780ti MSI AB OC

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by xodius80, Oct 26, 2016.

1. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hey guys, i want to start overclocking a bit my 780ti, i got to mod the bios and i am using the skyn3t version for it. (witch unlocks power limit to 200%, and defaults the card at 1045mhz at core and 3500mhz at mem).

Is a msi 780titwin forz gaming OC Edition, id like to be able to take control of the voltage, ive had success with the precision x software but i dislike it over AB, yet in AB i cant manage to unlock the voltage reading and control.

Any tips? Thanks!

2. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i move the core voltage sliders, but it does nothing. Even if i get it to max 100+

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The only thing I can think of would be if the bios mod makes it so the GPU is unrecognized in Afterburners internal GPU database and that's why ticking the checkboxes for unlocking voltage adjustment and monitoring aren't working, you did tick that in Afterburner itself first right?
    (I guess it would depend on how much it changes in said bios come to think of it.)

Also the new "V4" skins allow for directly showing voltage along with the core clock speed. :)

Well I guess Unwinder can provide a better answer than what I could whereas these are mostly suggestions.

EDIT: Well it can't be bios, that should be compatible.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1438886/official-nvidia-gtx-780-ti-owners-club

Could be that you have to test with the standard msi, extended msi and third party options for voltage unlock.

EDIT: Also found this guide on over volting the 780, 780ti and Titan.
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18545210
    (I probably wouldn't do that but it seems the Skyn3t bios you flashed the GPU with already has some of these adjustments.)
    (EDIT: Also seems they're using "Skyn3t" in that guide after reading a bit more of it.)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I don't think that I can provide anything but RTFM, sorry.

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    don't fret. Someone here will come up with something! Thanks for the wonderful tool.

6. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    thanks for the input, will make some coffee to read all that! cheers,

i do think is has something to do with the modded bios.

I tried the NCP4206 voltage controller (witch is the controler on this card acording to techpowerup) override but still no avail.

7. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    @xodius80

Did you have any luck?

I've always used the separate EVGA Voltage Tuner that comes bundled with the old Precision 4.2.1, set the voltage on that and it sticks then use Afterburner to set the frequency.

I also have the Skyn3t VBIOS.

8. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    THANK GABEN FOR THESE FORUMS! hah thanks man. ima try that out, no luck with ab voltage!

9. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    WOOT using the Precision 4.2.1 Voltage stand alone Tweaker works like a charm!, its good to have competition, imagine if we only had AB as the only Option!

Now i can use both for my needs.

Thanks to everyone!

10. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Hey no problem bud, glad we could help. Good luck with the overclocking.