Running Forza Horizon 3 6k @ 60 fps HIGH settings

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Dburgo, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

New update has improved performance insane amounts! I am running at 6k sometimes 75 fps! And 8K runs 45 almost 50 fps! Will post video for verification! Obviously 4k runs maxed up to 95 fps!

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Glad to hear that it runs better for you! You aren't talking about the tram section, are you? Also, which update are you talking about? I loaded up the game and it said 1.0.26 in the corner of the main menu. As it is, I can barely keep 1080p@60@high settings most of the time. Tram area falls apart and hits ~42 FPS causing brain melting stutter and hitching.

3. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

1.0.28.2 is the update I got. I am running 5461x2880 res over 60 fps high everything. Looks amazing with ultra color. If this game gets the HDR patch, how much more realistic could it look? FFB keeps getting better and better as well. I feel road dips and slight G everywhere from my seat to the wheel. I couldnt be happier about a forza experience on the PC!

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Are you playing this on 4K hdr tv?
    If so, what model and what's the input lag on it?

5. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

TV is an LG UF6430 web tv. Input lag is seemingly erradicated when plugged into Ultra color hdmi input, and input set to PC mode. U use hdmi 2.0 cable. Video settings on game mode. I would say its under 50ms easily which is good.
    http://*******/news/the-4k-tv-hdr-g...been-fixed-by-lg-for-some-tvs-at-least-17828/
    http://*******/tv/lg-uf6430-review-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-series-43uf6430-49uf6430-55uf6430/ this is the 49" model I use.
    Never had that problem. And the built in wifi auto updates firmware for me if it does.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Hmm I thought everything above 30ms is not acceptable.

I guess that applies only for fps games maybe?

Next year I will build myself a proper 4K platform(8c 16t) machine, but I will wait for a monitor something like 4K 144hz and HDR :D

Hopefully we will have something like that next year!

7. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Yes 30ms or less is classified as cpl level screens. But I dont have issues with fps either, and I have been a hardcore arena fragger for almost 20 years. Q3 UT which are twitch shooters you need accuracy with especially when railing and using lightning guns.. I am saying that 50 or less is considered good. And this screen would have gone right back if it wasnt. It's on sale at amazon for $500 now. 49" and HDR ready at true 4k. that can upscale as well.

8. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Well here is the video more tweaking and videos to come! Looking to try bandicam and see results as video is degraded at full screen replay.

https://youtu.be/rZRvqeMXbEU

9. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti FE SLI
    The more important question is - does this game now support SLI?

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    No, and it most likely never will. UWP app/games tend to not do SLI, but mGPU if the dev has the time and resources to put it in. Still, as far as I know FH3 doesn't and will not ever support more than 1 GPU in any way.

Important question - WHAT THE FREAK DO YOU DO WITH NEARLY 50TFLOPS OF GPU POWER?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, you have the most beastly and costly rig I have ever heard of in my life. My entire rig cost just over 1.1k in total with mouse, keyboard and monitor...........less than your CPU or 1 GPU.

11. lel, Dats nothing. I know a guy, a friend of my friend(yes sounds cheesy :) ) Who runs 4 Quadros K6000 on Pascal and dual Xeons

Which equates to 25K usd. 1K just so 4 of `em could be sold to him as these things are pretty hard to get.

6K for titans vs 25K Quadros+ he got em expedited shipping which also added additional costs much higher than for geforce gpu. You dont want to know the total sum XD

feel the difference?

12. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

My ex used to work at Digital domain in venice beach. They do the special effects for just about everything from Terminator 2 to every Micheal Bay film. The equipment is very very expensive. But not as much as the execs and artists make.

13. He runs it for work as well. 70% to 30& in favor of entertainment.

I like burgers, had a taste of White Castle`s recently and OH MAN, they are undisputedly the best burgers US got.

14. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

What?!?! Ok, have you had Fatburger, In and Out, or Five Guys yet? Hell, wendy's? Man, if you liked those lil burgers and onions, you should see the burgers these companies have. My personal fav that some people argue is not normal is a cooked to medium 1/4 lber with cheese bacon and a fried egg cooked the same. Then very fresh crisp lettuce, a couple of red onions, thousand island dressing and a lil ketchup. Mouth is drooling for one now... But Mcdonalds and wendy's still have the best french fries..

15. Pardon, I was too focused on fast food restaurants. Yes, US got great places for steaks what are nothing short of delightful.

My daily routine has been Jacks old fashion cheeseburgers(Always went with 1/2 pound burger and extra souces. yummy!), Greek Gyro and MCdonalds for dinner. Kinda forgot everything else existed until I tried Castle recently.

Will give your places a go when I will be near one. Thanks for heads up.

16. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    WTF is 6k ???

8k will come out next year,, waht is 6k ,,, unless its a games options theres no such thing

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    easily achievable with a custom resolution, just need the hardware to push it.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Update? I had no idea.

The only thing I care about is if driving in Surfers Paradise has improved? And also races with other cars? Plus the rain forest sections? Those three are the only scenarios where my FPS goes below 60 at 4K.

19. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    What monitor you using that gives you this massive resolution ???

20. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti FE SLI
    haha.. thanks!

The Uber Rig is a gaming rig. I use it to play games at 5K (my main display) and 8K (upscaled).

An example: https://youtu.be/Z_StY9ytuzk