Rail worker saves drunk cyclists life

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Lucky guy

2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    holy ****

3. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Boy that was damn close :crapper:

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just been reading that some people say it's faked, there is a shadow of the rail worker as he runs across the tracks in the sun on the left, but when the train goes past, there is no shadow from the train in the same place

5. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Holy **** that was intense.

6. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    Yeah, at 29-30 seconds you can clear see a bad edit/jump cut as well, just watch the trees in the bottom right it's like bad stop motion.

7. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Christ alive!

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    This look's like something from railway safety video, they would show similar video's when you went for training or to get your railway card's updated after they had expired, but the train does look cgi.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The trains real, you can see where its passing interacts with not only the power cables above the train but the effect it has on the trees as it passes. In saying that their is something not quite right, the split second before the train reaches the guy their is some sort of frame skip and it doesn't matter where you look on the video you can see that it skips, something weird is going on there.

The train does cast a shadow just in a different spot, I am guessing because it's on the track. Look at the other four workers, they all pass or end up at the same spot but all of them cast different shadows based on how far up the rail embankment they are.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If it is faked, it's likely done with the same track, camera angle etc, and then merged the train passing footage with the guys on the line to make a single video

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    When you pause the video it looks very much like a Northern Rail Class 319s which had those pink doors, but pause the video and look at all the passenger windows, the air vent windows at the top can all be seen quite clearly, but all the passagner windows seem to have been blurred out of the picture, looks very strange, but not as strange as the where the trains three foot of wheelbase went to, look's like the train is gliding along on the carriages, i don't think i have ever seen a train so low you can step onto it from the six foot. lol

[​IMG]

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Hmmm, I still debate that, the angle the footage is being filmed on the train's height looks fine and because the carriages overhang the wheel base you wouldn't be able to see the wheels anyway, inspite of all that how do you explain the trees and the power lines moving in time with the train passing?

No matter check out the right hand side of track at around 31 seconds, notice the guy who suddenly just fades in out of nowhere on the very edge of the track?

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Just something off totally about that whole thing, some things in focus, some out, you can also see the trains pilot and the left side of the pilot and right next to that would be the first wheel, but nothing....and of course no driver, i would expect you to be able to see the driver who at this stage would be going ballistic in prospect of hitting somebody on the track, or at least the hi vis vest, but nothing, just darkness in that cab, must have been the same driver as the one in the 70's horror movie about the Devil car that nobody could see in.

All very weird looking when you see it in that perspective.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  14. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Very fishy as there is no Class 319 with that livery.

Purple doors on the side are common with First Capital Connect as shown in your picture XP-200.

But notice how there is are also white squares. The only company with such a livery is First group:

FCC First Group - First Urban Lines - Graduated Blue with Pink, Purple, White & Blue blocks on lower bodysides. Pink doors.

This livery no longer exists, let alone ever exist on a class 319.

The shadow of the workers gives an indication of the suns location, from this there is no reason a much larger object should not project a shadow, hence the train.

Lastly why is there a camera there what is its purpose?

The quality of the image from what the guy drops in the 4ft to the quality of the image on top of the train, ie the pan, is too inconsistent.

I am edging towards the video being fake.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am also wondering why the place where the guy crosses is different from the place were the railway guys come in, usually everybody will use the same well trodden place to get across the track, be it Joe public or railway workers, that right in front of the camera seems very convenient, if i were sitting with my tin foil hat on, which i am. lol