LeTV 65" 4K = any reviews?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Valken, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I walked by my TV dealer and finally saw the newer 55" LG OLED 4K TV. Blew EVERYTHING away but at 5K USD, it was sobering and brought me back down to earth.

Then I saw they had a LeTV 65" 4K Flat TV pinned to a wall and it looked actually BETTER than the Sammy 65" 4K Flat TV playing the same content.

Samsung was ~ 3K USD, the LeTV was only 1000 USD!

But I cannot find any reviews about it or the curved version except for these links:

http://www.lemall.com/max65.html 65" 4K @ 60 HZ

http://www.lemall.com/chao4/x65.html 65" 4K Curved @ 60 HZ and 3D (120 HZ?)

Specs:

Ultra 3 Max65
    3rd generation Super TV

We recommend viewing distance

2.4 meters to 4 meters long
    packing list

Tips: Accessories Specifications appearance to prevail in kind, some parts are optional. This product contains switch TV ads.
    Display

IPS technology uses 65-inch 4K display

Resolution of 3840 × 2160 pixels

FPR 3D technology does not blink

NTSC85% high color gamut 178 ° wide viewing angle

120Hz refresh rate 300nit overall brightness
    processor

Mstar 6A928 professional 4K processor

1.4GHz quad-core Cortex-A17 architecture CPU

Quad-core Mali-T760 MP4 GPU

4th generation image processing engine MACE-PRO4

The support 60 H.265 format 4K video hardware solutions

Professional moving picture processing chip Novatek72324
    storage

3GB DDR3 large memory

16GB eMMC speed flash memory
    sound

The fourth-generation magic sound system 2.1 channel stereo

Total power 40W (10W * 2***9312; + 20W subwoofer) Built-in speaker 7

Dolby Audio & DTS Premium Sound

Supports optical audio / headphone audio output

Top Dual microphones

Note ***9312;: "2" on behalf of about two channels, each channel has three speaker
    wireless

Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless network

5GHz & 2.4GHz dual-band dual-antenna MIMO

2.4G RF radio frequency wireless linking super remote control, less interference

Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
    Connection with the expansion

3 USB ports (two USB3.0), 1 x SD card slot

3 HDMI port (that supports ARC, a support MHL2.0)

A component interface, a VGA port, an AV input interface

1 Mbps network interface, an analog TV interface

A suite of Kara OK slot connected Super King Music King

Optical audio output

Size and Weight

Seamless bent metal frame, the use of diamond cutting and anodizing process

Brown transparent polycarbonate fireproof brushed metal back cover +

Narrow border 8.9mm (left, right, top) lower frame 13.1mm

Body 18.5mm (the thinnest) ~ 49mm (thickest)

Without stand 1451.5x830.6x49.0mm (L * W * H)

Without stand Weight 30.61kg

Including cloud base 1451.5x940.6x261.0mm (L * W * H)

With stand Weight 35.31kg

Note: The actual product data and annotation data may be a little bias
    Electrical performance parameters

Operating voltage 220V

Power 190W Standby ***8804;0.5w

Energy efficiency level 2
    smart system

EUI TV Edition

Android-based depth of customization and optimization

EUI TV Edition includes:

Far speaking voice scene voice somatosensory control

Desktop Carousel automatically identify source

Notification center theme of the market system screenshots

Video call music as the cloud plate TV Butler

Turn off the screen in multiple languages ***8203;***8203;(Simplified and Traditional English)
    Premise applications

Tips: Apply to TV preset prevail in kind.
    content

Definition television affiliate programs, you need to log in to watch a networked environment.

Member Services after the expiration, if not paid, you can see the same smart TV and other content.

Broadband and clarity

10M of bandwidth 4K resolution

8M-bandwidth 1080P clear

4M bandwidth, ultra-clear

3M Bandwidth HD

2M bandwidth SD

1M bandwidth, smooth
    platform

Music, as the clouds open platform video

Ensure smooth HD video experience

Global 680 CDN nodes, export bandwidth up to 20T

Depth coverage nationwide and overseas more than 60 countries on five continents core city full coverage
    Environment

Working temperature 0 ***8451; ~ 45 ***8451;

Humidity 20% to 80%

Storage temperature -15 ***8451; ~ 45 ***8451;

* 1GB = 10 billion bytes, actual capacity will be less than the nominal capacity

* Size and weight, because different manufacturers differ slightly

* HomeTime call requires both sides HomeTime equipment (Super TV / super phone), and successfully access network

* Super voice may not be available in all regions or in all languages

* Size (diagonal) screen effective display area by rounding process, the actual size may be slightly smaller

* Processor clock frequency, after taking one decimal place

* This product contains switch TV ad

* This website product images and data, functions, interfaces, and other specifications for reference only, music as possible regarding the above improvements, specific information please refer to actual product. Except as otherwise specified, the data on this site are involved in music, as the internal test results.
    Genuine security
    7 days no reason to return
    Full 150 shipping
    Service outlets
    Help
    Beginner's guide
    Order Service
    Logistics Services
    service support
    Aftermarket Policy
    Installation repair
    self-service
    Offline outlets
    Offline experience hall
    The line LePar shop
    Service outlets
    Depending on the music
    Company Profile
    contact us
    join us
    1010-9000
    7 * 24 hour customer service phone
    online service
    08: 00-22: 00
    Phone Lemall | Follow us | Share Invite | marketing alliance | fans Community | User Experience Center
    * This site consumer guide, service, user feedback and legal publicity and other content not ads
    . Copyright © 2004-2015 music as electronic commerce (Beijing) Co., Ltd. All rights reserved record / license number: Beijing ICP 16033412-1

I did find English reviews of the 55" 4K and it was terrible. I actually saw it and it was definitely 30 HZ @ 4K which I completely ignored it.

However the other 2 are @ 60 HZ.

The screen would be primarily attached to my PC (will upgrade GPU) and then to play games, watch movies and work (graphics and design documents) in that order. Motion interpolation either built in or via PC would be required for movies.

Don't watch mainstream sports, news or care about any SMART TV features.

Specs do not look too bad for a monitor. For the price + 1070 SLI, this would still be cheaper than a Sony or Samsung 55" 4K Curved TV.

If anybody has other experiences with this especially color / screen quality, input lag and overall refresh rate performance, I would appreciate it. I would love to compare this to a Vizio but my TV dealer doesn't carry it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's definitely a nice looking TV. However, you really have to wonder what corners they cut to get the price so low. Granted, they're probably not paying for much, if any, real R&D.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Main thing to look for is 4:4:4 in 4K other wise it will be horrible as a monitor. I doubt that TV is 4K@60 with 4:4:4 likely 4:2:0.

4K@60 4:4:4

4K@60 4:2:0

4. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Hi Loophole,

I will check that next time at the shops. I just saw a slew of other branded 4K TVS - Skyworth, Hisense and LeTV. All 4K @ 60+ FPS.

I will see if I can get technical specs for each.

Is there a set of 4K videos files I can download to a USB finger to test the sets at the shops? All of them were setup via the Android OS but they didn't have enough bandwidth to stream in any 4K content.

5. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    Just my 2c, but stay away from Chinese TV's. I've been living in China for a few years now, so I've tested a lot of TV's and I ended up with an LG.

Chinese TV's make use of heavy image processing which you can't disable. There is literally no option in the menu to turn things off. This adds a huge amount of latency. A friend of mine got a good deal on a TCL. Took it home, hooked it up and it literally had over a second of latency. You'd move the mouse and have to wait for the cursor to move. I went over to his place to take a look and went through every single option in the menu multiple times. Couldn't do anything about it. I had a HiSense that I had to return for the same reason. Couldn't disable image processing. I switched it out for a TCL which ended up having horrible image processing that made dark areas look like they had JPG compression. It was awful.

Their latest stunt is displaying an advertisement every time you turn the TV on. It plays really loudly too, no way to turn down the volume.

Trust me, do yourself a favor and just avoid them. Some of them have good image quality, but when you try and use it for anything other than watching TV, they're just terrible.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Hey Banana Republic,

Good to hear the info. I've seen these TVs setup in a lot of conference and waiting rooms for news broadcast and even Video over IP use. I guess it works for them due to the price vs performance but I hear you about latency and processing. I need those things off for gaming and that is the number one use for it, next to movies.

My next though is on the LG screens. Just amazingly beautiful but it needs to come down by at least half the current prices for me.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The Sony panels are a good price and do 4K@60 with 4:4:4 when set to enhanced mode. They also have very low (for a TV) input lag at 30ms the OLED LG are better but only around 18ms. The Sony's also use android for smart function.

8. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    Hey man

Yeah, I settled on an LG. It's a 55 inch UB8300. I really love this TV. It's slightly older by today's standards, so no HDR or 4:4:4 colors, but it's an amazing TV. The colors and picture quality are fantastic. I use it as my primary display. I run my desktop at 1080p and game at 1440p and sometimes at 4K. The clarity in games is stunning, especially at 4K.

I may upgrade again at some point in the next few months, because I want a 65 inch with HDR and true 4:4:4 colors and LG will be my first choice. Even here in China they're too expensive right now, but I'm still more than happy enough with mine to wait it out till the prices come down.

Chinese TV's are fine for just watching TV or movies, but anything that requires an input and response, like a mouse or controller, is definitely out of the question.. and the startup ads.. my god, the startup ads.. I can't think of a single person that would want their TV blaring ads at startup.