DDU in windows 10 for nvidia?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jarablue, Aug 27, 2016.

1. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    How does one do a clean driver install in windows 10 now? Doesn't windows 10 auto install drivers? I want to clean out my drivers with DDU and do not know how to do it. Can anyone give me a quick how to on how to properly use DDU on windows 10 for nvidia drivers?

Thanks! :)

2. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Well, if you're concerned about that then just disconnect the internet temporarily I guess(unless the update store has stored the files locally) but I haven't had any single instance where Windows autoinstalled GPU drivers.

Just do the regular procedure.

Run DDU-->choose Safe Mode option-->Clean-->Restart and install new drivers.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That's what i do, sort of.

I simply disable the Network Adapter untill i'm done with the entire process.

And if you want to double check, make sure Device Manager says something like "Standard VGA Adapter".

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  4. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    DDU can disable auto driver install AFAIK.
    Using Windows 10 1607 with Ethernet cable plugged and after using DDU, no windows update driver was installed.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Here is a little clarification on the subject.

DDU won't prevent "Windows Update" to install a driver.

DDU should only prevent newly installed/detected hardware to search "Windows Update" for it's driver.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah DDU does indeed disable the Auto driver install of Windows 10 for any future driver install. I used it to remove AMD drivers to make way for my 1070.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016