Windows 10 error 0x80073d0b

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by heroxoot, Oct 8, 2016.

1. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    So I get this error trying to move Killer Instinct and Forza Horizon 3 to my other HDD. I realized they are all installing on the system rather than the secondary HDD. I cannot redownload them either as they are large games and I have badnwidth caps. Any advice to solve this would be lovely.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    try resetting the store so you can choose where you want your games installed again.

Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog. Type WSReset.exe, and click OK.

The store might open in the background, and also CMD will open too. Once these close the store has been reset.

You will need to sign back in also.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had this error too but it seems to have been fixed since Windows 10 v1607 updated to build 14393.222 (Cumulative Update KB3194496). I have been able to successfully move Halo 5 Forge from my C drive, where it installed by default, and move Forza Horizon 3 from my H drive to C.

You can download the update manually from here if needed: http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10...b3194496-windows-10-pc-build-14393-222-a.html

Newer build 14393.223 here: http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10...b3197356-windows-10-pc-build-14393-223-a.html (fixes an issue with Edge not loading some sites in build 14393.222).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I already have this update according to my installed updates. I also tried the other one and no dice, same error.

Well I've already set my installed apps to my D drive now, but they still won't move in the apps and features.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ hexoroot - Another issue I encountered since updating from Windows 10 v1511 to v1607 is that it doesn't like file compression on the WindowsApps folder. I had to disable file compression on my H drive, where I install all larger (30+ GB) Store games that I don't want on my SSD, otherwise the apps/games on there would fail to update plus I was unable to install or move apps/games from C to H.

6. scan72

scan72 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 4Gb
    Hi,
    do You mean the option in the disk property? Because I've everything turned off and I still have the error after some mbyte of download :(

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I meant the File Properties option for disk compression. Microsoft may have fixed it now but I spent almost three months trying to identify the issue until I stumbled across a response from someone on a post I'd made on a Microsoft Community support forum about it...

... and it worked; I haven't had the issue since although Windows still trips up occasionally when moving larger games from one drive to another, for example, I moved Forza Horizon from H to C and it actually gave me the 0x80073d0b error but the game had actually been moved apart from what looked like the save data. So I just reset the game from the Settings > System > Apps & Features menu and let my Microsoft account resync the data with the server when I ran the game. It has been working fine with no issues so it appears that error was a glitch.

I've since moved Halo 5: Forge from C to H without issue.

8. scan72

scan72 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 4Gb
    I don't find option to resynchronize the microsoft account and in apps/features games are uninstalled.
    I can't install anything on H because after few mb appears the error 0x80073CF9 :(

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  9. scan72

scan72 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 4Gb
    Problem solved!! the anniversary update had changed the value of a parameter in the system registry:
    NtfsDisableEncryption... set to 0 corrects the error :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! :D :D :D (Sorry for caps)

That fixed the Windows 10 store app move error to a different partition (0x80073d0b) but it also fixed the windows 10 Store app install error in a non-C partition (0x80073CF9).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was suffering both of them and now it's fixed!.

After reading your post i googled for "NtfsDisableEncryption windows error move app" and i found a very good explanation of this problem solution for and the two points to fix if needed:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm561254_Error-Code-0x80073CF9.aspx#post_561254

Now i can install apps from Windows 10 store in any partition and move them to any partition.!