nvidia inspector settings not saved

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Thunderbolt8, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    I have a laptop with optimus support (GTX 760M) and Ive recently updated to NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.7.7 (from 1.9.7.3) and to drivers version 372.90. since then, whenever I tell media player classic to use the NVIDIA card that setting does not get saved by nvidia inspector and has to be redone after every start of windows again (the setting "enable application for optimus" set to SHIM_RENDERING_MODE_ENABLE (0x0...1))

this used to be different before I upgraded, I only had to set this once after I installed new drivers and then it kept working. I cant find the old nvidia inspector version any more so I cannot downgrade and check whether the new version is to blame.

does anyone know what is at fault here?

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Download the latest build from the link in the Inspector thread.
    1.9.7.7 is very old and out dated.

3. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    1.9.7.7 is the latest build of Inspector (not Profile Inspector). But it includes Profile Inspector 2.13 which is almost the newest.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yes, but the setting he is referring to is inside NPI (Or old NI).
    So you can see my confusion. I haven't paid attention to releases for the updated regular NI.

5. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    You sure about that?

[​IMG]

6. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    so I did download the new version back then (afaik 1.9.7.6) and it was fine. but a few days ago it behaved again like mentioned in the OP even though I didnt change anything, no new graphic drivers etc.

I updated to 1.9.7.8, but that did not help. I also updated my drivers as well now to 376.19 and 376.33 but still no change. now its acting up the same way after hibernation and sometimes as well just after having closed MPC-HC and reopening it again. wtf?

7. K4m1k4z3

K4m1k4z3 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GT 640M
    I believe the problem lies with nVidia. Check your Task Scheduler. There are a couple tasks set up to launch at a log on/daily. Some of them are related to nVidia profiles (NVIDIA Profile Updater). Others are telemetry/crash reports related. I've also struggled with this issue and disabling those nVidia tasks seems to have fixed it for me. It seems those tasks kept overwriting some of the changes made in nVidia Profile Inspector.

Also you can find latest version(s) of nV Profile Inspector here:
    Code:
    https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/history

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017