Abysmal Civilization VI performance on AMD hardware

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Romulus_ut3, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The title says it all. Techpowerup and Overclock3d.net did PC performance reviews for the game, and AMD's offerings fell short by a huge margin compared to their nvidia counterparts. Hopefully, with some user input, we'll be able to draw enough attention from AMD to push a fix?

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I dont think so, maybe in the next driver will get some perfomance boost, but dont expect miracles.

3. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    I doubt AMD will waste time optimizing DX11 version when they are working on DX12 with async compute.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    That's odd. The review by Gamegpu shows AMD almost on par with nVidia hardware.

[​IMG]

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The performance is actually fine when I play the game. Just disable the MSAA (I'm injecting SMAA), and the game runs as smoothly as Beyond Earth for me. It's also an AMD title so the DX12 patch should follow soon, but the game runs fine.

6. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I upgraded to the newest drivers and tried the new benchmarks in DX11 and DX12.
    With DX12 my frametime improved by about 5% (graphic benchmark), turn time improved by about 1.5% (AI benchmark).