Review: DX11 - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Graphics performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for the review Hilbert!

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    This game really pushes current hardware to it's knees.

And just look at the 780 Ti. Once a mighty card and now, it can barely keep up with a 380x. It has aged really badly...

4. Mica

Mica Member

GPU:
    RX 5700XT 8GB
    RX480 beats GTX1060 once again, but this time in a DirectX11 game. Glad to see that.

5. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    LoL I think as usual, this game is not yet optimized. Just like the division at launch. A few more patches and better drivers should give us better fps at 1440p and 4k res.

If dx 12 boosts fps by 20% its good, but I still have a bad feeling about this game's graphics engine and optimization. As of today of course. We shall se, we shall indeed see.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, the Dawn Engine is a modified version of the Glacier engine -- AMD hardware has always ran exceptionally well on Glacier -- Dawn is mirroring that.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you mean DirectX 11 then yep. :)

If it's the game engine that is referenced then Human Revolution allegedly used a altered Crystal engine that were mainly used for the Crystal Dynamics teams Tomb Raider franchise and now this sequel uses a new engine called Dawn although from what I just read it's core is a heavily updated Glacier engine from the previous game so eh I guess it's technically correct even if it's a fairly big overhaul in terms of features offered or how to say. :D

Could have done with some extra time for the PC version, yeah a delayed release would have been annoying too but I'd prefer a better optimized and bug-tested final product personally but eh that's up to the publisher to control mainly.

Nixxes is usually very supportive though as seen with multiple updates for the original Human Revolution - though the updated version is a bit so-so but handled by Eidos directly from my understanding. - and then there's Tomb Raider which started out a bit meh at least on AMD but now thanks to both game patches and driver improvements it's improved by a good bit.

EDIT: I heard the benchmark was a bit generous compared to the actual game but it's kinda funny to see with the 2560x1440 and 3840x2160 framerate results, Fury 4K framerate is more along what I experienced in the tutorial level though some areas do run a bit better though the fast VRAM consumption likely plays a part of this as well with how quickly it surpasses the 4 GB limit. (And some occasional areas partway through the level run worse, heh.)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  8. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Think about metro

This looks like the demo level from the start of metro. This has a load more detail though. Like a lot lot more detail so I'm thinking this is going to need some great SLI/Crossfire support if it is to sell well. Metro would have sold more units initially if the right hardware for it was available at launch. I run UHD (my local currys doesnt seem to have 1080p sets anymore) so for my SLI 980tis (still £700 worth of gear new) I won't be purchasing as I wont be getting over 40fps.

9. nitroxyl

nitroxyl Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX970 G1
    Would've been nice to see how gtx 970 and 980 can run the game

10. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Honestly this game isn't bad at a locked 30fps. For me i play the stealth route so i prefer 4K@30fps over 1440p@60fps (i have a water cooled Pascal Titan X) because playing on a 70" 4K UHDTV really makes the higher resolution (4K over 1440p) noticeable. With my OC i can run the game vysynced at 60Hz and run around 40-50fps... but locking it to 30fps really isn't that bad. Would i rather play at 60fps? Of course. But i will take a hit to framerate (in this game... not all) for the extra visual IQ in this case.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Pascal Titan X is a monster of a card. 1080 looked so powerful, but now it's on all fours in front of Titan X.

12. trentbg

trentbg Guest

GPU:
    nVidia
    My thoughts exactly!

13. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Somewhat "higher texel fill rate, higher fps?"

titan x 1 422
    1080 2 257
    fury X 3 268
    1070 4 241
    Fury 5 268
    Nano 6 256
    980ti 7 176
    390x 8 184
    480 9 182
    390 10 160
    470 11 154
    1060 12 128
    380x 13 137
    780ti 14 205 "lost driver support"

14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's getting panned on steam. A lot of people waiting for patches to see if there's any performance improvements...before getting a refund.

15. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Thanks!

I have it installed but am waiting on better SLI performance. I should be able to max the game at 1080P.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    FYI, the in game benchmark is a lot different, and also tends to inflate AMD performance relative to the actual game itself. AMD seems to be doing this a lot recently with their G.E titles like Total Warhammer, where the scripted benchmark will return higher values for AMD hardware compared to the game itself.

PCGH.de tested the game using the Prague area, and there the performance was not only much better overall for both NVidia and AMD, but NVidia took the lead over AMD:

PCGH.de test results

17. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    That's nvidia for you.:)

Maxwell will most likely have the same fate.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh if 1060gtx barely does 35fps 53 fps i guess my 660gtx will not cut it for the game

vestibule likes this.
  19. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Wow Fury X is spanking my GTX 1070 in DX11.... thats kinda unexpected.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I haven't actually played it yet, but in menu alone all maxed was ~40 fps lol, I can only imagine the fall in actual gameplay. Hopefully some patches/drivers will fix the performance, but it will take a while. I won't judge the game solely on this though...