Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch #1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A first patch for the Windows edition of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is now available. This should fix crashes and "critical issues" some users have experienced. ...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch #1

2. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Fixed crashes caused by third-party programs interfering with the game.
    Fixed crash that occurred after viewing the intro videos.
    Fixed issue that could cause a crash at the end of the Prague intro scene.
    Fixed mouse invert setting not being displayed correctly in the options menu.
    From four fixes three are fixes for crashes caused by all mighty "DeNuevo" sh** and the PC game cost is only "50 EUR" on Steam!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I really miss the days where people would be pissed off that games would require a day #1 patch in order to fix things that should never need to be fixed at a gametime release.

Seriously. How tolerant gamers have become of these tactics.. pre-ordering, willing to pay ahead of time, and pay full price only to get the game and have it crash, misperform, run poorly on high end hardware, shove microtransactions in your face.

My old-school gaming roots cringe so bad when I think of this sh*t.

4. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    I miss the days when people didn't whine about EVERYTHING! From what i hear most are really enjoying this game! I will buy it in do time as well!:)

5. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    You sir are exactly what the suits in the gaming industry want :)

And I also miss the times when we use to receive very good quality products for our hard earned money, it's sad that players don't feel bad anymore when they are being tricked into buying crappy products.

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Agreed. and also makes it worse for the rest of us who aren't willing to accept mediocrity and poor optimization and day one patching.

Its okay though, to make up for that, we are offered the ability to buy DLC and microtransactions for things that should be included in the game for free! What luck!

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Games are also much more complicated affairs these days.

8. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Maybe and maybe not.....like i said ill buy it when there truly finished hopefully not long after sep 6! And if its not ready then i can still wait! DX is one of my all time favorite off line/single player games. I knew its wasnt going to be finished when they announced the dx12 delay and i have no problem waiting!:)

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    these days and the old-school days are no different, the only difference is the ability to quickly provide a patch or the willingness for the publisher/developer to do so. As well, i guess, another difference is the massive difference in complexity that games are today. Ever wonder why HL1 had so many mods within the 1st year, let alone 2, that were so popular? yet HL2 has a hard time for mod developers to get a game out in its very basic stage in one year? Yes, complexity.

You know what hasn't changed apparently? The inability for people to understand how much more complex games are these days, but still demand the same amount of money for them.

You might be saying to yourself "What? Same price? it went up 10$!" Uh...no? I mean sure, but inflation has gone up more then that, we're actually spending less money on games (full price) then we use to. $49.99 game "back in the day" should cost 69.32 (lets just say 69.99) today

But hey, lets all continue to gripe about how games aren't "what they use to be" without acknowledging that games are so far beyond more complex that people in the year 2000 would probably look at what to make a game today and go "...That's not worth it, too much needed to be done and an inability to ask what would be reasonable for it"

I mean, lets just say that games are twice as complex to make and are twice and difficult to make now as a 2000 game (those numbers are much, much higher though), logically you'd say, twice the work, twice the complexity, twice the price, right? But that's not how it works, we all demand more complex games, for less and less and less. I'm no different, i rarely pay over $20 for a game. Difference is i don't complain every time a game has bugs, which news flash, even pong had bugs....and how basic was that.

So instead of complaining that "back in the day" was better, which it wasn't (how many patches have there been for HL1? There's still new patches coming out today...), how about you decide to pay the developers more for their massively more complex games? No, no, i understand that won't happen, i won't do it either, again like i said i rarely pay over $20. So what you can do instead is stop complaining about something you clearly underestimate and don't understand.

Oh that quote is so golden isn't it? It's always stated by people who don't remember the past or feel they should have something for nothing.

Always by people who think that because "expansion pack" was renamed to "DLC" that somehow makes it worse.

By people who think that because a DLC at $15 contains less content in it then a $39.99 expansion pack, that somehow makes DLC worse

By people who have this grand idea that if DLC were never a thing, then they would have had it in the game for free. 'Cause that's logical right? It's not more logical that if DLC weren't a thing, then the base game that came out would be the only thing you would have ever had the ability to get. No, no...definitely not more logical. I mean the fact that it exists in this reality absolutely means that in a reality where DLC isn't a thing, that content still exists in that reality, in the base game......that's...logical....................? It's not really sounding logical is it? It's sounding more likely that there would only be the base game and that's it, because why would a company make more content then they have to, to get the same price for it? You think developers would do that? Let alone PUBLISHERS? hahahaha.....that's a good laugh.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ What I really love about your diatribe is that you wanna lecture me on game development and how much more complex games are, and yet I'm typing this to you right now from a games studio that I work at LOL.

Trust me when I say, I know first hand what it takes to develop a game. I have also been a PC gamer for bordering 20 years.

Sure, games these days are more complex.. you know what else though? The engines, expertise, and knowledge and overall capabilities to make these games has also increased tenfold. You act as if because the game is more complex, it somehow negates any responsibility on the part of the developer to ensure functionality.

Sorry, that's not good enough. Vehicles these days are also more complex. Airlines, also more complex. Do you also give them the same leeway for their products to be delivered to a low level of testing? There is an expectation of functionality upon release.. rushing out games before they are completed only to be patched later is a cancer on this industry.

Deus Ex is certainly not alone in this department, but time and time again people are fooled into thinking they will get a working game on release. the only two games that I've played in recent memory that worked largely without issue on their first day were Witcher 3 and Doom. I'm sure there are others, but as I have said repeatedly, most games are now expected to not work on release day.

The expectation that you're not buying a fully working game, and the acceptance of such is insane imo.

If you wanna make excuses for the game industry that is fine. Lord knows they have a tough job trying to get games working on different types of devices and setups. But that is the job they signed up for. If they didn't want to do that to the level that should be expected, they should just release for console and be done with it.

If you wanna develop a game and sell it for the PC platform, make it work. Patching it week after week post release has become so commonplace that people just shrug and say "well that's just how it is I guess" and throw $70 at the game 6 months before its released.
    Gimme a break.

Also, if games were more expensive but came largely trouble free, I would absolutely be willing to pay more $. People are spending thousands of dollars on their rigs, sli setups, and get either sli not working with a game, working poorly, low framerates/terrible scaling, or on the odd chance, it works great.. unless you have gsync, then its again a crapshoot whether it works or not.

But its okay I guess.. Its complex, so we should just suck it up. Great position to take.

Absolute nonsense. Way to make up your own argument. If you need to come at me with this strawman argument, I can't be bothered to reply further.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

11. SavagePotato

SavagePotato Guest

GPU:
    Quadro M6000
    Well said, games are more complex and so are the tools used to develop them. Hardware is more complex and so are the tools used to manufacture it, doesn't mean anyone should be accommodating for bad hardware. Now I won't speak for Deus Ex as a game because I haven't played it, but if it performs anything like the benchmark does then it's a pretty bad effort. Maybe it's amazingly well optimized but running particularly demanding shaders; but that would still be a bad effort because the end result isn't worth the performance hit imo.

There are prettier games that run better, cost less and probably got less money for development.

As for DLC, it depends. At the end of the day any distinction between DLC and expansion is superfluous - they are the same thing for all intent purposes.

Traditionally an expansion is seen as a sequel or encore of sorts using the same engine, many of the same assets etc, so it costs less.

The Witcher 3 had two DLC and called them expansions.

The "free DLC" from the base game is a crock of ****. That ain't "free DLC". that's a game update. It ain't "free" if nobody in their right mind would pay for it. The only reason CDPR can get away with seeming like saints when in fact they only practice common decency is because other developers have outrageous practices.

I'm having a little trouble playing Obduction, occasional stuttering, but the game more than makes up for it as far as I am concerned. It's the prettiest game i've played in a long time. UE4 is incredible :) I think it looks prettier than Witcher 3 in Toussaint frankly

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I miss buying games on DVD xD

13. kbx1

kbx1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Palit GR
    All todays AAA titles are more complex than HL2 or Crysis? I dont belive it. Plus, you must take into account that both were developed and sell only on pc market originally and I dont recall develpers whining about low profit. While new Deus ex is being sold over all available platforms, meaning sales volume is much much higher. Im far from calling companies greedy but ask yourself question why CDPR can made and sell much much bigger and complex game at probably lower price, without denuevo, with free dlc and at the end they are more than happy with the profit.

14. bhill63

bhill63 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Consoles VS. PC Continued......

Consoles = plug and play...PC gaming = hobby. The fun "back in the day" was to configure your PC to run a new AAA game with smooth frame rates. People complaining about Deus Ex performance are not true PC gamers but more of entitled kids. IF you just want to play the game, get a console. IF you want to play the game AND tweak your PC hardward to run 101 efficient, play it on a PC. And there is the old argument that Developers cannot test on every configurable PC variable the is out there. Consoles are only test on two. We PC gamers have always been the "true Beta testers".......

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    *Wipes tear* That was beautiful. :D

16. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    So... how does the patch work?

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I want to kiss you strait on the mouth right now. Well said.

18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Glad that there are some that agree with me. I think most of us that have been gamers for a long time have watched this take shape over the years.

I just have a hard time standing idle, watching people get suckered over and over, filling forums with complaints, only to turn around and pre-order and get suckered again.. to the point of actually defending their purchases even though they are paying for incomplete products.

19. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Just a new era, unfortunately. I mean...I can go back to nes games, snes games...psone...even ps2 games where the game was what it was. No patches, no updates *gasp* developers finished an entire product and process at once. AND IT WORKED!!

I don't buy games for at least a month after release these days. Perfect example is No Man's Sky. I am excited to try it, but I will not touch it with a 10 foot pole until they get it fixed and running properly. They even botched that on ps4 which is rare. Most console games at least run, they usually leave the cashing to pc gamers to deal with.

High-end hardware is purposely gimped to keep you upgrading. That's no secret. Plenty of proof if you do a few google searches.

If a game has iap's even if they are just outfits and things not needed to complete the game, I refuse to buy the game. No game with a full retail price should charge for in game purchases, that's why you bought the game for $60 bucks.

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Modern software with new stuff on, is multiple times more complicated. The Doom 3 code was almost triple the size of the Quake 3 code. Was it because the programmers were masochists? I don't think so.

That's the example of a bad game. They were common in the old days too. I don't even want to remember the mess of the Windows 9x days, where the system itself wasn't stable. I usually wait for at least six months for most games. There are so many good games out now, so there are always games I have to finish, so I'm never in a hurry and I always get the "best" version.

No. Hardware is designed with specific things in mind when made. Sometimes these things happen on the software side (see GCN 1.0, which is 4+ years old at this point), and sometimes you get great immediate performance that is not as suited for software written later (see Kepler). That takes away nothing from the hardware itself.

This is so correct. I wonder how people defend things like season passes on $80 games. We are doing this to ourselves really.

A small thing I want to say also, from personal experience. Try to learn a programming language, preferably C/C++. It will change your whole perspective on games and software.