Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.3 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SlackerITGuy, Oct 28, 2016.

1. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That was fast

3. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Just a crashfix for Titanfall 2, I will skip.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nothing different with the atiapfxx.blb file in this driver compared to 16.10.2 so yeah new AMD Crimson Settings ("CNext") but that one seems to be on a daily build almost and a slightly newer display driver (October 25th instead of October 17th) with probably some unlisted changes and also this fix for Titanfall 2 and whatever GCN series GPU model it affected (400 series I guess?) useful if you play that game otherwise there's probably nothing too important in these drivers though yeah they do tend to do some unlisted fixing or tweaking too.

5. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3060 Ti
    Thank you.

6. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    So where's the crossfire for titanfall2?? Jokes!!

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thanks, gonna be trying it later.

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Odd timing for not to mention Skyrim SE.

I guess volumetric nvidia rays did make things difficult for AMD after all?

9. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    no mention of flickering fix for BF1 crossfire. LMAO AMD goes from strength to strength. Can't wait to leave this **** behind and get a big ass Green card that pisses all over AMD

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    nvidia's latest driver is whql and has all new games

AMD HAS NOTHING hahahaha pathetic red disaster

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    hmm?

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I wouldn't go that far. :)

Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Dishonored 2, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Civilization 6, Mafia 3, Call of Duty: Infinite warfare and Obduction are all supported by profiles.

It is missing a profile for SkyrimSE still though far as I can tell.

EDIT: No profile for Wildlands yet it seems.
    (For Honor is supported though.)

EDIT: Updated with some more recent releases I found profiles for, pretty sure Nvidia also supports most if not all of them too.
    (And as a single GPU user I can't really say how Crossfire is working or is not working, DX12 seems a bit of a "meh" so far overall but other than that it seems both AMD and Nvidia have their issues in various games.)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's always the undocumented stuff that's the best :D

Most likely it uses the exact same profile as Fallout 4.

Amazing. That GTX 970 must have really been the better choice back then, what a disaster.

(Which is the game that you actually have a problem on?)

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah, Kn00t maintained a very good overview of these profiles but I don't have the skill to dig into the actual .dll files where there's usually newer profiles before they get moved into the profile "blob" archive and there's probably other changes too but that's nothing new for either AMD or Nvidia, release notes are more of a highlight of important fixes and important known issues than a full build log or how to say over every change in said driver. :)
    (Would probably be a bit too technical anyway to post something like that rather than these summaries of major changes, fixes or improvements.)

(For one recent example from AMD they fixed a hardware acceleration graphical issue in Firefox in one of the 16.9.x drivers which was nowhere in the drivers release notes but mentioned on the Firefox bug tracker by a AMD employee confirming it had been found and fixed and then other posts below that confirming said fix working when the driver got released.)

EDIT: As for driver issues and game support well short of actual bugs or display issues the main thing is generally multi-GPU support and getting good scaling going, DX12 moving it more to the developers rather than AMD or Nvidia and their drivers seems to have a bit of a mixed result while giving the developers the ability to take advantage of these low-level API functions it is probably a lot more work thus at least for the moment multi-GPU support with DirectX 12 is lagging behind a bit even for bigger releases and some games even planned to have support for DX12 had it implemented post-release instead and then multi-GPU implemented after that which is a unfortunate delay.
    (Granted DX12 isn't going to replace DX11 just yet but with AMD focusing more on D3D12 and Vulkan the CPU overhead issue with older API's will probably not be resolved.)

Guessing once AMD and Nvidia's new GPU models start to appear and a more fully supported feature set for DirectX 12 (And Vulkan?) comes out adaption will speed up a bit further. :)
    (But it won't replace DX11 anytime soon, both are intended to co-exist at least for now and both are updated.)

EDIT: Besides game support there's also any potential issues with a new GPU model release from the Fury and it's display corruption problem to Wattman for AMD's recent 400 series, I don't have a good overview on how it is for Nvidia though. (There's the recent issue with overheating but that's a third-party model error and there's the occasional hardware issue that well a driver can help but it might need a bios update to stabilize it further.)

(The black screen problem on some of the 290 GPU models for one example or the recent bios update for some third party 1070 GPU's I think it was using a certain memory chip?)

EDIT: Anyways as for 16.10.3 I'm not noticing any issues so far, unsure which exact GCN GPU models that had that Titanfall 2 error but if 16.10.2 worked then 16.10.3 are probably going to be good too with not too much changed aside from this fix. (Nothing AMD found worth noting down in the release notes at least.)
    (Known issues are also identical to 16.10.2 thouh now with Raptr removed from the driver and AMD moving from supporting it I'm guessing that one is "resolved" of sorts aside from for those actually finding it useful and keeping it.)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    mirh likes this.
  15. Kruse

Kruse Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    So they make a hotfix release for Titanfall 2 (garbage) but not for BF1? Lame.

16. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Can confirm, Crossfire works with Fallout 4 profile, no noticeable flickering or some other 'bugs'.

17. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Let me guess, UVD clock bug is still there?!

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Give me five hours and I'll report on that. :p

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Didn't I tell you to sell off your 390X and get a GTX 960?

20. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Installed 16.10.3 so far idle bug is no present, but it's early with 16.10.1 happened the next day...and they produced few bsod's. So, so far so good but I will definitely report later.