usb gone away, please help

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mexy750, Aug 23, 2016.

1. mexy750

mexy750 Guest

GPU:
    3x EVGA Titan X SC
    hi

i'm having some very weired trouble. on my msi x99 godlike mb, all usb slots suddenly stopped working. keybord/mouse/sound, thinking is working.

when i power on the system everything seems normal, but as soon as i get to the windows (10) loading, everything switches off. :bang:

i cannot login to the system to check stuff, as no usb is working! any idea what to try?

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow ok that's a weird one.

Could you check if they appear in device manager under USB controllers and more importantly they've not been accidentally disabled in your bios?

3. mexy750

mexy750 Guest

GPU:
    3x EVGA Titan X SC
    further checking, only usb 2 is affected, i can login to the system by only using the usb3 header.

all usb devices are reporting everything ok: http://imgur.com/a/giopS

i tried to uninstall them one by one

after rebooot everything was back to usb3 ok, usb2 not ok. seems like usb2 iis not even getting power as keyboard lights are not present.

4. mexy750

mexy750 Guest

GPU:
    3x EVGA Titan X SC
    when it broke, the effect was that volume on my keyboarrd did not affect aus u7 volume.... i decided to reboot to fix the issue...
    effect was that the keytboard and sound was completly gone away

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And you can enter into BIOS settings and use mouse and keyboard at USB2 ports?

6. mexy750

mexy750 Guest

GPU:
    3x EVGA Titan X SC
    yes, bios is fine. it breakes when the windows logo apears. leds on the keyboard go out the very moment windows logo appears :puke2:

disabled power saving for all usb controllers. did not help.
    uninstalled all of them one by one. then had to reenable 2 of them because they were disabled after the reinstall.
    suddenly it worked again! - worth mentioning that the bluetooth broke, but i did not use it anyway, so i'm fine.

for bluetooth i get "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

maybe some strange windows update i did not notice. :bang:

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I had that error on an old laptop's BT. I needed to install a windows 8.0 driver to fix it. Double check the driver version's compatibility and there's no harm in trying an old version.