Guru3d front page looks weird

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by XcroN, Aug 28, 2016.

1. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    The header looks weird on my System. Tried with Microsoft Edge, same.
    Tried clean internet cache of chrome, same result.
    http://imgur.com/a/ikSkX

No adblocks applied to guru3d website.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What's the little Eye icon on the browser toolbar with +99 on it?

Looks like some sort of blocker?

3. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    It was kaspersky chrome addon. Removed it and still the same :(

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try clearing your DNS cache from elevated CMD:

ipconfig /flushdns

And I'd reboot your router too in case something there is blocking it

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Disable Kasperski completely for a few minutes and try again.

Kasperski 2017 is adding stuff into website code, preventing CSS from being finished. It's mind boggling what crap that AV company pulls these days. There's nothing I can do to fix the problems they create.

I really urge and recommend people to go and complain in their forums as they are not listening otherwise.

6. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Indeed it fixed the issue.
    Upon boot i tested and the portal worked fine but after kaspersky was loaded it started to mess things around as pictured.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You can bypass the issue by disabling this function:

[​IMG]

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    It seems the AV companies in trying to be aggressive are breaking things.It seems like they don't test things anymore just throw it out there as a "feature".Last time I tested Kapersky version 9 I think I got an immediate blue screen never bothered with it since.

9. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Nice find thanks for your help :)

10. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Nice find HH, thanks!

I'm still on KAV2016 & KIS2016 at home and work, both work without a single problem since last year. Afaik Kaspersky has released final versions of 2017 KAV & KIS on August 1st 2016, licence from 2014/2015/2016 are transferable to 2017 version but I'm in no hurry. Although I like to use latest software when it comes to AV software usually when new AV is released by Kaspersky I tend to skip at least first a revision, sometimes even b revision i.e. wait about two or three months for them to mature and then install latest KAV & KIS when they are a bit more polished.

OP, what revision of Kaspersky 2017 are you using atm? Right click on Kaspersky icon on Taskbar and choose: About ...what it said, version and revision (*)?

Also, is that Traffic processing option ticked by default?

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yep, it's a new default. Kinda ironic that anti-virus software is now injecting foreign code for their own 'purposes'.

12. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme

13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Bitdefender used to do that as well due to some plugin they had for Firefox. As of version 16 they either removed it or made it optional because I don't see anything related to the software in my browser or plugins/extensions anymore. It would do the same thing and prevent CSS from loading all the way. As of this version everything loads as it should.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  14. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    17.0.0.611(a) is the latest 2017 build, issues are there both on first non-a and atm latest a build, even found out that one of our well known Gurus here and DDU developer (Wagnard) has reported same issue with 2017 version some 10 days ago, here

I'm going to wait a bit before switching to 2017, KAV/KIS 2016 build 16.0.1445(e) is doing perfectly fine on rigs I'm using running Win7 x64 and Win8.1 x64. In month, maybe two they're going to solve the problem with another build, no doubt about that.

15. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    The software itself works well, just too bad they added some "hidden stuff" since 2016 edition that we need to break our heads to discover this and "fixing" this.

16. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Not a single piece of software out there is perfect and 100% bug free, same as we are. As I said I'm gonna wait a few months more before switching from KAV/KIS 2016 to latest KAV/KIS 2017 builds as I always do in past 6 or 7 years, I'm not that type of guy who likes to be early adopter, I like to see what I've been offered when dust settles. I've been using Kaspersky product for more than 15 years, they served me well both at my company and my home, keeping my and my and kids stuff safe so looking from that side I can't complain. They're cheap here and I don't like to change the team who wins. Latest software doesn't mean it's the fastest, safest or best optimised. Some things needs time to "grow up", good things come to those who can wait.

17. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    I know i said that until this issue if you can call it "issue" the KIS works fine for me. I know that there is no 100% bug free product out there :)

18. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I have 17.0.0.611(c) and do not have that option, Ive used Kaspersky for over 10 yrs(free with Barclays online banking) and never had an issue like this, looks like one of the Op`s other extensions causing the issue.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

yep^... kinda like the glass company running around town breaking windows for more money....