Gear VR - Best apps / games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Extraordinary, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The gf bought me one of the original black & white Gear VR headset for my S7, was in VR for about 9 hours yesterday, really good IMO

People who already own it, what are some of the 'Must Have' games and apps?

Paid & Free

GrooVR is one of my favourites so far for music with the 'Mission 9' experience setting

2. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I have a bog standard VR headset. And I usually go for horror more than anything. The rollercoasters are pretty cool.
    I love it.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    With the S7?

Yea I found one rollercoaster that was game style, rendered, but the rest all seem to be 360 videos that I've found up to now (Free anyway)

Found one from VRJam competition called VR Coaster, but can't get it to run

Definitely need a controller, so I can play things like Minecraft VR, I can imagine that being pretty cool in VR

4. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    No I got a LG G5.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah right cool, nice phone, good camera from what I've seen

6. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Cheers mate. Yeah the wide angle lens comes in handy.

7. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    I got one for 59.99 on amazon for my Galaxy S6. Its seems really cool, had to get dirty with it to make it not launch oculus when plugged in so i can use cardboard apps. I really am trying some apps like Rift Cat. I will say that the phone gets crazy hot, runs down fast. And unfortunately i have HORRIBLE eyes sight, legally blind without glasses bad. So ive got a prescription of -11 in the right eye and -10.5 in my left. Too flat for lasik and too shallow of a chamber depth for implantable contact lenses. And im only 23. My eyesight even with glasses is **** (mostly why i like high refresh rate monitors since my vision is mostly movement based). And, of course, the lowest zoom is JUST short of me seeing clearly, so i have to smash it up against my face and the lenses are weird where there is a TINY ****ing spot you look through and the rest of the lens is blurry as ****.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I think I read you can freeze the Gear VR service with Package Disabler Pro or similar, and then you can use cardboard apps without it launching Oculus home (no root needed for package disabler)

I haven't tried but couldn't you wear glasses along with the Gear to get that extra bit of focus?

9. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Minecraft VR for the phone!! Wow sounds awesome lol. My kids will love that.