Palit Super Jetstream 1070 Fans ON/OFF Cycle

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by KayserKay, Aug 25, 2016.

1. KayserKay

KayserKay Member

GPU:
    Palit Super JS GTX 1070
    Hello!

I´ve received my Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream yesterday and noticed
    (via Thundermaster) that everytime the Temperature goes above 50C the Fans start to spin up and down every 2-3 secs. with approx. 500 RPM. When I set the Fan Curve manually to 23% the Fans run constantly.
    Under 50C the Fans stay off.

It seems more people have this "issue".

I called Palit in Germany and the Support guy told me, that this Fan behaviour is by design.

I wonder why this hasn´t been mentioned by any reviewers???

Anyone else noticed this or has more information?

Beside this the card runs great and quiet. I had an eVGA GTX 970 SC before ...night and day!

THX!

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    It is called zero fan. It started like a year or so ago with maxwell gpus. Since then most vendors implemented the technology. Basically the fans only spin when the gpu passes a certain temp, some at 65 and others at lower temps.

It is not an issue, rather an enhancement to lower generated noise. In your case, the fans spin up to cool the gpu, and once the temps drop to lower than 50 degrees they turn off. It shouldn't bother you as the fans spin only to 20% which is inaudible.

3. KayserKay

KayserKay Member

GPU:
    Palit Super JS GTX 1070
    OK. Here´s a Video of the Gamerock with exactly the same behaviour and the fans clicking noise captured! Is this normal? There´s a thread at Tomshardware where they discuss this.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZFbjvcBgFQ

4. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    What is happening with your card is NOT normal , the Zotac 1080 AMP Extreme also has the same buggy fan behavior.

Contact Nvidia & Palit , show them these pictures and also the youtube video. Either Nvidia can fix it in the driver like they did with the 1080 founders edition fan ramping up and down or Palit can issue a fixed bios.

The owner of the Zotac 1080 AMP Extreme in the below thread had the same problem , it looks like they fixed their issue by returning the card and getting a different brand.

Zotac 1080 AMP Extreme picture from Hilberts GURU3D review which has the same erratic behavior with the fan switching on/off and ramping every few seconds :-
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=409311
    [​IMG]

My MSI Gaming X 1080 picture below , this is normal fan behavior with an lovely stable fan speed , it turned on at 60c and was constantly on until the card dropped below 50c :-

[​IMG]