Titanfall 2 PC System Requirements and Graphics Settings Published

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Kyrat

Kyrat Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
    Ultra 4K60? No problem. :p

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Nice, always wanted to try the first one but don't like consoles, now i can see what the fuss is about, releasing the optional info about video settings is like the devs saying "hey look pc gamers, we care about you now, we know you like upping the sliders and checkng boxes in the display settings and whatnot" .

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Is this a new cpu from Intel? :D

Intel Core i3-3600t

5. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Yeah first one was a bit of a let down unfortunately. We also like dedicated player run servers, wait I don't see dedicated servers with server browser in the min specs? Shouldn't that be there? Guess they didn't listen to the community for the first game bummerrrrr oO

6. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    "look everyone I have a gtx 1080"

7. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Look everyone! I got one too! :banana:

Scratch that! Actually I got 2 now! fml

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Poorly optimized once again. This looks worse than the new COD, i fail to see why it needs whats it asking for.

9. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Ummm..... :bang:

The first game was also on PC. Not sure what you missed. there wasn't much fuss except the usual hype then the game faded into oblivion a few months after launch. It's fun for the first 10 hours maybe, but very repetitive

We?

I don't, nor do a lot of gamers. Player servers end up being a cluster **** and excluding a large majority of players, or making it hard to join due to passwords or just making it plain uneven due to silly settings. Official servers are always the way to go for games like this IMO

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Honestly I don't even like server browsers in general. I guess having the option is OK, but games that forego match making for a browser, or put match making into the back seat - meh.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Huh?

MM is the worst thing to have happened to mp gaming.

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Initial feedback doesn't look good. Scanner Barkly ripped it a new one, essentially saying it was just another CoD clone now.

Nice paycheck for the devs though. That Ferrari looks cool :) Nice to see they are 'sticking to their guns' and ignoring everything about the first game in favour of lining their pockets, lol.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I disagree.

I get home and I have 3-4 friends I play with. I hope on, invite them, a minute and 30 seconds later we are all in a game, on the same team and the teams are evenly matched in terms of skill and group layout. Back in the CS and old Battlefield/MW days - it took twice that time just to find a server with enough open slots - then you had to spend time getting everyone on the same team only to have the next map just completely split the team apart again.

In games like CS, where it's highly competitive, getting scrims and stuff was usually just one sided garbage. UT4 for example, I spent so much time arguing on Epic's forums during the early Alpha stages about how critical it is they spend time getting a working MM up. Brizz and all the other UT99 people stuck in 1999 game design land all argued for browsers. I can't tell you how many people I know that won't even play the free alpha because of how crappy the server browser is. Coupled that with the fact that the game is just a poorly designed in general and its like impossible to find people to play with.

To be fair, newer browser systems kind of fix some of these issues, like newer Battlefield games keep your friends together on the same team/squad and stuff or offer a mix a both MM/Browser - other then balance issues in competitive games. Like CS:GO for example offers a great mix of both. But if the choice MM or Browser I'll take MM any day of the week. It's just so much easier to hop in, play a few games and get out without having to deal with any of the crap that comes with custom servers and the browser and stuff.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Browsers are a nice addition, but automated skill-based matchmaking is a must for any modern competitive multiplayer game.

15. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    "Fully remappable key bindings" - Wow, is this new technology? Times have changed.

Me personally, I don't care if a game feels similar to another as long as I am having fun. Having a good time is what matters to me most of all when it comes to gaming.

16. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Who would want to play a mp fps at 60hz lol

17. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Agreed mm have never worked in any game fact.....

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Wheres if you go load MW1 on pc, jump into a server of choice or make your own, you can be playing even in less the amount of time and completely on your terms.

Also, go tell players of SWBF how awesome MM is.

But hey, whatever does it for ya man. Long as you're having fun. But good luck getting through to the peps on UT forums.

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah but you never know what you're going to get with that. I played CS 1.6/Source at a fairly high level. Unless I spent a few hours in IRC setting up scrims with the limited number of people willing to do that, I was in a dedicated server with a 20:1 KDR. Which isn't really fun for me, nor is it for the other people playing.

I think the issue is that there is a separation between the people willing to play games more casually and someone like me who plays them competitively. I'm the type of person that plays Overwatch on the lowest graphic settings, despite having a 1080, because I feel the added visual clutter negatively impacts my play. When I play games like Siege/SC2/Overwatch/Dota2/Rocket League/etc - I'm looking to play ranked matches where I'm paired with people generally on my skill level, against people generally on my skill level. I don't want to have a server browser where I have no clue what I'm getting into. In game like Battlefield though, where I care a lot less about ranks and stuff, I feel like a server browser is fine - especially like said with the newer ones, it keeps friends on the same squads and stuff.

As for SWBF, that game was doomed regardless to what type of multiplayer interface it had. It's just a bad game. UT4 is honestly probably dead. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they end up just scrapping it or something. The game was hijacked early on by UT99 fans that just want UT99 with better graphics. Which is a cool idea in theory, until you realize that game design continued progressing after 2000. Deathmatch and CTF just get extremely boring when there is no added depth to the mechanics outside of being able to aim and basic positioning/pickup timers. In fact even the UT99 guys are starting to quit it with excuses about the netcode and whatnot. There is just nothing interesting about it at all.

20. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT

Oh my mistake then, i was so sure it was only on consoles for some reason that i completetly erased all interest for it and never bothered to do more research. Well i'll wait for reviews and won't rush to buy it then. Probably not much will change but we'll see.