Device ID 687F:C1 surfaces in AOTS - VEGA 10 aka RX 490 spotted ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Reqruiz

Reqruiz Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    RX 480 slaying GTX 1080? ;-)

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Funny how you can read something 2x and still read over something like that, fixed thanks :)

4. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    that's exciting, but like all leaks / rumors this should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm rooting for AMD to come back and be competitive with the likes of Intel and nVidia again! :)

5. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Fingers crossed this rumor turns out to be true and we see the RX 490 with equal to or better performance than the mighty 1080 , if the price is right you can put my name on one .....

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    If its a single core GPU thats great, however something tells me it might be a duo gpu card, the its basically a crossfire 480 performance.

How many games support crossfire/sli? Exactly. So lets see when they show it. Will be really happy if its single GPU, and finally AMD will bring something that can compete with high end Nvidia.

7. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    wait, am i missing something here? looking at the benchmark leaderboards, theres 1080 cards that are in the same fps range for that preset and 480s that have comparable scores despite being in a different performance tier (which also shows how lopsided results are in amds favour). this doesnt really show anything performance wise, beyond that theres a gpu with no official name being tested.

8. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    600-700$?

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  10. Derragon

Derragon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670/2GB
    The amount of VRAM and GPU cores really points towards this being a 2X RX470 GPU rather than it being single GPU. But we will see - I just don't see AMD having doubled the core count in a single die without some pretty serious power concerns. Will be very interesting if they pulled it off though!

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I don't find it all that unrealistic. The Fury X had 4096 stream processors, the 470 has 2048. With a significant die shrink and more refinement, there is no reason this couldn't be the 490.

12. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Plop twist, is a dual RX480 called RX 490 Fury, cause you know AMD uses AoS as his preffered hype tool.

[​IMG]

13. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    How is an 8GB card aimed at 4K if its dual GPU? (4GB+4GB) They would have to add the caveat its only for 4K in DX12 with multigpu explicit. DX11 need not apply.

Maybe if there was some magic AMD has to make a dual GPU card appear as a single video card and share resources but again that would probably be only in DX12.

This will be all new IMO.

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    The game version for this 'leaked benchmark' is 1.45. AOTS is currently using game version is 2.1.x.

15. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    NVIDIA has a 1080Ti laying on the shelf, just waiting for AMD to release to be able to clock it so that's just a tid bit faster then RX490 in most games.
    And maybe the 1090 will also be ready by then to spoil AMDs party.

I hope AMD takes the preforance crown for a while again and it regularly changes, would be good for the development speed.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Déjà vu.

1 - March 2016:

AMD joined 2 Fury X and called it PRO DUO.

2 - June 2016:

[​IMG]

When marketing shows that 2 480s used at misleading 51% (effectively one...) beat a single 1080 at 98.7% usage in a "fair" AOTS benchmark we should believe it.:stewpid:

Fast forward to the present.

3(?¿?) - December 2016:

AMD join 2 480 in a single card and call it 490.

I want to be completely wrong on 3.

17. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I can see how Nvidia is just waiting for AMD to drop that RX 490 then they will surprise the whole world with the GTX 1080ti. Seriously I personally think AMD missed this round completely due to not hitting the performance targets in a similar time to what Nvidia has hit. I mean all this time has passed and the best they can do is a card that performs similar or slightly better than the 1080??? Nvidia must be laughing at this point.
    This is just my view guys and nothing to get upset about and yes I know we still have to wait for the true results of the RX 490, but hey where there is smoke, there is fire.

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    So... you make a bold assumption that a 1080Ti will exist in the first place (yet conveniently forgets about Fury), make an even bolder assumption about the performance of the 490, make a pretty antagonistic opinion about the whole situation, and say "nothing to get upset about".

Right...

19. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Yes, exactly. Let's see how this turns out.

20. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

This better not be Vega.. It scored lower than 3 other 1080 results with a score of 8500 and which this unknown card, only scored 8400. How much more driver optimization could the card have that blows the 1080 out of the water? I am sure the 1080ti would beat that, albiet it would cost more money I suppose..:confused: