Playstation Now is coming to the PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sony sends word out that Playstation Now (cloud gaming service) will officially come to the PC. This service will go live in parts of Europe and North America. In addition, Sony revealed the DualShock...

Playstation Now is coming to the PC

2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I hope that the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor will come with native Xinput support/driver for Windows. Otherwise it'd be useless, as one might just as well connect it via Bluetooth which works perfectly fine anyway (everything works when using an Xinput Wrapper for Xinput games anyhow, but it'd be nice to be able to shed it).

3. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    How about they just port there games to pc***128077;***127995;

4. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    which effectively kill ps4 sales you mean ?

5. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    Yeah, right, that is exactly what it means :nerd:
    Otherwise, this seems to be a pretty smart move the expand the market of the service. Alot of PS4 owners are also PS3 owners and have all the games they want to play. PC gamers on the other hand getting direct access to some great exclusives is a whole other matter. Unfortunately, SONY seem to be doing really well this generation.

6. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    Now watch all the X console players go, I got a PC and used Sony's specs and it's complete crap!
    2G RAM - Should read 8G! lulz :nerd:

7. qqryq

qqryq Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGeForceGTX970 OC
    So this is why Sony acquired Gaikai cloud gaming service back in 2012? Interesting...

Edit:
    Because it's using cloud gaming service you don't need to have PS3 or games for it, console and games are required only if you want to play PS4 games on PC. To play PS3 games all you need is Playstation Now application installed, an PSN account (7 days free trial then subscription is required) and you are good to go.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  8. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    **their**. There is locality, their is possessive.

Anyway, If I can play last of us on PC i'll be stoked.

What savvy gamer uses wireless? No thanks. You can already use dualshock on PC it's not that hard. Bluetooth? Err no. Who has bluetooth on their PC???? Very few people I imagine. I don't see the point.

Wired or nothing. I mean I see the convenience of it but I've never liked wireless for gaming. It's just too temperamental not to mention running out of battery life just when you're in the middle of killing a boss in Dark Souls or whatever...not going to happen to me no sir.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I used wireless and Never had any problems with it. Yeah the battery life can get annoying at times.

I hope so too. But if it doesn't and offers the PC functionality that the plugged in DS4 controllers was supposed to but never did then I would be happy with just that.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    TBH, I've used this service on my PS Vita when it was pay-per-game. Killzone 3 actually looked great and worked fine. Acceptable latency via wifi. I'm interested in this service on PC. Will definitely give it a go.