R9 380 No display,Black screen issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bankabilla, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Bankabilla

Bankabilla Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600GT 512 MB
    I have Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 (R9380WF2OC-2GD), which i bought about 1.5 years ago. I never had any issue with GPU whatsoever and things ran smoothly.Howeber 2-3 days ago my system just shut down and wouldn't boot.Monitor didn't detect any video signal.My system was idle when it shut down. System starts with integrated graphics or with my older 9600GT.But with R9 380 doesn't boot.System starts,everything is ON,even fans on GPU are spinning but no boot or display on monitor.I haven't updated any BIOS of either Mobo or GPU.Just kept updated graphic drivers except this last update of Catalyst drivers.Can someone help me with this problem that what is wrong with my GPU and how to solve it.

My system specs are:
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus Ranger Vii
    Processor: Intel i5-4590
    RAM: Kingston Hyper-X 8GB
    GPU:GigaByte Radeon R9 380 2 GB
    Monitor: HP Elitedisplay E221
    PSU: Xigmatek Tauro 700W 80 Plus Bornze

2. Bankabilla

Bankabilla Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600GT 512 MB
    any help guys?

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    1) First of all check your PSU.
    2) DDU and install 16.10.2 - I dont have this problem on my 380!
    3) Update your Motherboard BIOS
    4) Disable iGPU (IntelGPU)

4. ifixit

ifixit Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x > n dead 290x
    Try the card also in another PC, just in case something happened to your power supply and it's now to weak to fire up the 380. Also this would tell you if the cards stuffed or not?

Do you get any beeps with the card in as well, as it does not display anything?

that would indicate to some extent a hardware failure. Pull card out, you must have to try the 9600 and you reseated card..if it is not making a display perhaps PSU, and PCIe power leads? IDNK PSU or card IMHO

Check your warranty and contact manufacturer.