First GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Benchmarks Leak Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Somewhere in the Asia region somebody has a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti in his or her PC, and a working driver as well as it seems as some performance numbers have revealed itself on the web....

First GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Benchmarks Leak Online

2. Xionor

Xionor Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560Ti 1GB
    That's pretty impressive.
    It's almost as fast as a 290 which has an average power consumption of 250 Watt according to the Guru3D tests from a while ago.

It's basically delivering same performance with 3 times less power. Pretty neat.

3. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    So how 1050 Ti was created? Everyone know, that to cut production cost of failures, they sell the same graphic core with locked block where is failure... You can just look for transistor count - 1070 is failed version of 1080, 1080 Ti is failed version of Titan, 1060 3GB is failed version of 1060 6GB, but 1050 Ti? It looks like unlocked version of 1050.... or 1050 if failed version of 1060? Then 1050 Ti is less failure of failure?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Seems Nvidia is overshooting their target here... When it was new, the 750 Ti was one of the best GPUs ever made in terms of performance-per-watt. The way I see it, the 1050 Ti should be attempting to replace it as an energy efficient yet capable GPU, but it consumes an extra 15W of power. Sure, it's pretty efficient compared to the 1060, but Pascal isn't some minor bump up from Maxwell. They could have kept most of the specs exactly the same as the 750 Ti and it still would have been a much better GPU.

5. Xionor

Xionor Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560Ti 1GB
    Yes, that is how CPU/GPU/Memory production has worked for the past decade or more... What is your point?

6. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    My point is that failures of failures still are overpriced... And they marketing it like a new graphic card as they intend create it, but it was created from failure... and they named it "Ti", for me Ti always was exclusive product, not failure of failure...

7. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    the only failure I see here is the way you think... "Ti is for exclusive products" jesus christ :bang:

There have been "Ti"s at least since the 5xx series (560ti), nothing exclusive there.

8. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Didnt know that, in my country always we had ti version only of strongest version (is not Ti stand for Titanium?)

OK. From today "Ti" will stand for "Terrible Incomplete" for me

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Ti does stand for Titanium, but as far as I'm aware, the "Ti" naming is just a marketing gimmick. It's basically Nvidia's way of releasing more products throughout the year(s) between generations. The 1050 Ti is effectively just a "1055", but Ti sounds like it's more of an upgrade or exclusive. I'm not entirely sure if this affects price point or not; I haven't really looked into it. I'm sure it does though, considering the Titan GPUs are some of the worst-valued PC products available.

10. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    If it can't beat the GTX 970 then it is a steaming pile of dog turd. End of.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You make no logical sense with this statement. You want a $150 card to beat last years $400 card and if it doesn't it sucks.

All it has to best in the 960 which it looks like it does.

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Shhh don't feed the trolls...

13. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Well 3D Mark 11 is kinda useless to compare performance, I mean the 780TI shows great score and all, but in latest games struggle to beat the 380X which has a much worse score.

I will rather wait for proper review from GURU3D and other sites...

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You'll want to compare it with the same arch. to get the right idea how it stacks. And compared with GTX 1060 it seems to be a huge downgrade performance wise.

Nvidia has been undercutting mid-low range for quite some time. 1060 seems to be a bit of an exception. And likewise 750/ti had been great at what they offered at the time.The rest of it.. mediocre at best

15. Xionor

Xionor Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560Ti 1GB
    No I don't want to compare it with the same arch. I'm looking at it as an independent piece of technology.
    I'm comparing and being impressed by how much performance-per-watt has increased since the 290 generation. Learn to appreciate the small things in life.

16. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    So this is getting only five hundred more points than an overclocked 950 in 3dmark?. Wow, and people will defend this somehow.

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Over 960, not 950 brother.

18. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    But 950 around 1500mhz is a bit faster than reference 960.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The clocks on this card are very conservative for a Pascal.

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You need to compare reference with reference and tweaked with tweaked. If you feel you should quantify a 950 with 1500 MHz tweak you should also take a 1050 Ti at 2 GHz in mind.