One of my all time dreams is turning out to be a new nightmare.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NomadAssassin, Oct 27, 2016.

1. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    First of all I'm not a woman so it doesn't get to me as the worst WORST thing ever but still...
    Okay here is the thing. I've always been skinny guy, ever since earliest age. But I wasn't the average skinny guy. I wasn't and never been the bony type where you can see my bones, rib cages and stuff. I was born with extremely small bone frame, so small most women have larger wrists than me. I'm not super short I'm about 1.77cm but my chest... looking at it, it's like of a 13 years old boy and I'm 23!
    So that said my dream ever since kid was to be the fat guy! :D Yeeah that's right I've wanted to be fat. Most of my best friends were fat in school. You can guess other kids made lot of fun about us and not that anyone cared much.
    Anyway last year I was about 60kg and to point it out one more time this is skinny but since my smaller bone frame I never looked that skinny and all my bones were covered in meat. Now maybe because of few psychological traumas and bad diet plus some health issues I began to loose some shape drastically and that was year ago. This is how I came to the conclusion I should start exercising intensively. And the unthinkable happened. I've started to gain some serious weight. In a matter of 6 months I became 71KG! Great right? No instead of getting into shape I'm turning into hideous creature. Imagine Smeagol with female body who just gave birth. That's me now. I'm having a huge belly with child body that is tall 177cm! If that's me the next summer I don't think I'm going to be visiting the beaches anymore.
    Worst thing is my hands are still skinny. Yes my strength have boosted a lot and I feel incredibly powerful but I look quite literally like sack of sh#t. I don't want my Slavic genes to take over at such early age. I'm too young to turn full Slav. Don't know what to do any suggestions? I know we are all computer guys and that is not bodybuilding forum but somebody might be dealing with the same curse who knows...

I don't want to be fat/out of shape

2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I don't know how to respond to this email...

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Visit the doctors to check for a possible malfunction (regarding such fast weight increment).
    You should spend more calories than you swallow them.

4. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Oh boy, 2 years ago before i started university i was skinny as ****(still skinny) 175cm at 64kg. For the last 5 months ive gained 1.5kg and i think it all went to my belly because jesus
    f**king christ when i look down I'm starting to see my belly popping out :D. I feel like its
    due to stress, uni, job, helping colleagues and all that crap. In this tempo i think ill become
    one of those bellyfat guys that when upon looking down they can't see their junk anymore.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Guru 3-d of Random stuff. Lol.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm 6'5" about 230-235...My weight varies more than that day to day. Ha ha.

7. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    For OP's sake hope this thread won't derail in next few hours/days :)

OP, you need to learn how to control your metabolism, when you learn that 90% of job is done. Consult some professional about that, we all have different bodies and metabolisms.

Next.... Run a bit, few times per week, find a friend or a girl (some hot chick from neighburhood is more than welcome :) to keep you motivated, let her run meter or two ahead of you :D ) willing to run with you few Kilometers per day on fresh air. Gym doesn't have everything you need to stay in top shape and keep your belly under control.

Go to sleep earlier and get up earlier. Try not to eat much few hours before sleep, if you must fill your belly with simething before sleep make a bag full of popcorns in microwave like I do.

Get yourself a gf if you already don't have one, that would keep you occupied so you don't think about food, eventually some other activities involving gf's presence would keey your belly under control and that "corn beliow the hill" in top shape :D

A bit more drastic method, but in most cases 100% efficient: apply for going to army, 6 months at least, real army. Before going to army back in 80s and early 90s I think (my personal oppionion at that time, girs had the opposite opinion back then) I was not that much of a eye catching dude when I think about my exterior, 187cm and some 70-75Kg almost without a fat anywhere on my body. I admit I was not satisfied with my look at that time but couldn't gain a wait above 75Kg because of my hyper-active life backthen, fast metabolism too. March 18, 1993, went to the army, 5 months and few days later my first visit to home and I was completely different man, not boy but man, 85Kg of pure muscles and body in top-shape: hyper-intensive training, eat time and bed time always in same time... In army I've learned how to controll my metabolism and till this day I still know how to to that. Sadly but army here is not what it used to be 20, 25 and more years ago. Would love for both of my sons to go to army for at least 6 months but when I heard the stories what army has become in past 15 years here I don't want them to waste their time there.

What do you mean by Slavic genes, ffs you said that like we're some kind of "faulty product"!? Take back those words or I'm gonna post few pics of my muscular hairy body here :D so that everyone could see that everything is where it should be propper sized besause I'm Slavic too, Ukrainian to be precise, iirc you're half Russian, but don't tell me something is wrong with us Slavic in therms of physical constitution because it's not! But maybe you carry few bad genes from your mother's side of family, I don't know. Now take back those words, take em back! :D

On a serious note, I'm 42, thank God still 187cm and some 90Kg of weght, just a tiny-tiny layer of fat around my belly to warm my stomach musscles over the winter and my lady also like that tiny bit of fat above my ass, but when summer comes that fat is gone and I don't do anything special to loose it. Last year my friends from high school class we had a 23 years of anniversary, more than few comments from from few friends I haven't saw for 10, 15 years was something like: fck dude, I new you invented time-machine :) ...and it said a lot. I don't go to gym for years, for body and mind excercise I've made myself three kids :D so that they could keep me "excersised" after the job and by weekend days. OK, my lady also keeps me fit but I already said too much about "those activities" in other threads here at G3D so I don't have a need to repeat myself :D My nick here, that my best man had gave me 1/4 century ago, said a lot about my habbits in late night hours hahaha

Fcking hell dude, it's 2am here, lady's gonna kill me!! Had to go now, I have some scheduled maintenace :D Once more before I go: learn how to controll your metabolism, metabolism, metabolism...

edit... I'm back, she sleeps like a baby :D
    Few more "wise words" about the belly from my best man who does't mind about his belly: "...best corns grow under the hill..." :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  8. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    Well the OP made me feel a lot better about myself, I can come of the Prozac now and get my whole life back on track, Thanks OP you've fixed whats taken the doctors twenty years with me in one post ! :) sorry could help myself ...

But really, try doing long sessions of cardiovascular gym wok, rather than heavy lifting, use a good quality cross train on the highest setting you can do for as long as you can.

other than that ? do you drink a lot of alcohol ? swollen belly can be a sign of stomach problems something to do with certain enzymes leaking in gut? or something along them lines ..

9. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    I rarely drink. Almost never.

10. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Nothing wrong with exercising and keeping fit at all, but you're doing it because you're caught up with how other people see you. As you start getting older you stop giving a crap what other people think of you - the sooner you accept yourself for you, the happier you'll be because that in itself gives you extra confidence and other people will notice it.

Oh and stay off social media, that crap is nothing but a popularity contest. In other words, do stuff in life that makes you happy and stop caring so much what other people think.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ what he said.

I was similar to you OP, pretty skinny (177 cm / 70 kg) until around 24-25 years. I did exercise too but started gaining mass naturally as well at some point.

Now I'm 90+ kg and couldn't be happier (and it's definitely not all muscle). Ofc if you're worried all you gain from training is a bigger waist then worth checking out that nothing's wrong.

Also any exercise is worthless if your diet doesn't supplement it. Maybe you're eating too much to try and gain mass faster or something?
    Because exercise alone will not make you larger around the waist, it's something/how you eat.

12. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Yep, was 40-50kg as a teenage boy and 189cm, so I did some weight training for a while. Now it's around 105kg with fluctuations, not all of it is fat but part of it, oh f*ck it at least it keeps me warm :D

13. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    My advice is to just not worry about your appearance so much. I'm thin also, and probably similar to you. Be thankful you have no major problems(I hope), like serious injury and so on. Things that may stop you from doing things you enjoy.

Best thing to do is stay healthy, eat right, and get some exercise regularly. You might want to consider lifting some weights or some basic body weight exercises, no need for anything crazy. I gain muscle mass pretty easy and you probably would too.

I've been through feelings like what you are experiencing, I'm late 30's now and it does improve as you age, liking yourself as you are I mean. You begin to realise a few things, like what I mentioned above. :)

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Or you do it because you want to be healthy.

You shouldn't ignore your big stomach because you don't care what anyone else thinks.

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    he's correct, the older ya get the more you realise it's mostly vanity nothing wrong with with keeping ya self in shape and we would all love to have that perfect body, most of the time it's about how you feel about yourself, I'm at the age where I couldn't give a flying f%ck what people thought of me, more important things to worry about.

long sessions on a good Crosstrainer will burn the cal's off while building your stamina.

mix your training one session cardio workout next session lifting workouts.

keep an eye on what carb's you eat and plenty of protein, also not to much fat.

have an regular diet set out for everyday workout carb's,fat and cal's of each meal, fiber will also be important to your build up diet, make sure you drink plenty of water.

use a good quality creatine as part of your diet.

if after 6 week's of sticking to the workout and diet and your seeing no change then I would speak to a doctor, although with that being said, it could just be the way your meant to be.

stick to the diet

if it's any Consolation, i was dragged off with a knife to my throat (into the woods) when i was 5 years old, strangled by my step father at the age of 10, regularly beaten as a child, left home as soon as i was older enough, long and short of it, lost everything including home, spent 6 years homeless, dropped to 60KG, then found out i was only born with 1 kidney, stayed at an friends house (while homeless) which got burgled while i was staying there, was attacked by 4 masked blokes with knife and metal bars end up with 9 staples in my head, cracked ribs and massive hematoma's on my legs from where i kept trying to get up off the floor, so they smashed my legs with metal bars to keep me down, we all have had problems.

but you have to stay strong, think yourself lucky your young and still have your health.

16. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Wow guys thank you all so much! You have boosted my confidence!

17. dom38fr

dom38fr Guest

GPU:
    none
    When I read this kind of story I really feel I don't have a life.. I mean.. nothing happened and is happening .. o_O empty as hell