Messed-up my back big-time!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by nz3777, Aug 15, 2016.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Hey guys just wondering if you guys have any tips for a bad back, Yesterday I hit the gym (knowingly) I had back issues, did not do a proper warm-up either-(smart) It started hurting when I was doing concentration curls on the bench.Needless to say I barely made it home from the gym to my condo across the street!

I feel like a Total wuss!!! My wife had to help me get around the house yesterday and the pain is like exactly in the center of my lower-back, Thinking about getting some Steroid injections again but was putting it off on account of being so painful!

Anyone have any tips for me I can try at home? I am in ALOT of pain. Thanks guys/ Nz.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Either you need a competent chiropractor or some acupuncture, steroids wont do you any good.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  4. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    I think you also have brain issues and if you are prepared to start taking advice from a computer forum about your back issues, there is no hope for you.

Go see a doctor!

5. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    I'd recommend going to see a professional, doctor or physio. Once they've diagnosed you they will usually give you a regimen of stretches and exercises to help strengthen your back muscles and prevent the same thing happening again.

Having watched my father struggle with back problems for many years it's not a subject that I'd take lightly.

If you must exercise, I'd recommend swimming over the gym

6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    When old people take a visit to the gym lots of things can go wrong... :p

Good fu*k cures everthing, don't you know that! :D

jk mate, I share your pain. I was on your place few times some 10, 15 years ago, gym and/or swiming in the pool then going to work under the working AC that was set to 18 Celsius, ouch... I know how back can hurt, sharp pain in the back can take your breath away for 10 or 20 secs easily, my eyes were popping because of insane pain in the back. But I've learned my lesson...

About killing the pain.... Take a good and long bath in the hot tub, hour or two if you can handle that, after the bath take few Aspirins and go to bed, dress yourself properly (pajama...) + nice belt for the back, like this one.

Take care old man ;)

P.S.
    And avoid "olympic games" under the sheet for few days :)

7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well thanks for all the reply guys,

Lmao @ Milojko- I kinda figured you might say that but I dont see how I can pull that off the 1st option, Haha!

Its a Hurniated disk I have If I recall correctly? I feel like someone stuck a knife into my lower back and I cannot move! I am doing the bath thing as its hard getting in and out of the tub- also scared I might actually drown in there lol. Mixing cold then hot for pain but trying not to go crazy on the meds- Not that I have any anyway!

Man it sucks getting old. Thanks guys for the tips.

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    The main part thats pissing me off is I cannot find a comfterable position to sit in, I cannot lay down, If I walk to much it tends to feel like electric is going through my legs,I actually almost fell few times!

I hope this ends soon my god dont wish this on my worse enemy. Sorry to post this here I have no friends to talk to. :)

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Visit a doctor first.

If the injury is quite painful and severe I would advise against a chiropractor (at the start). Go with a physiotherapist and slowly resolve the issue. Afterwards you can top it of with an osteopath, which I'd prefer over a chiropractor. Osteopaths often have more knowledge and can do a lot of stuff both a physiotherapist or chiropractor can do.

But imo if injuries are severe the treatment of a chiropractor or osteopath can be a bit to intense, whereas a physiotherapist will take things slower.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Please visit a doctor. If one of the discs in your spine is displaced and you don't tend to it, it could very well damage the nerves there which can get you paralyzed (worst case ofc).

If you cannot move, sh!t's serious.

11. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Dunno how it's called but every single symptoms you've explained above I had some 2 years ago and last time same situation 4 weeeks ago, it was my fault for sure :bang:

2 years ago it happened during short weekend vacation with my wife and kids while I was fooling around with my kids in Danube near our cabin. They were jumping from my shoulders into the Danube, all three of them, older kid with his 65Kg + both twins: kid 30Kg and girl 25Kg. I've dived/crouched under the water, they've climbed on my shoulders and then from my shoulders I've catapult them high into the air and to the Danube. Multiply few hundreds of jumps x 3 kids and God knows how many Tons my back were lifting that afternoon, and all that with my torso half way plunged into the cold Danube. My kids love to do that since they were 3 years old, but over the years from 15Kg backthen all of them gone to much more weight and it was not the same amount of stress for my back anymore, and I'm geting oder also (despite I was former amateur bodybuilder)... Everything was OK that day and later in the evening but next morning I've couldnt get up from the bed: insanely sharp pain in the low end of my back, when it strikes I couldn't move, even couldn't breath for 10 or 20 seconds. Few times pain in the back was so strong I almost vomited. With the help of my lady somehow I make it to the bathroom, tub full of hot water, few Aspirins and next 2 days I couldn't do anything: hot tub, bed, pissing, bed, hot tub, Aspirins, bed, pissing... Lol, remember later that day pain in the back striked me while I was pissing: pain was so sudden and I've pissed all over my shorts and pissed half of the bathroom also. No one was around so I took a bath in the hot tub, fully dressed/pised, couldn't took away clotes by myself :O

Last time same thing happened some 4 weeks ago, but this time I was fully disabled "just" one day. Vacation with my wife and kids on Srebrno Jezero, few dozens of jumps with my kids on my back/shoulders + I even (what a stupid idea) lifted all three of them at the same time (80Kg + 45Kg + 35Kg) and did a few full crouches and stand ups with them on my back, guess I did that to show off myself to the ladies on the beach (wife was not around, lol). But I wasn't laughing next day, pain in the back was horrible, couldn't make it to the beach so next day I've skipped almost everything I could just to make it to the next day :( These are probably last few pics with twins jumping from my shoulders, older kid (not on the pics) is much taller and heavier tha those two twins, he's almost like me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No more things like this for me...
    until next year :D

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    CrazY_Milojko, I would recommend you to watch and try this technique with the family:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVVd_TTuOU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-bon-fFg4

It is quite easy even for a child to perform on adult. In these clips therapists have massage table, but it can be done on the floor or with client on the edge of sofa and therapist on the stool. I have practised holistic pulsing for 10 years now and can assure that it is very good for problems in spine (either as SOS or long therapy).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  13. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    I reply only because i have the same injury last week doing shoulder press on a bench. Exactly like you describe, the pain in my lower back like someone put a knife on it, sharp and sudden.
    I went to see a chiropractor and took an x-ray. My spine L4 is twisted and L5 is bent, no fracture or anything though.

I strongly suggest you to see a doctor or chiropractor. You describe electric going through your leg indicate that your spine might be pressing your nerve system and it could be serious.
    Better safe then sorry.

14. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks mbk1969, but in my case the real "cure" for "summer back pains" is to stop pretending I'm still 25 years old and that all my kids are still tiny and lightweight. My back would be grateful if I start to act like other people my age.... but I can't :D

Back massage like on those YT clips could help for sure both for me and to the OP. Every single time I had back pains my lady was there to massage my back a bit or a bit more, dunno if it's normal or not but while she massaged my back I was farting like a mad, couldn't control it at all, lol

Joking asside... After few hot tubs, Aspirins and few massage sessions if nothing helps to OP in next day or two then going to doctor or therapist is the only way to go.

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Thanks 4 Everyone for the support first of all, You guys are really a great bunch!!!

This injury was from a heavy squat I did about 10 years ago, I am currently 39 (old-fart) I use to take Roids back in the day also so I guess this is just the way it goes,Live by the sword die by the sword.

I cannot recall which disk it is but for sure I have 1 or more herniated disk, I am felling a little better today I can actually walk now YAY!!! Alot of cold compression and having the wife massage every few hours. Thank you guys so much, Believe it or not the support from you guys Has helped me so much! Nick.

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I've had some pack pain that was relieved by a combination of yoga and massage. If you don't want to go under the knife or the needle, it's an option.

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    The sound of relaxation -)))

18. MayaHaveADrink

MayaHaveADrink Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 950
    Ooof. Sounds like the sciatic nerve is being impacted. Definitely see the doc.

19. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Its been (alot) better lately I took off week or so off the gym and now I am real careful to streatch and get a proper warm-up prior to hitting the weights, You get carried away thinking you can do what you did in your 20s - Almost 40 now yeah right! But its all good thank you guys for the support means alot to me.

I was using Cold then switching to warm baths, Plenty of rest ect, The smallest thing can set it off so I started sleeping on the Floor hard surface helps alot also.

The wife threw in a couple massage sessions, But in no way is that women (Gentle) my god, she laid in on it I wanted to scream for the pain haha. I told her to take-it-easy....:)

20. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    when I feel my back is weak I take it easy no jujitsu and keep taking it easy for a couple of weeks just light exercise nothing to hard.

If it is the first time you have had a bad back would go see a doctor