..... BUT not this time God damn it!!!LOL.

Am nearly 42 and I started when I was 12.

For some it's easy and some it aint.

At the end of the day you gotta do whats right for ones self. If vapings the answer then so be it. It's a hell of a lot better than all the 1000s of the most addictive chemicals known to man in ciggeretes.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Congratulations. I'm on my 10th month quitting it now. Money saved I used to buy my PC in specs. Hardest thing for me was actually Christmas because it was kind of a tradition of mine to smoke at Christmas time. 2016 was the first Christmas I was totally sober. However, I don't drink. Never got into it, especially after my ex was an alchy.

13. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Congrats to you to! Quitting has opened up so much free time for me that I don't actually know what do with myself. Saving heaps of money as well, was spending upwards of 60 quid a week on the green stuff, sounds crazy but it felt normal when I was doing it. Just about recovering from a serious bout of insomnia too due to withdrawal. Now just need to quit smoking now and I'll be set.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Go careful vaping.
    They recently found that each time you vape, you kill the top layer of cells that come in contact with it.
    There will undoubtedly be other things they havent had chance to spot yet.

Also vapes are mini bombs.
    In the news today was a guy that needed 12 stitches to his face when one went up.

Best to go cold turkey and avoid any temptation for at least 2 weeks.

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    That's probably what I was feeling the effects of after 7 months of heavy vaping.

Another thing I nearly forgot;

I was vaping, but, was still "smoking" a few a day. To get rid of the smell I would use mouthwash. This combo led to the middle of my tongue having no tastebuds and the skin on there was so thin that it would bleed a little when brushing. That took over a year to grow back after I stopped vaping.

Some combo there caused it, make of it what you will.

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Do you know that some years back, doctors recommended tabbaco and smoking as something healthy, right?
    What we learned from this?
    I am sorry, maybe does not help, but the truth must be said.I know, i smoked for many, many years and i know for sure that smoking changes me and the way of thinking back then..in the way that i bended the rules or found justifications just to end up smoking.
    I've quit, i know that all those chemicals affected me, and after all those years i still regret not quitting smoking sooner.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I've done exactly that a few months ago, replaced smoking with vaping.

I think it's great and definitely better for you than smoking, main benefits naturally being getting rid of tar and carbon monoxide (vs. smoking). And some 4000+ other toxins...

Ofc vaping isn't risk-free either so not as good as quitting altogether but as a replacement sure.

Btw those toxic marks on the liquid vials someone mentioned refer to the nicotine. It's lethal if consumed orally, especially in that "concentrated" liquid form.

Some liquids may contain acetaldehyde or diacetyl but reputable seller sites should state which liquids contain them and which don't.
    Or at least tell if the information is known/available or not.

The newer equipment are less risky to use too than "first gen" ones which were prone to malfunction or even exploded.

Using a Innokin Endura T18 vaper myself. Usually buy Liqua Q liduids which mimick tobacco flavour.

18. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    While fully quitting is still better, I must say things have drastically improved for me as well when I switched to vaping:

• When going swimming, grabbing a big breath (before diving) no longer makes me cough
    • My home and my clothes (and probably my breath) no longer smell like ash
    • The money saved is nice

I'm still a long way away from fully quitting though. I battled depressions, etc when I was younger and I tried quitting cold turkey before, but every time I do that depression catches up with me again for some reason. I recon the nicotine high sort of works like a very efficient anti-depressant.

I use a more simple "entry-level" Aspire Nautilus, but it's intentional. I read the research about temperatures, formaldehyde, etc and I decided it would be best to keep voltages/etc in check.

20. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Anyone that thinks vaping isnt harmful, good luck.
    Nicotine is one of the ingredients, so yeah...
    And so far we haven't seen multiple studies that are showing long term effects of +10y of vaping, and are not financed by tobacco lobby...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.