Overclocking ASUS GTX 1050 TI Dual

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by karhn, Dec 4, 2016.

1. karhn

karhn Guest

Hi I am using the ASUS GTX 1050 TI Dual. I have a few noob questions to ask as it's my first time overclocking:

1. Will my CPU i5-4460 3.2GHz be a bottleneck?

2. GPU has no 6pin, will overclocking fry the pcie slot?

3. MSI Afterburner and ASUS GPUTweak both shows minimum fan speed at 51%. Is 51% too high such that the fans would wear off very quickly? It's close to silent so my only concern is the lifespan of the fans.

4. The max core clock should be capped at 1911 MHz but MSI Afterburner registered max core clock to be 1936 MHz. Is it detrimental to the GPU or is it just an inaccuracy?

Thanks in advance.

2. raken

raken Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1050 Ti 4GB
    This YouTube video says no to overclocking these cards too high without the 6pin connector.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoZe3k1Ec1g
    have a Zotac mini 1050 ti with no 6pin and have tried overclocking but experienced problems with my computer when attempting going too high so I don't recommend it. There are other YouTube videos you could check out. My 24/7 overclock is 1777 memory 1506 boost and gpu 1392 which is about the highest factory overclocked card I could find.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. karhn

karhn Guest

I overclocked mine to 1977 memory, 1491 gpu and 1592 boost. No noticable problems so far but i'm still looking out for artifacts.

4. Groot

Groot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    @karhn would you post a VBIOS backup of your Asus Dual 1050Ti or submit to GPUz database, thanks.