Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 23, 2016.

1. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Did a quick run of the integrated benchmark.
    Everything maxed out (MSAA OFF) @ 1080p
    Card is @ 1370/2200

MIN: 32.7
    MED: 48.6
    MAX: 64.4

Gonna play the game a bit now and try changing some settings.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. ArtemB1988

ArtemB1988 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 Series
    we need an optimized driver...

3. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    With everything, you really mean everything? Also MSAA?

4. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Yeah everything, sorry forgot about MSAA that is DISABLED.

5. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I will do some benchmarks myself. Including CrossFire (see if it works).

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    This is AMD ''sponsored'' game right?

they should have been released a driver , shame :p

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Can we hope dx12 will work better for AMD users?

9. MrIGM

MrIGM Guest

GPU:
    CZXZXC
    290x

On high setting, MSAA off
    starting area gives me 50-40 fps. it means in open city it will be 30 fps.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I would imagine that it would mirror Hitman. It's the same engine and supposedly AMD is helping Nixxes with the implementation. Their TR port DX12 didn't really come out to well though -- maybe AMD can rub some performance magic off on them.

11. MrIGM

MrIGM Guest

GPU:
    CZXZXC
    12 for Deus ex will come by the end of the year, and about TR, the latest version of dx12 gives me extra 10 fps on avg with my 290x I5 4570

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The last patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider was really nice. Are you sure that the Deus Ex engine is the same as Hitman?

No, it will come on the week of September 5th. That's max two weeks from now, not the end of the year.

13. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Did an in game benchmark, here is the result:

Ultra preset with MSAA set to Off.
    1080p

MIN: 27.6
    MED: 45.5
    MAX: 62.5

14. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    As promised, some results. I did run the benchmark and I did compare the single card performance with the CrossFire performance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can see that CrossFire is giving a boost at all resolutions. However, if I choose anything lower than 4K, I don't get full scaling on both of my cards. At 1080p the average scaling is around 65/65 (sometimes it's higher).

It really looks like a (CPU) bottleneck to me. Increasing settings/resolutions won't lower the FPS and it will increase the load on both cards.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  15. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I strongly recommend that people stay away from the Ultra preset. The Ultra settings offer very very very little visual improvements over high and Very high, yet lead to a great performance loss.
    I would instead recommend that people pick the High preset, and then manually increase the settings that they care about.
    Ultra was not created for 99% of us.

I would like to know if people have seen any improvement in the game when using 16.8.2 drivers instead of older drivers. I've been sticking to 16.7.3 due to BSODs with the newer versions.

16. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Ultra preset, 1440p, 16.8.2 :

Min : 9
    Avg : 34
    Max : 52

You can see the card struggling with RAM, but it was just for the heck of it, I can't see a difference in textures between very high and ultra. And I'll wait for the optimised driver and dx12...

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I wonder if the DX12 version will have multi-gpu.

18. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Tried the benchmark before and after doing a clean install of 16.8.2 versus 16.7.3.
    Haven't seen any real improvement. Average and Max FPS both had the same results. Minimum changed a lot from one test to another.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    16.7.3 is where a profile for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was added although exactly how optimized the game is with that driver compared to earlier ones is difficult to tell since it's just there as a Crossfire profile for targeting the games exe file and I'm not sure on how well the scaling is either or even if the profile is for D3D11 or D3D12 even if the D3D12 implementation has since been delayed by a little bit. :)

But yeah ultra volumetric lights and shadows will be difficult to spot if you aren't doing a direct comparison but the more accurate filtering and whatnot does incur a noticeable performance hit.

It's not quite the same technique but the tessellated volumetric god-rays in Fallout 4 sees a similar performance hit between "high" and "ultra" quality while in-game there's barely a noticeable difference besides for some people a slightly pixelated effect during times when the depth of field shader is active such as via VATS or when in dialogue mode. :)

Same with shadow filtering I assume and increasing the res of that although it could also be for having a higher fade distance before shadows are gradually rendered in lower quality for more distant objects and scenery but yeah once again it's hard to see when playing the game unless you really look for it or do a comparison and well under normal game circumstances the player would not really press their face right into shadow edges and whatnot and zoom in trying to see how detailed said shadows are. :p

I'm glad the developers are taking advantage of higher-end hardware but there is probably room for optimization too and DirectX 12 might not make a major performance difference besides perhaps a bit better for AMD due to their general CPU overhead problem with DX11 and perhaps also a slight gain via support for async depending on how it's implemented.

20. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    MIN: 8.9
    MED: 41.9
    MAX: 59.4
    All maxed without MSAA
    When I set Texture Quality to max it says I need more than 4GB

I need an optimized driver or a new card?