nexus5x connection problems.

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by cookiebun, Oct 20, 2016.

1. cookiebun

cookiebun Guest

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X
    Hi I have a nexus 5x and have a 76mb fibre connection in my house but the phone keeps connecting to 4g and it is not easy to change to my fibre, my wife has the same phone and
    hers doesn't try to connect to 4g in the house, any ideas.

2. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    First thoughts would be to reset network settings ONLY then re-apply the network connection see if that solves the issue.

Are you both on the same version/security release etc?

Last resort would be a factory reset to rule out hardware issues on your phone.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. cookiebun

cookiebun Guest

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X
    Thanks I will have a look, and yes both phones got the last update at the same time.
    Regards.

5. Madeleine

Madeleine Guest

Hi,
    I have also lg nexus 5x and sometimes have this problem.
    I couldn't find anything to configure in the settings area.
    If you did fix the problem please let me know how.
    Thank you in advance.

6. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    i dont got a nexus but like Extraordinary said there is usually some stupid app that switches radios like Izat/Smart Network Switch so look for it in wifi settings/location. its there since ics/kk for sure... had it on my lg device removed it. you can also put your phone in airplane mode and turn on wifi as a temp solution.

its funny i was using my moms samsung note 3 phone chrismas shoppin and it was pissin me off so bad because it trys to connect to open wifi networks while moving in the car which im sure eats her battery and also gives you 404's. its fail ass software. managing your own radios will give you the best battery/performance and most secure experience. for example, you can adjust the tx power for the diameter of your home. ive gone as low a 7dbm vs 24dbm stock still worked in front yard and i wasnt pinging/interfering with my neighbors ap.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol yea, my S7 suddenly had no internet connection while I was out shopping the other day, looked up at the top of the screen where the 4G icon usually is, and it was connected to the shopping centres open wifi... which had no internet connection lol

There is a setting in WiFi settings somewhere that lets you disable the 'Connect to open networks' iirc

8. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    my issues is they always have that **** on from factory which for most plebs leave the system unsecured. its like telling someone to drive but they dont know about the break pedal. highly unlikely but meh. ha ha.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016