EVGA Hybrid or Titan X failed ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jura11, Sep 21, 2016.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi guys

My EVGA Hybrid AIO failed too today,I just can't believe this could happen to me :mad:

I'm not sure what has happen,at morning I wake up and saw 60C on my Titan X,tried quick benchmark and temps shoot up to 91C within minute,I didn't hear the pump,although pump has been quiet and hot and didn't vibrated as usually that pump is vibrating,both hoses has been stone cold too and stock fan went to 100%

Then I removed AIO fitted stock cooler and temps still are not the best at all,my temps under heavy load are in 80's and in rendering that's just pointless as clocks start to drop to lower clocks

I will try play game,but looks like Titan X failed or EVGA AIO failed,thermal paste I've used Kryonaut on the GPU and those temps doesn't looks good at all,I almost forgot what temps I've previously on air on GPU as I've used EVGA Hybrid AIO for longer time:rolleyes:

Right now idle temps on GPU are in 36-40C with idle clocks 135MHz/405MHz and in Heaven benchmark my temps shoot up to 84-85C with 60% fan profile and fan is loud :mad:

I've put RMA,but not sure what is failed,GPU or Hybrid AIO

What I know when I removed GPU from PC,on backplate I saw like one of pad from GPU backplate has been molten ?! What is very strange too

Thanks,Jura

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm, another AIO that's troublesome on the Titan. Do you have any pics from that pad being molten or something?

As you said yourself, if the AIO remains cool even during loads, but the CPU does not, I guess it's a problem with the cooler, not the card itself. I have no experience with AIO watercooling, but to me it sounds like your AIO's pump died on you.

3. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    F-word i hope mine doesn't start leaking to i just rebuild my 1080 to Evga hybrid aio.I hope you get everything sorted out!

Good Luck Jura11

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    And this is why you don't buy AIOs.

Very small and very cheap pumps.

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Well **** me sideways.I've had 4 of them now and they all still work.User error as usual.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Yes agree,another AIO which has died on me,replaced AIO with stock cooler and idle temps are in 36C at ambient temp 21C which is a lot,I can't run any benchmark as GPU will start to throttle to 1126MHz and temps are high 83-85C after 2-3 minutes

Replaced 4 times TIM first time I've used pea method and last time I've used spread method,with same results

Browsing the picture on HDD,temps are close to 70C

Sadly I don't have picture of molten pad,but this I found close to PCI socket/connector,took out GPU and checked MB if is OK,but looks like MB is OK no damage,removed too backplate for now as I don't want to risk it again

Hopefully is only AIO and hopefully RMA will sort this,but looks like I will be going with air cooler like is Arctic or something very similar as I don't trust anymore AIO kits

Thanks,Jura

Thanks there,filled RMA and hopefully they will sort this for me,but I will be going with air cooler

In my case this pump didn't leaked,just stopped working on my PC,wake up morning and saw temps,tried several times to test etc but still nothing is quiet which means is dead

In yours case,you will see,hopefully you will have more luck I've in those days,lost one AIO previously and now I've lost another,can't believe

Many people have those Hybrid kits and no issues at all,those kits have failure rate just check EVGA forum,but hopefully yours will be OK

Thanks,Jura

Yup agree there,learned hard way there,but still I didn't learned enough,when my first AIO failed and now this

Thanks,Jura

7. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    i had custom watercooling from 2001 until 2009 when i discovered a leak on my brand New x58 System.I instantly went back to aircooling.In 2011 i took the "Safe"risk with a corsair h50.Never encounterd a leak with aio's but hearing and reading about it now is changing my Mind.
    Again jura11 i hope you get all Back in good working order.
    I'm thinking about buying a swiftech set for my cpu.

8. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    You have filled the RMA too soon. Those temps with the stock cooler seems fine. I have just read this on reddit:

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I've owned several AIO/CLC kits and only with those two last one I've issues,my first AIO died has been H100i V2 which has failed after 6-8 months of use,my PC is 24/7 used and is mostly used for rendering,this shouldn't make any difference

My previous kit has been H55 which is still working in my neighbor PC,second kit which I've owned has been earlier H100i which has been faultless,no pump noise etc,this one is still working on friend render workstation with OC X5670 which OC to 4.2Ghz then I've got several others like another H100i and H75 for render nodes which I've build for my friends

Regarding the Hybrid AIO,I'm not first or last one who has have issue with Hybrid,just please check their forums and I've been very happy with the kit,although I've replaced fan for better and quieter fan,this EVGA Hybrid AIO is probably few months older than failed H100i V2

And regarding the user error,this is not my first build,but this has happen to me first time,owned several GPU but never happen something like this,with last one I've got high temps has been older GTX560 where I've replaced thermal paste and everything went back to normal,on this card replaced thermal paste several times and cleaned that sh1t several times and same thing

Thanks,Jura

Hi there

As above I've owned several AIO kits and only with those two last one I've got issues

My earlier H55 is still working in neighbor PC and this kit I've bought in 2013 and still no problems,same with other kit,people don't have any problems with them at all

Usually CLC/AIO kits will not leaks,usually pump will die or they clog and you will have sudden increase in temps like on load or idle,if its only clogged you can try bash by bare hand where are end tanks and you are sorted or just check if hoses are cold or hot,if you are air lock,then usually one hose is very hot and one is very cold

Regarding the Swiftech,I wanted to get too Swiftech,but no one has have those kits over here in stock,but yes I would get too their kit,but same can apply for Swiftech or EK,both have their issues with leaks and they can leaks there,as always sometimes is down to simple lucky draw

Earlier Corsair has been reliable for me,but this new stuff not sure if I would get their stuff again

And thanks there,filled RMA and will see,I still think GPU is OK,but doesn't looks like is OK

Here is just 2-3 minutes test in Heaven benchmark

[​IMG]

and idle temps

[​IMG]

Thanks,Jura

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Not really there,I've owned stock cooled Titan X,this one is my second one

My temps on stock cooled never went to such high temps this I know for sure,I've used my GPU for rendering with stock clocks and no issues at all with high temps,usually I've set manual fan to 55-60% and temps has been in range 78-82C,but nothing like 92 at full load

When I open any image and leave this picture for few minutes clocks are in 1126MHz range and temps are in at 60's and touching 70's,that's just not right there

But again thank you there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

11. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    @ jura11 - Yeah was just messin with you.You know your stuff no doubt.I knew I was playing it close and I put my 'finger' in my mouth lol! My H100i died just now after 3 years lol!!! Booted up, it shut down loading windows, turned on again, got a glimpse at the bios, the CPU was reading 84C so I hard shut down and switched off PSU.

Well time for Version 2! Now I'll just have to wait a week. :wanker:

12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Don't worry there,I know sometimes I do that same as you

With every AIO you are risking will start leak or in better case,pump will fail,if yours AIO is still under warranty try contact Corsair,I think for Hydro series you have 3-5 years warranty

Same happen to me when in BIOS I've saw 103.5C and turned PC down,you can check if pump is OK or there is just air lock,in better case you have only air lock

Here is damage of Hybrid AIO,pump started to leak,I've put AIO to box as I waiting on RMA

[​IMG]

Hope this helps and hope you get yours sorted too there:thumbup:

Thanks,Jura

13. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Leaks are scary, keep us posted on your situation, i'm curious to what's the cause of the temp rise. A few years ago a friend of mine had a similar problem with a gtx 580, temps were way too high, he even delid the gpu and replaced the paste but still nothing.

14. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    @ jura11 - Nah mine is dead as a door nail lol! Drained it, cleaned it, refilled and nothing.I have the version 2 coming in by Friday.Just hoping it has no issues because tablet games are boring me lol!

15. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Not sure what has causing high rise in temperature,but today I've again took out and replaced thermal paste for Noctua NH-H1 and my temps dropped,they're bit better,no overheating etc on light load,just didn't tried to play games and will test that after I finish few renders

I think on previous occasion I've spread Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut badly and now I've just used x shape ...

Regarding those leaks,I'm just happy this has happen when this AIO hasn't been in PC because this would cause great damage in PC,due this I will be getting some sort of big a$$ air cooler and I will stay clear from AIO

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Did you tried to contact Corsair?

Sorry to hear that there regarding yours too,hopefully v2 will be better

Agree gaming on tablet is really boring,I can't play any games right now as I'm not sure what temps I will have and I hate loud fan on Titan X,sounds like jet fighter

Most of air coolers which I wanted are out of stock and looks like I will have one soonest sometimes sometimes next month..

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

17. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    @ jura11 - Next month?? I'd be trying to delid my fkn eyeballs with a spork and Krazy glue if I had to wait that long lol!!!

I don't usually bother with rma because of my location and the cost of shipping from here.I think Amazon takes it into consideration too as it'll mean money and time for them as well.So far never had any problems with them sending me anything in an unsatisfactory condition over the years, unless the manufacturer themselves were careless.

Patiently waiting but it's a bit tough as my pc has been up and running as of 3 years and I use it every day so I'm going through a bit of withdrawal...feels like rehab..:puke2:..lol!!

18. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I was expecting my cooler will be here in couple of weeks,but luck has been on my side at last once

With stock cooler I've been unable to play any game as is noisy and card is running hotter than I would like

I've received today my Raijintek Morpheus II heatsink/air cooler and will be putting there 2xEK Vardar F3-120 (1850RPM),I'm hopping for bit better temps like I've right now with stock cooler and mainly I'm hopping will be bit quieter as stock blower is so noisy,if not then I will get different one like is Accelero Xtreme IV,this cooler will take up to 4 PCI slots :3eyes:

I would wait few weeks,but I've few works to do and I use GPU for rendering and without GPU rendering is slow,very slow

Regarding RMA yes I would agree,yours location can plays against you,but still I would contact Corsair as they should pay for postage as in my case there

My other GPU,MSI R9 390X is right now residing in my GF PC,GTX780 have my brother and MSI GTX970 is at RMA and not sure when that card will be back too,this card has been in my GF PC

Thanks,Jura

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi guys
    Raijintek Morpheus II heatsink with EK Vardar F3-120 has been today installed and temps are just amazing,idle 23°C and load temps in Valley 2 hour loop has been in high 40's with fans running at 1500RPM,with fans running at 1200RPM highest temp has been 50°C

Temps are lot better than with EVGA Hybrid AIO

Very happy

Thanks,Jura

20. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    On titan xp?