Corsair Announces Full New Range of LUX Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    As a Corsair fanboy, I will never buy another LED keyboard from them. My K70, along with my friend's and brother's, has more dead keys than lit. To this date, in my 38 years on this planet. I have never had an LED die on any device. I have a 20 year old LED keyboard (with 17 years of daily use) from Saitek that still has all it's LEDs working. Unacceptable....

3. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    The bull**** they put on keyboards these days is just out of control. PASS.

4. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    Screw corsair keyboards. they dont even sell replacement caps! once something breaks, youre on your own!

5. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Agree with all but the fanboy i never was. I'll go further and say i wont buy another Corsair product period, not after the way they treated my case over two Strafe RGB's.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

They say the keys are ultra-bright, I would say that is more of a distraction than a feature. Having the keys lit serves two functions. The first is to make it look good, which is why many keyboards and multi colour, the other is so you can use it more effectively in a dark room. If a gamer is in a darkened room they don't want to be distracted by the keyboard effectively shining a torch in their face whilst they are trying to game.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  7. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Mine survived two spilled beers, it was fun to watching the LEDs go dark as the beer flow from right to left, but after drying it works just fine, except right shift is still little sticky.

8. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 (10GB)
    "[...]laser-etched key caps have the durability to last through years of key presses while looking their best."

Clearly the tester left no free edges on his fingernails. The WASD lettering starts to wear off after just a couple of months, especially the W key for aggressive FPS gamers and the S key for timid FPS gamers. ;)

9. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    The dead LED's on the K70's was indeed a major f'up. The K70 Vengeace with blue LED's was guaranteed to die in half year which is ridiculous considering the price. I own the K70 Vengeance with Cherry brown, only the F12 died so far... I wonder how the "new" gen will fare.

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I have a revision 1.0 Blackwidow Ultimate (the one with the Chery MX blue switches). It has survive two coffee/milk spills and the subsequent washing. One led only is not working, but this is a five year old keyboard at this point.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I guess i dodge a bullet i was gona by keyboard from them, I would be irate for such problem specially for there prices

12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    My experience has been a little different, I've been using what I think is the original K70 LED keyboard (all keys same red color with 4 brightness settings and the option to only light the "gaming" keys) which I got at Best Buy on sale for a decent price almost 3 years ago. I've truly had zero issues with it (however I've not spilled any liquids on it). The only problem I've had was my own fault, I accidentally broke the wrist rest off but was able to epoxy the tabs back on and it works fine. I actually think its a well engineering keyboard and looks fantastic. With that said I fully understand where everyone else is coming from, any of those issues would make me think twice.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They mounted the K70 RGB LEDs differently -- they don't burn out anywhere near the old K70 ones do. I'm sure this series will use the new mounting too.

14. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    No more lighted keyboard from Corsair.
    Bad power strayegy for whole K seriries in past.
    Making LED's start die after 3 mos.

RGB drivers making crash whole system ;D

No more.. they making me laught seriously they nt treat consumer seriously. They even nt test their crap properly.

Corsair mechanically is oky. But their electronics and quality controll suck as well as RMA and driver lame-team.

Even if they do best looking KB they are nt worty troubles.

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

How about this:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Colors...730491?hash=item3ac971053b:g:CcoAAOSwZVlXotxq

US$13.60 delivered. Plenty of other listings for the product for a similar price.

The reason why I pointed that out is that although most likely a 'value for money' option, which doesn't say much considering postage is included, it does give an indication of the cost of actually putting the colour LED's into the keyboard. The adjustable backlight looks handy, I wouldn't want to be blared in the face by overbright keys. Also a consideration is that who actually makes the Corsair keyboard?

16. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    Has had a K70 for more than a year without a problem, not even the flickering. Now I own a LUX aswell and no problems at all, either hardware or software wise.

17. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    My corsair K70's going on 3 years and everything works just fine, all LED's lit. Only thing is my W and S keys have been worn away from use, but that happened with my previous keyboards as well

18. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    On my Logitech G710+, the "R" key cap broke. Contacted Logitech about it. Had a full keyboard key cap replacement delivered within a week. I'll stick with Logitech. Oh, no dead LEDs.

20. claydough

claydough Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    Immersive future so BRIGHT I got to wear shades!

At 50 some veteran gamers eyes might appreciate a lil more boost fer their rods and cones.
    Particularly For Active Shutter 3Dvision...
    I have been searching for a long time for A truly bright LED RGB keyboard that will shine bright enough so I can find the odd key "in game" withought the frustration of killing immersion, clumsily taking off the glasses or fumbling blind.

So whenever a new release comes out ...
    I'll pour through the reviews hoping to find the holy grail of:

Customizable color to whatever case mod I got in the works...
    Nice design, with quality materials and keys.
    ( aluminum and clicky cherry blues are my preference )
    And bright LED light. Bright enough to shine through readable easily when wearing active shutter glasses. "even with my aging eyes".

But when reading these reviews...
    it always seems that no consideration is given for age or an alternative "functional" need for light ( blind to keys while wearing gaming 3d glasses )

As if one's experience was an absolute!
    Bright = bad.
    ( despite the ubiquitous solution of variable brightness control usually present on all these devices )

Reviews in the past seemed to point to Corsairs RGB keys as being dim.
    I am very hopeful that the new LUX solution is as bright as the sun!

Considering the brushed aluminum design is perty boss !

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016