Guru3D 2016 December 5 contest - Win aCreative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR soundcard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4700 OC
    Just to make sure.... does the newsletter software work as intended? I subscribed the other day for the other contest too, never got any confirmation (not in spam mail either). Today I unsubscribed, subscribed again, still no confirmation or any other email. Is gmx.net blacklisted?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    GMX is actually blacklisting us .. so correct you cannot use GMX. Unfortunately there are a few operators / email providers that blacklist news-letters, they are one of them. Typically with gmail and outlook accounts etc you will not see any issues.

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Niiice, good luck to everyone.

5. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Thanks Santa Hilbert, it's amazing all the stuff you're giving away.

6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Just because I'm a bit confused here. I unsubbed the newsletter for the previous contest, then resubscribed. Do I need to repeat that process for this contest or can I leave it " as is " ?

7. wantobe

wantobe Member Guru

GPU:
    I wish I knew how sound card can enhance the user experience, but since I don't I'll pass on this one :) Good luck!

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For each contest please resubscribe.

9. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Well poor sound quality can really hinder the enjoyment, obviously if you've never used one you won't know any different, but quality audio makes a huge difference :)

10. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Never tried a soundcard, maybe this is my lucky day.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    GL all.

12. Jumbotron

Jumbotron Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Extreme
    Done. Thank you for these contests, and best luck to you all.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    As a Linux user, this device is nearly useless to me. But as an audio enthusiast, my brother would sure like something like this.

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you Hilbert , entered.

15. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Removed my adblocker for this site as of today, I see they aren't too obtrusive. I just hope there is going to be a contest for Corsair Rapidfire K70 Mechanical Keyboard, I need a new keyboard badly.

Good luck everyone. :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    lol you wished for a contest for a very specific keyboard, yet you didn't wish you were the winner of it.

I am a bit curious to know what the stakes are for these contests. In the comments section of articles there only appears to be around 100 total active users throughout the year, and even fewer who are daily visitors. But these contests aren't exclusive to registered users, so it makes me wonder how many more submissions there are.

17. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Super prize ,,, good luck to all :)

18. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    GL,
    but im personally staying away from CL.
    crappy drivers, that are done better by ppl writing it at home and on their own time, and i have yet to see a sub 150$ (had 5 total over past 8y) that didnt experienced the some trouble (left ch inaudible until certain volume level is reached, which makes listening to stuff at low volume pretty much impossible.

my asus dsx is now running for +2y with ZERo probs, so i know its possible to make a great card.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  19. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Well, I might not be the only one in need of one.

All I know is; my keyboard drank tea and water too many times, it's mechanical parts are probably starting to rust and no, I didn't spill it on my keyboard but other people did, ironic. I don't have the heart to tell them give me $160 and buy me a new one, it's not like any of us are rich. :)

20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    You said "them", implying it was more than one person. Ask each person to pitch in for the damage. Pitch in a little bit yourself, and that could be around $53 per person, which isn't that bad.

But, unless the drinks were acidic (which I don't think most teas are) your current keyboard should be recoverable. People get this notion that water = immediate permanent damage to electronics but that simply isn't the case, as long as they're off. Assuming your keys are removable, you should try taking off the sticky ones and try washing the whole keyboard under hot water. Don't use soap. Shake out as much of the water as you can and let the keyboard air dry for a couple days (more or less depending on how hot and dry your environment is.

I wash my computer parts under the sink all the time. Only once have I had something get damaged because I was too impatient for all the water to dry. I would not recommend washing PSUs under the sink.